The Student Room Group

Advice on applying for RMO/SHO jobs in New Zealand

Hi guys,

I've spent some time reading about going to work in New Zealand but silly though it sounds, I haven't worked out the practicalities of actually finding a job and wondered if anyone had advice.

Should I just choose a locum agency and hope (in which case which one?)? Or is there a site I can peruse myself (like you can for NHS LAT and LAS jobs)?

For info:*I've worked out I'd prefer to work on South island, and prefer it to be A and E, acute medicine or an ITU job (though I have no ITU experience) in terms of working out what career I should go for and to build experience. My CV is pretty basic, I have medical school prizes but no posters/publications/national prizes and I just have the generic foundation training stuff career wise.

Google-ing is just bringing up lots of different locum agencies.

Thanks.*
Reply 1
Anyone able to help?

Thanks.*
Reply 2
Original post by TheRabbit
Anyone able to help?

Thanks.*

Hi,

Reviving this post as i'm looking to find work in New Zealand for next year, did you manage to find anything?
Reply 3
Original post by diggerz
Hi,

Reviving this post as i'm looking to find work in New Zealand for next year, did you manage to find anything?

Ha no not really, at the moment planning on looking for jobs next summer to start in November.
Reply 4
Original post by TheRabbit
Ha no not really, at the moment planning on looking for jobs next summer to start in November.

did you decide on using the temp agencies or have you been checking the jobs boards?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending