The Student Room Group

Women riding scooters

Has anyone here seen this? I often see women riding push scooters on the pavemwnt where i live. Where the hell did this trend come from?
Reply 1
Take child to school on scooter, easier to ride it back that carry it back.
Reply 2
Original post by Tubbz
Take child to school on scooter, easier to ride it back that carry it back.

I doubt that's what it is, these are àdult-sized scooters which they ride at all times of day! As if it's a new trend.
Reply 3
Original post by Springwort
I doubt that's what it is, these are àdult-sized scooters which they ride at all times of day! As if it's a new trend.

If you're talking about adult scooters, that started up again a few years back, sounds like these folks are just catching up. Cost a fortune for what they are, although I suppose much like skateboards. Viva la hipsta
Reply 4
Original post by Tubbz
If you're talking about adult scooters, that started up again a few years back, sounds like these folks are just catching up. Cost a fortune for what they are, although I suppose much like skateboards. Viva la hipsta

That's interesting, I wonder how it started. Still, the people I see riding them aren't hipsters, just random women.
Reply 5
Original post by Springwort
That's interesting, I wonder how it started. Still, the people I see riding them aren't hipsters, just random women.

It's been going on for years, there's shops all over the place that sell custom scooters, that used to be purely skateboards, guessing theses places have had to expand to compete with the internet.
Reply 6
Original post by Tubbz
It's been going on for years, there's shops all over the place that sell custom scooters, that used to be purely skateboards, guessing theses places have had to expand to compete with the internet.

Awesome. I want one and christmas is coming up (and I don't have enough money) so... * cough cough *
I've seen males riding scooters as well

Quick Reply

Latest