The Student Room Group

How many 'straight' girls have slept with another woman?

I had a date recently where my date (English girl, early 20s) almost matter of factly told me she had slept with women, even though she is a very normal straight girl.

At first I was a bit surprised and taken aback but then I started thinking to the other girls I've dated and actually this is not the first time someone has said this to me. I've heard it from at least 2 other girls as well, both in their 20s and both from liberal Western cultures.

So how common is this these days? Are girls all sleeping with each other?

Scroll to see replies

I'm not so sure... If she is presently sleeping with women then she is gay, or at least bisexual. She can change her sexuality though, so sleeping with a woman in the past doesn't mean that she can't be straight now...
Reply 2
Original post by snakesnake
I had a date recently where my date (English girl, early 20s) almost matter of factly told me she had slept with women, even though she is a very normal straight girl.

At first I was a bit surprised and taken aback but then I started thinking to the other girls I've dated and actually this is not the first time someone has said this to me. I've heard it from at least 2 other girls as well, both in their 20s and both from liberal Western cultures.

Where are you from exactly?.
Reply 3

Well, sleeping with a woman in the past would mean that she WAS gay or at least bisexual. However, as people ca change their sexuality, she could now be straight.
Reply 4

It is becoming more common.

Whether a girl is straight or not, experimenting with her own gender doesn't carry quite the same stigma as it does for men.

Straight girls tend to also not be sexually repulsed by their own gender.

Interesting stuff.
Reply 5
Original post by stefano865
It is becoming more common.

Whether a girl is straight or not, experimenting with her own gender doesn't carry quite the same stigma as it does for men.

Straight girls tend to also not be sexually repulsed by their own gender.

Interesting stuff.

would you say that men are sexually repulsed by their own gender? (writing as a girl here)
Reply 6
Original post by Waspee
Where are you from exactly?.

An EU nation but live in the UK. My point was that I had heard this from both an English girl as well as girls from other countries and this seems to go across national borders.
Reply 7
Original post by JapanNet
would you say that men are sexually repulsed by their own gender? (writing as a girl here)

Yes.
I am a guy and repulsed by other guys as I am 100% straight, and will not have sex with another guy for a trillion dollars.
Reply 8
An EU nation but live in the UK. My point was that I had heard this from both an English girl as well as girls from other countries and this seems to go across national borders.

What us your race?.
And are you religious?.
Original post by Waspee
Yes.
I am a guy and repulsed by other guys as I am 100% straight, and will not have sex with another guy for a trillion dollars.

Well, I would generally say as a straight girl that I admire my own gender and could potentially think that they are sexually fit, but I wouldn't necessarily sleep with them... Repulsed is too strong a word to use in my case though.
Original post by Waspee
Yes.

Well, I would say that as a straight girl I admire my own gender and I can think that they are sexually fit... but I wouldn't necessarily sleep with them. Repulsed is too strong a word to use in my case though..
Original post by Waspee
What us your race?.
And are you religious?.

why would it matter?!
Original post by Waspee
What us your race?.
And are you religious?.

Well European kind of implies that I'm white but not religious, does it not? But that is the case: I and all these girls were white and and all were non religious.
Reply 13
why would it matter?!

It does.
IF he comes from a religious background and certaib racial background it mighy explain why ge us asking this question.
Reply 14
Well European kind of implies that I'm white but not religious, does it not? But that is the case: I and all these girls were white and and all were non religious.

Not necesseraily.
Nowadays there are many non - whites/ and non Christians living within the borders of Europe.

Are you east european?.

Good question. I clearly can't talk for everyone but this is the impression I get.

For me the idea of doing something sexual with a guy carries a deep rooted biological repulsion.

I actually sort of wish I was gay cos I'd be knee deep in sausage.
Original post by Waspee
It does.
IF he comes from a religious background and certaib racial background it mighy explain why ge us asking this question.

True, but the whole point about the anonymity of the online environment is that it shouldn't matter. This is a question for all to consider regardless of race or religion.
However, as people ca change their sexuality, she could now be straight.

Hoooold up. Conversion therapy doesn't work.
Original post by stefano865
Good question. I clearly can't talk for everyone but this is the impression I get.

For me the idea of doing something sexual with a guy carries a deep rooted biological repulsion.

I actually sort of wish I was gay cos I'd be knee deep in sausage.

For me I wouldn't say that all girls, or even most girls have that same sort of sexual repulsion toward their own gender.
Reply 19
For me I wouldn't say that all girls, or even most girls have that same sort of sexual repulsion toward their own gender.

I am a guy.
Don't speak in name of all girls.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending