The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by daj19
Nope I haven't yet but I'm guessing we will hear back by this week hopefully! Did you tell them you could start immediately or did you need a notice period?

They didn't ask me about notice period, but since I'm currently employed I think they'd assume I have a notice period. What did u tell them?
I haven't even received my DBS yet! They emailed me yesterday saying that I had to email a "missing document" so they could proceed. I did that today so now fingers crossed.
If the "big start date" is 5th Dec they should contact us soon. Let's hope!
Reply 2161
Original post by Congly
They didn't ask me about notice period, but since I'm currently employed I think they'd assume I have a notice period. What did u tell them?
I haven't even received my DBS yet! They emailed me yesterday saying that I had to email a "missing document" so they could proceed. I did that today so now fingers crossed.

I've just graduated so I said immediately, ah no way! On the bright side DBS only takes a day for it to be completed and they'll probably speed you through the rest of the process. Its so annoying as I had the chance to take on some temp job around September/October but didn't as I assumed I would have started this by now. Its getting so annoying now, anyone got a number that I can get through to
Original post by Yasmin_Begum
That makes me feel a lot better. That makes sense maybe that's why we haven't been contacted. Yeah you're right we just gotta sit tight, I suppose that's all we can do!

Seems like Manchester aren't in any rush. I sent dbs off over 4 weeks ago for O role and haven't heard anything yet.
Reply 2163
Original post by keeleyvic
Telesales in Bolton unfortunately!
I keep getting unknown numbers ringing and obviously answer thinking it could be hmrc...
Wishful thinking!

Thanks. I was hoping that it was HMRC
Original post by Zyro
News I heard today. Internal issues that I won't go into detail about, but there's no guarantee people with provisional offers will be receiving job offers at the moment.

We have a handful of people starting in November. Non scheduled in December yet.
Disclaimer: I don't get the whole story. Just little bits. Take with a pinch of salt.

Zyro, are you talking about a specific location or generally as I know few people that already got start date for December in London?
Reply 2165
Original post by success007
Zyro, are you talking about a specific location or generally as I know few people that already got start date for December in London?

As far as im aware generally across HMRC. Anyone with a formal offer should be fine. Those with provisional offers could be waiting a while.

As per before, take with a pinch of salt. I only overheard limited amounts.
Original post by Congly

Hey there Congly....I just had to join the conversation....did they email you out of the blue for this missing document, or was it responding to you.

Also was this missing document something additional or something they misplaced.... eager to know as nothing has progressed on my side and so It may clear the mist.

Good luck as some have mentioned this early Christmas present!
Original post by Zyro
As far as im aware generally across HMRC. Anyone with a formal offer should be fine. Those with provisional offers could be waiting a while.

Hey Zyro; you probably sent pulses racing on here! From what you have gathered is there any real risk that offers will be removed as their simply isnt the need etc/
Original post by Zyro

I'd be ****ing furious if this is the case having since turned down job offers after this :angry::angry::angry::angry:

Pretty hard to "take with a pinch of salt" after hearing that! I'm absolutely appalled with the lack of communication from CSR to be honest.

They should have clearly stated that the process will take approximately 3 months at least from receiving the provisional offer. I've had to take on part time work in the mean time, which means I'm struggle for money massively. But I also don't want to mess an organisation around by starting a proper full time job in the mean time.

They've put people into such a **** situation, honestly. Feel like I'm never going to get the job, and it was all some elaborate scam.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Zyro
News I heard today. Internal issues that I won't go into detail about, but there's no guarantee people with provisional offers will be receiving job offers at the moment.

We have a handful of people starting in November. Non scheduled in December yet.
Disclaimer: I don't get the whole story. Just little bits. Take with a pinch of salt.

I heard yesterday that formal offers would be going out this week! Watch this space I guess
Original post by enterunsername
Hey Zyro; you probably sent pulses racing on here! From what you have gathered is there any real risk that offers will be removed as their simply isnt the need etc/

:frown:
Lot of us for Belfast got phone calls today with start dates 6-8 weeks from now, letters to follow (O grade)
Too many people are getting confused.... if you've been made a provisional offer of employment and you've passed your pre employment checks, then you are made a formal offer. It's black and white, the provisional offer is subject to checks and once they're completed that's it. Everyone should receive an offer soon.
Original post by memoryfish
Too many people are getting confused.... if you've been made a provisional offer of employment and you've passed your pre employment checks, then you are made a formal offer. It's black and white, the provisional offer is subject to checks and once they're completed that's it. Everyone should receive an offer soon.

Haven't had my checks back yet. Apparently still waiting on my DBS even though it's been well over a month. This is stressing me out so much, I feel like they genuinely don't factor in the fact that some of us don't currently have a secure job and steady income.
Original post by Twinpeaks
Haven't had my checks back yet. Apparently still waiting on my DBS even though it's been well over a month. This is stressing me out so much, I feel like they genuinely don't factor in the fact that some of us don't currently have a secure job and steady income.

Same situation even down to not having a secure job/steady income. DBS havent even got an application in my name yet.
Same situation even down to not having a secure job/steady income. DBS havent even got an application in my name yet.

What campaign are you part of ?
Original post by memoryfish
What campaign are you part of ?

O grade from TSP in Manchester, you?

It's such a frustrating feeling isn't it, waiting every day for that email.

The thing is, my friend who applied for the same role and location as me received her DBS, and was informed that her checks were complete last week. Although she actually filled in her DBS I information a little later than I did. There seems to be no method to it at all.
There seems to be no logical method at all but hang in there guys, it will eventually come through!
Original post by Twinpeaks
It's such a frustrating feeling isn't it, waiting every day for that email.

The thing is, my friend who applied for the same role and location as me received her DBS, and was informed that her checks were complete last week. Although she actually filled in her DBS I information a little later than I did. There seems to be no method to it at all.

Its so annoying! Every phone call or email I get gets my hopes up! Ive seen on the TPS thread that people have only been asked for their DBS two weeks ago and already received formal offers!
I've just sent an email to the guy who asked me to bring my documents in, no one else seems to want to give any answers.

Latest

Trending

Trending