The Student Room Group

corporate finance grad programme

given that deutsche have closed applications for AB, im thinking of applying for a grad scheme in CR instead. not exactly an on-the-fly decision as CR has always been a solid backup in my mind.

on the application site, they call for applicants to possess "strong quantitative analytical and numeric skills". of course they will give an online test to ascertain this for themselves, but im just wondering to what level your skills should be to even apply? ive not done much maths (aside from econometrics, accounting and CR) in my course, certainly no 'pure' maths. i do have a 33/36 in my ACTs, will that be enough or are they only expecting applicants who have university-standard maths? this is for CR in general, not just the deutsche application.

thanks again.
as an incoming corporate finance/M&A grad analyst myself, if you can count/add/subtract/multiply/ and if you're really stretching the quantitative ability, divide.. you should be fine.

relax, we aren't quants and the maths we use isn't hard.
Reply 2
Original post by gr8wizard10
as an incoming corporate finance/M&A grad analyst myself, if you can count/add/subtract/multiply/ and if you're really stretching the quantitative ability, divide.. you should be fine.

relax, we aren't quants and the maths we use isn't hard.

congratulations! which company?

lol, i know. i take corporate finance as a compulsory module. everything from npv and capm to working out wacc and beta are all simple enough. simply plugging numbers into a formula, but i was just wondering whether or not banks/firms would randomly raise requirement levels beyond what is needed simply to help cut candidates.

if i may ask, given that my cover letter and cv are mainly written with AM in mind, is there anything i should include that would attract CR departments? i obviously have a deep interest in the field but lack experience applying for CR roles

all advice would be most welcome
Original post by TKSR123
congratulations! which company?

lol, i know. i take corporate finance as a compulsory module. everything from npv and capm to working out wacc and beta are all simple enough. simply plugging numbers into a formula, but i was just wondering whether or not banks/firms would randomly raise requirement levels beyond what is needed simply to help cut candidates.

if i may ask, given that my cover letter and cv are mainly written with AM in mind, is there anything i should include that would attract CR departments? i obviously have a deep interest in the field but lack experience applying for CR roles

all advice would be most welcome

check out mergers and inquisitions website on application guidelines
Reply 4
Original post by gr8wizard10
check out mergers and inquisitions website on application guidelines

quite familiar with that website, thanks will do

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending