The Student Room Group

Architecture 2017 Entry!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by czhang1998

And also welcome to the thread! May I ask you where you have applied to?

Hey, I applied to Cambridge (Magdalene), UCL, Bath, Sheffield and Cardiff. My portfolio has already gone off for Sheffield and I'm sending off Cardiff's soon.

Got AAAA at AS and predicted A*A*A*A* for Maths, Further Maths, Art and English Lit.
Original post by Rohit007
Is architecture degree with foundation year good?

That would depend on the course concerned, how it is taught, the success rates/drop out rates and whether it suits you better than any alternatives.
How long did UCL take to confirm receipt of task?
Original post by BasilBrick
Hey, I applied to Cambridge (Magdalene), UCL, Bath, Sheffield and Cardiff. My portfolio has already gone off for Sheffield and I'm sending off Cardiff's soon.

Got AAAA at AS and predicted A*A*A*A* for Maths, Further Maths, Art and English Lit.

Nice!! Found another one applying to the same four unis as me! And yes I need to send the Cardiff portfolio soon, my deadline is 9th of Nov, what about you?
Original post by thewinelake
How long did UCL take to confirm receipt of task?

Within the same day that my parcel arrived at their office (I tracked my parcel so I know they've received it :h:)
Original post by Red99
Hi
also applying to similar Uni's.
Have applied to Bath, Cambridge.Nottingham,Sheffield and Newcastle and would be happy to get an offer from any of them.

Welcome to the thread!! Which college have you applied to for Cambridge?
Reply 126
Original post by czhang1998
Welcome to the thread!! Which college have you applied to for Cambridge?

Thank you . Applied to St John's, but know it's a total long shot. What college have you applied to and how did you choose ?
Original post by Red99
Thank you . Applied to St John's, but know it's a total long shot. What college have you applied to and how did you choose ?

I've applied to Trinity and the mainly attraction for me is their scholarship hahah I'm international applicant so tuition fees and living costs for me will be ridiculously expensive...so i'm trying to save my parents' money as much as i can haha
Has anyone sent their portfolio to Nottingham ?
I have mine on carbonnade but not sure how to send it . Any tips please ? It's due on Tuesday and I still have to get it signed off by school
Thanks
Original post by Peter Pan99
Has anyone sent their portfolio to Nottingham ?
I have mine on carbonnade but not sure how to send it . Any tips please ? It's due on Tuesday and I still have to get it signed off by school
Thanks

Hey I've sent mine off to Nottingham! What I did was create a separate document on Publisher and made a different one to the one I submitted for Oxford Brookes. If you want, message me and I can show you my portfolio? :smile:

Btw, I can't believe the amount of replies on this thread! Wasn't expecting it (because I made it haha)
Original post by TSRMatt
Hey I've sent mine off to Nottingham! What I did was create a separate document on Publisher and made a different one to the one I submitted for Oxford Brookes. If you want, message me and I can show you my portfolio? :smile:

Btw, I can't believe the amount of replies on this thread! Wasn't expecting it (because I made it haha)

Thank you, how did you manage to get all your images on giv publisher as a single document, and for the cover letter and letter confirming it was your work how did you attatch them?
And yes please that would be very helpful If I could see your portfolio!
Original post by Peter Pan99
Thank you, how did you manage to get all your images on giv publisher as a single document, and for the cover letter and letter confirming it was your work how did you attatch them?
And yes please that would be very helpful If I could see your portfolio!

So I took photos of my work and put them all into publisher and then I saved the file as a pdf. If your file is too large on publisher, you can cut down the quality of your images when you save the file as a pdf. For the cover letter, I put a title page in my portfolio on publisher and this is the same thing I did for the letter confirming my work.

Originally, the size of my publisher was about 40mb (max for portfolio is 10mb) but when I saved it at a lower quality for the pdf, it was reduced down to 2.3mb.

Hope this helps! If you have any problems feel free to quote/message me :biggrin::smile::h:
Reply 132
Hi, I have applied to UCL, Edinburgh, Cardiff, Nottingham and Manchester. My top choice is UCL, so I wanna ask how long did you guys wait for the task?

Just a few hours!
Reply 134
Anyone done their portfolios for Manchester?
Reply 135
My portfolio for Nottingham is due on Tuesday too, this may seen like a daft question but I was wondering if you had to present your portfolio and the layout of your work artistically or if submitting each image on a white document was enough?
Original post by Hch112
My portfolio for Nottingham is due on Tuesday too, this may seen like a daft question but I was wondering if you had to present your portfolio and the layout of your work artistically or if submitting each image on a white document was enough?

I'm not sure about Nottingham but for my portfolio I had more than one image per side, so I had to lay it out artistically to an extent. If you have tons of sheets (20-30) then you can probably get away with one a side, but any less and it might be worth putting more.
Reply 137
thanks, did you apply recently or early October/September? :smile:
Hello (:

I'm applying to Cambridge, Bath, UCL, Edinbrugh and Sheffield.

My AS Grades: AAA(C)A (I retook one)
Predicted Grades: A*A*AA
AS/A2 subjects: Maths, Physics, Art, Economics

I'm really scared waaah my friends have already got offers for other courses and I'm here like ._.
Original post by poopiepie
Hello (:

I'm applying to Cambridge, Bath, UCL, Edinbrugh and Sheffield.

My AS Grades: AAA(C)A (I retook one)
Predicted Grades: A*A*AA
AS/A2 subjects: Maths, Physics, Art, Economics

I'm really scared waaah my friends have already got offers for other courses and I'm here like ._.

Did you do your AS levels a year early?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending