The Student Room Group

UCL A100 Medicine - 2017 Entry

Hi everyone! :smile:

How are you feeling for BMAT? Where else are you applying?

Anyone else constantly checking UCAS Track despite knowing that none of the medical schools will have updated anything? :dots:

Scroll to see replies

I have applied to UCL for medicine course but not yet received any confirmation email from UCL , have you guys received any confirmation email?
Also applying :biggrin:

I received a confirmation email but haven't gotten my Userid yet? Anyone else???
I got my userid but it did't work..
Has anyone else got an email about the admission process including the interview dates?
Yeah I got that email. I so want to be interviewed in December or early Jan!!! If If I actually get an interview because the BMAT pastpapers and I aren't getting along so well 😓😓

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alittlejell
Yeah I got that email. I so want to be interviewed in December or early Jan!!! If If I actually get an interview because the BMAT pastpapers and I aren't getting along so well 😓😓

Posted from TSR Mobile

did you also get about giving more details about your work experience? I'm not sure if I have put mine in the right format :s
Original post by Mo_elheramy
did you also get about giving more details about your work experience? I'm not sure if I have put mine in the right format :s

No I didn't get that email. Did u have to fill out an extra form or something? Also what other med schools did u apply to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alittlejell
No I didn't get that email. Did u have to fill out an extra form or something? Also what other med schools did u apply to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, it's only sent to a couple of people just for further information, don't think it has anything to do with likelihood of getting an interview. I applied to ucl barts king's and uea for medicine, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh I'm so glad I found this thread! I'm applying to Cambridge, king's, UCL and Edinburgh :smile: don't know why I picked 2 BMAT unis, didn't realise the BMAT was going to be so difficult :frown:
Original post by rosemondtan
Oh I'm so glad I found this thread! I'm applying to Cambridge, king's, UCL and Edinburgh :smile: don't know why I picked 2 BMAT unis, didn't realise the BMAT was going to be so difficult :frown:

Don't worry, most people find BMAT difficult. What are your stats and your ukcat scores, I'm also applying to UCL and king's :smile:
Don't worry, most people find BMAT difficult. What are your stats and your ukcat scores, I'm also applying to UCL and king's :smile:

Hello! How are you getting on with the BMAT? Got 4As at AS, 753 on the UKCAT and predicted 4A*s. You? :smile:
Hello! How are you getting on with the BMAT? Got 4As at AS, 753 on the UKCAT and predicted 4A*s. You? :smile:

Wow your ukcat! I got 703 ukcat cause my VR was so low :frown: , 4As at AS and also predicted 4A*s + A* EPQ predicted. I find BMAT section 2 fine, section 1 worries me and section 3 depends on what questions we get. oh and also 7A* 2A IGCSE so not really the ideal GCSE grades. what about you how's your GCSE and how's BMAT going?

I applied to cam and Ucl too! But seeing how my Bmat prep is going I know I've flushed two choices down the drain 😂😂
Reply 14
I'm so scared from bmat on wednesday. I'm doing so badly in the past papers, never going to get an interview at ucl :frown:
Reply 15
Wow your ukcat! I got 703 ukcat cause my VR was so low :frown: , 4As at AS and also predicted 4A*s + A* EPQ predicted. I find BMAT section 2 fine, section 1 worries me and section 3 depends on what questions we get. oh and also 7A* 2A IGCSE so not really the ideal GCSE grades. what about you how's your GCSE and how's BMAT going?

Your stats are really good I wouldn't worry about the GCSE's or UKCAT still well above average. Glad to see you're doing well and I'm sure you'll nail the BMAT. Where else are you applying?

(It's Jack from Tanzania)
this is such an ambiguous question but what score would be okay? like what do you think should we be aiming for?
Reply 17
Original post by Unknown_12345
this is such an ambiguous question but what score would be okay? like what do you think should we be aiming for?

personally I think 6,6,3.5A would be a really solid score but anything above 5,5,3A should ensure an interview if there are strong grades as well
Original post by Vanloo9
Your stats are really good I wouldn't worry about the GCSE's or UKCAT still well above average. Glad to see you're doing well and I'm sure you'll nail the BMAT. Where else are you applying?

(It's Jack from Tanzania)

Omg what a crazy coincidence. I'm applying Barts King's UCL UEA for medicine and oxford for biomedicine what about you?
Reply 19
Omg what a crazy coincidence. I'm applying Barts King's UCL UEA for medicine and oxford for biomedicine what about you?

I'm applying UCL, Imperial, Newcastle and Birmingham. Good luck man I wish you all the best.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending