The Student Room Group

Fancying my flat mate...

So it's my 4th week living with my Malaysian flat mate (plus 10 others) and I am attracted to him (for like a week, now?) - probably because I have a tendency to like East Asians. I don't think it's anything deeper than a physical attraction (but physical could be the wrong term - he's not even that attractive) but I really can't carry on internally reacting to him like "damn boy" / "i really want to screw you rn" when he's eating dinner... ahh what do I do!?
LMAO Just go for it, it'll make both of you happy
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
So it's my 4th week living with my Malaysian flat mate (plus 10 others) and I am attracted to him (for like a week, now?) - probably because I have a tendency to like East Asians. I don't think it's anything deeper than a physical attraction (but physical could be the wrong term - he's not even that attractive) but I really can't carry on internally reacting to him like "damn boy" / "i really want to screw you rn" when he's eating dinner... ahh what do I do!?

Are you white, asian, black?.
There's so many of these threads. The same advice seems to hold true in all cases: don't s**t where you eat.
Reply 4
Original post by Reality Check
There's so many of these threads. The same advice seems to hold true in all cases: don't s**t where you eat.

what do you mean?
what do you mean?

Well, if things go horribly wrong you would still have to see him every day for the foreseeable future.
Reply 7
Original post by Cyclosporin
Well, if things go horribly wrong you would still have to see him every day for the foreseeable future.

I guess but that doesn't necessarily mean we'll be on bad terms - it'll just be awkward, for a bit

anyway, I think it's just a physical/sexual desire, so I'm not looking for a long lasting relationship; though, I'm not sure I'd like a one off fling either

guess I better control my hormones but that might be hard if he continues to be suggestive...
Reply 8
Original post by Reality Check

Perhaps I'm the odd one out then, I got with a flatmate during Freshers, and we've been together ever since. :redface:

OP, up to you. TSR won't hold all the answers.
Reply 9
Original post by marina666

think I will

but like

I want him now
Reply 10
think I will

but like

I want him now

Again, it depends what race are you?.
If you are of the same race as him maybe there is a bigger chance it will work.
Of course also it depends on your looks, and how attractive are you.
Original post by Waspee
Again, it depends what race are you?.
If you are of the same race as him maybe there is a bigger chance it will work.
Of course also it depends on your looks, and how attractive are you.

I'm not the same race as him but I do get hit on a lot, so I don't think my looks will be a problem.

I don't know how forward he is with these kind of things (not very, I guess) and I'm shy when it comes to romance, too (I rely on the guy to progress the relationship) so...
it's not a good idea. i ended up liking my housemate and we are still friends but barely
Reply 13
I'm not the same race as him but I do get hit on a lot, so I don't think my looks will be a problem.

I don't know how forward he is with these kind of things (not very, I guess) and I'm shy when it comes to romance, too (I rely on the guy to progress the relationship) so...

What race are you?.
He's from malaysia, aren't most malaysians Muslim? If so, it's unlikely he'll sleep with you, but I guess it depends on how religious he is.
He's from malaysia, aren't most malaysians Muslim? If so, it's unlikely he'll sleep with you, but I guess it depends on how religious he is.

he's not Muslim
Original post by Airmed
Perhaps I'm the odd one out then, I got with a flatmate during Freshers, and we've been together ever since. :redface:

OP, up to you. TSR won't hold all the answers.

me too... 6 years on...

however I still wouldn't advise it... I think had anything gone wrong (and OP doesn't actually want a relationship - there's huge potential for feelings to get hurt on either side there) it would have been a horrible atmosphere in the flat and made it tough for flatmates too.
Reply 17
proposition him. It's the only way forward.
Reply 18
Original post by doodle_333
me too... 6 years on...

however I still wouldn't advise it... I think had anything gone wrong (and OP doesn't actually want a relationship - there's huge potential for feelings to get hurt on either side there) it would have been a horrible atmosphere in the flat and made it tough for flatmates too.

Yeah, there is the potential for that to occur.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending