The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Squish•
No it's not, she was saying she didn't think it's right or fair so i said just because it's not in her taste it doesn't mean it's wrong to discuss it.
I was interested in respect to it's compatibility with islam. It's related to islam, i don't see any problem discussing it here.
But actually I guess after thinking about it; i shouldn't be talking about it here and i should just post memes here instead, because that's whats relevant and what this thread is reserved for, right?

First, you need to chill. No need to get offended.
Second, I deleted that post because after thinking about it I thought meh whatever.
Third, nothing wrong with posting memes every once in a while its called having a sense of a humour. Some people may not appreciate you talking about that here that's the only point I was highlighting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Squish•
No it's not, she was saying she didn't think it's right or fair so i said just because it's not in her taste it doesn't mean it's wrong to discuss it.
I was interested in respect to it's compatibility with islam. It's related to islam, i don't see any problem discussing it here.
But actually I guess after thinking about it; i shouldn't be talking about it here and i should just post memes here instead, because that's whats relevant and what this thread is reserved for, right?

You need to calm down.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5482
Reply 5483

:cry2:
!!!
Reply 5486
Original post by Squish•
!!!

Reply 5487
Original post by beautifulxxx

:flowers:
Reply 5489
Original post by Squish•

SMILE not LAUGH 😭

(edited 7 years ago)
Types of companions: choose wisely

Sheikh ‘Uthaymeen رحمه الله تعالى said:

Companions can be categorised into 3 types:

The 1st: The companion of personal interest
This is one who accompanies you so long as he attains some sort of benefit from you; whether this be wealth, status or so forth. Whereby if this benefit ceases, he turns into an enemy and treats you like a total stranger as though you do not know him. How many of this type of companions there are! How many they are who make accusations concerning Sadaqah.

Allah عز وجل Has said in the Qur’an:

وَمِنْهُم مَّن يَلْمِزُكَ فِي الصَّدَقَاتِ فَإِنْ أُعْطُوا مِنْهَا رَضُوا وَإِن لَّمْ يُعْطَوْا مِنْهَا إِذَا هُمْ يَسْخَطُونَ“

And from them are some who accuse you (O Muhammad) in the matter of (the distribution of) the alms. If they are given part thereof, they are pleased, but if they are not given thereof, behold! They are annoyed!” {Surah Tawbah, Ayah 58}

He could be a close friend to you and you view him as the most honourable of the people and he views you the same. One day he asks you, “Give me your book so that I may read it.” You say to him, “By Allah, I need the book tomorrow (so I can’t give it to you).” He becomes haughty towards you and displays enmity towards you. Is this a (true) friend? This is a friend of benefit!

The Second: The Friend of Delight

Meaning, he only befriends you because he finds pleasure in speaking with you and associating with you and being with you. However he does not benefit from you nor do you benefit from him. Neither of you benefit the other. It is nothing except a waste of time. Regarding this one should also beware that he should waste your time!

The Third: The Friend of Virtue

He carries you toward that which beautifies (you) and prohibits you from that which disfigures. He opens for you the doors of good and directs you towards it. If you slip he corrects you in a manner that does not strip you of honour. This the friend of virtue!

Sharh Hilyah Taalib Al-‘Ilm Pg. 102

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by h333
SMILE not LAUGH 😭

so
Reply 5492
Original post by Squish•
so

Check the edit. So youre refusing to smile. You dont like smiling?
Original post by h333
Ok seriously. No one is attacking you. They said that because it may be very personal to Fatima, just looking out for her as sisters. I know she is ok with sharing but rn she has been going through a lot so it may not be good for us to ask her too many questions regarding that on here. Yeah you can I guess ask about it but not from her. Just ask the question if you want separately and maybe someone can answer relating it to Islam if possible. Don't be upset guys.

Original post by beautifulxxx
First, you need to chill, no need to get offended.
Second, I deleted that post because after thinking about it I thought meh whatever.
Third, nothing wrong with posting memes every once in a while its called having a sense of a humour. Some people may not appreciate you talking about that here that's the only point I was highlighting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why are you two trying to prevent me speaking to her about something when she is more than fine with talking about it. She has all of you telling me not to speak about it with her yet she still doesn't mind. All i know is about her is that she classes herself as asexual and that i am intrigued by it so i asked her questions and she is happily responding. I never asked in a bad way or anything else, if i asked her about her opinion on anything else it would be alright but why can't i speak to her nicely about this!
I never said there was anything wrong with posting memes, i highlighted the point that you're jumping on me for asking her a question which you feel 'isn't relevant' but you happily post memes like they are more relevant.
Why are you saying it's not good to ask the questions or saying i can't ask her, she has a choice of whether she wants to answer or not. It's not even a bad question fgs i don't get what you lot are crying about.
Reply 5494
Original post by h333
Check the edit. So youre refusing to smile. You dont like smiling?

so = refusing/not liking to smile. Thanks for letting me know, i'll send an email to a website i just found out about after being kindly recommended by @Leukocyte called google so they can update their definition.

Spoiler

do u want to stop talking about it?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5497
Original post by Squish•
Why are you two trying to prevent me speaking to her about something when she is more than fine with talking about it. She has all of you telling me not to speak about it with her yet she still doesn't mind. All i know is about her is that she classes herself as asexual and that i am intrigued by it so i asked her questions and she is happily responding. I never asked in a bad way or anything else, if i asked her about her opinion on anything else it would be alright but why can't i speak to her nicely about this!
I never said there was anything wrong with posting memes, i highlighted the point that you're jumping on me for asking her a question which you feel 'isn't relevant' but you happily post memes like they are more relevant.
Why are you saying it's not good to ask the questions or saying i can't ask her, she has a choice of whether she wants to answer or not. It's not even a bad question fgs i don't get what you lot are crying about.

Firstly, no one is crying. We are all calm dw. No one can stop you asking if she is ok with it but we are saying now is not the right time because she is not feeling well. And she may not show it but she may get uncomfortable with talking about it. Just the time is not right. Hope you understand.
Reply 5498
Original post by Squish•
so = refusing/not liking to smile. Thanks for letting me know, i'll send an email to a website i just found out about after being kindly recommended by @Leukocyte called google so they can update their definition.

Sorry for trying to make you feel better. Then why did you say so?
Original post by Squish•

They'd be like what a freshie and ignore.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest