The Student Room Group

Is Donald Trump a joke, a threat, or a force for good in America?

Scroll to see replies

Trump is everything the world needs and more - no nonsense, anti-PC, tough on immigration, tough on Islam, dedicated to bringing jobs back to American citizens. I don't see how anyone can be against him.
Reply 2
Original post by #ChaosKass
Trump is everything the world needs and more - no nonsense, anti-PC, tough on immigration, tough on Islam, dedicated to bringing jobs back to American citizens. I don't see how anyone can be against him.

Are you born dumb or stupid?
Reply 3
a force for good in America... if Hilary Clinton is the ONLY other option.

Come again?
Reply 5
Original post by Drunq
Are you born dumb or stupid?

ikr.
Reply 6
What about Michelle Obama? if she ran for president?
Reply 7
Original post by JapanNet

Trump is a symptom of the establishment not doing much for the native US person. Other things like cultural change simply amount to icing on a very poisonous cake.

I can't see Trump doing much more than tackle a few of the cultural issues but he may be what the Republican Party need to put their focus in the right place for 2020 with a credible platform aimed at ordinary Americans and small business capitalism.

Hilary is rightly or wrongly the epitome of that establishment.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Rakas21
Trump is a symptom of the establishment not doing much for the native US person. Other things like cultural change simply amount to icing on a very poisonous cake.

? I agree with the first point... but what do you mean by the bold text?
Reply 9
Original post by Rakas21

I can't see Trump doing much more than tackle a few of the cultural issues but he may be what the Republican Party need to put their focus in the right place for 2020 with a credible platform aimed at ordinary Americans and small business capitalism.

Hilary is rightly or wrongly the epitome of that establishment.

Is that racism?

Before even clicking on this thread, I had already predicted with a high degree of certainty that you would be making a cheeky appearance.
? I agree with the first point... but what do you mean by the bold text?

I mean that while most people probably don't want a bunch of Mexicans or Muslims moving in next door, it's a much lower priority issue for most Americans then whether they can get a job, whether that job pays well, whether they can pay their health bills.

Social issues for the majority are the type of thing people talk about but come election day, pale compared to the economy.
Is that racism?

Not unless you believe that the Americans who want the wall are racist.

For the record, i'm pro very high immigration.
What you put down in words doesn't exactly translate to real life. His protectionist policies will be bad for America's economy, his military policies have been laughed aside by many top military officials, and calling for a ban on all Muslims from entering the country is blatantly unconstitutional. The West does need to take a tougher stance on Islam, but that should involve things such as ideological tests and things like education when deciding on who to let into the country (and a guaranteed job). Society is getting too PC, but Donald Trump is a world away from the answer to that. Oh, and claiming he won't come to the aid of NATO allies utterly undermines the institution and only strengthens Russia's hand against the West.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by XOR_
Come again?

Trump is correct on climate change - it's a hoax. If not created by the Chinese then by liberal hippies trying to push their green agenda.
Trump is correct on climate change - it's a hoax. If not created by the Chinese then by liberal hippies trying to push their green agenda.

Wow.. http://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/
I'd say he was bad for America if I thought he was going to get a elected.

Instead I see him as a joke. As soon as the election is over they'll be an explosion of conspiracy theories and crap about the mean establishment etc. However the reality is the Republicans handed the election to Clinton by nominating a cartoon villain.
Reply 17

Facing facts. Not something that morons on the internet are good at. :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by Quantex
I'd say he was bad for America if I thought he was going to get a elected.

Instead I see him as a joke. As soon as the election is over they'll be an explosion of conspiracy theories and crap about the mean establishment etc. However the reality is the Republicans handed the election to Clinton by nominating a cartoon villain.

https://www.quora.com/Is-Donald-Trump-likely-to-win-the-2016-election-late-2015-early-2016

How can you be so sure?
We could be doomed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending