The Student Room Group

How do I apologise to my bf?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I've been a ***** to him lately, there's fault on both sides but I feel like most of it is my fault. We've had a huge argument and we're not talking, I hate it being like this and I miss him. How should I apologise and what should I say? Should I do something special for him to show I'm genuinely sorry? (I'm a girl btw)

Random BJ & Steak day?
Original post by yudothis
Random BJ & Steak day?

I don't really want to have to give him sexual pleasures because I don't think its meaningful, anyway he doesn't want to talk so I'm just going to let him be till he's ready to speak.
Think of something he usually enjoys (but isn't your thing) and pay to take him out to do that thing.
I don't really want to have to give him sexual pleasures because I don't think its meaningful, anyway he doesn't want to talk so I'm just going to let him be till he's ready to speak.

You sound boring and prude.

Not something you want to be to win him back.
Original post by Foo.mp3
Would help if you told us what'd happened but just show due contrition/humility, and stay positive! :smile:

Basically my trust issues are extremely bad, it doesn't help that my friends are also telling me that my he will leave once another girl comes along. I told him this and we had a massive argument, I over thought a lot of past incidents and had a massive go at him. It was bit uncalled for and he hadn't actually done anything for me to be calling him a liar and all sorts. I was fuming at the fact he wasn't even trying to tell me he wouldn't do such things and said goodnight and went to bed without giving me an explanation (he's probably had enough of my trust issues and my friends at that point). He's replied to my apology after a day but he's giving me two word replies and that too extremeelyyyyy late replies. That's it.
Write to him. Apologise and put it all down on paper. Post it first class. With a letter he can read and re- read it over and over and really process what you have said. Be genuine and heartfelt.
Original post by markova21
Write to him. Apologise and put it all down on paper. Post it first class. With a letter he can read and re- read it over and over and really process what you have said. Be genuine and heartfelt.

ahhhhh, this might sound a bit moist but I wrote "I'm sorry" a hundred times and I also drew a picture saying "I'm sorry for being such a *****" (I can draw) along with a paragraph apologising. All he's saying to that is "Yeah it's fine, leave it" which means "I'm not alright, I'm still pissed"
ahhhhh, this might sound a bit moist but I wrote "I'm sorry" a hundred times and I also drew a picture saying "I'm sorry for being such a *****" (I can draw) along with a paragraph apologising. All he's saying to that is "Yeah it's fine, leave it" which means "I'm not alright, I'm still pissed"

Then if that's the case leave him be. He will either calm down and contact you or he won't. Sounds as if you have held out the olive branch to him and apologised but he's still not happy. Don't go running after him.
Original post by markova21
Then if that's the case leave him be. He will either calm down and contact you or he won't. Sounds as if you have held out the olive branch to him and apologised but he's still not happy. Don't go running after him.

I know he won't, he's not the type to put in effort. wow he sounds like a **** bf and I sound like a beg. thanks for the advice.
I know he won't, he's not the type to put in effort. wow he sounds like a **** bf and I sound like a beg. thanks for the advice.

No worries. Just give yourself some time. I know it's a pathetic cliche but things really do often happen for a reason.
Reply 30
Say you're dumbing him and the table will turn.
Give him head.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Foo.mp3
Are you confident you are mature/mentally healthy enough to be in a serious relationship? Do you not think you have stuff to work through first e.g. in terms of baggage and working on self-worth etc?

Alls you can do is give him time, and hope he doesn't burn it. Must say, him not confirming he won't move on to the next girl isn't very encouraging, sorry

I know I'm mature enough but yeah I have to work on myself which I was doing before he came, I warned him to not get close to me a million times but he kept saying go with the flow. I never really thought I'd end up feeling this way or being this attached which sucks. I also feel like I'm somewhat disrespecting myself for putting in effort when he's admitted he's lazy. I know, thank you.
Original post by ℓove
Say you're dumbing him and the table will turn.

I feel like that would cause more problems

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending