The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by savonarollla
lol, i have a hard time believing there are straight guys saying that they are gay on an employment form xD

Well if u say u r gay, I have heard u have to prove that during assessment centre .
Markets grad offer at a BB!!! :happy2::happy2::happy2:

I've enjoyed following the thread but now it's time to relax. Good luck all with your apps :smile:
Original post by The_Potato
Markets grad offer at a BB!!! :happy2::happy2::happy2:

I've enjoyed following the thread but now it's time to relax. Good luck all with your apps :smile:

congrats man, well done
How do I withdraw my JP Morgan application? They said I could do it online but I can't see where.
Original post by A12R34
How do I withdraw my JP Morgan application? They said I could do it online but I can't see where.

out of curiosity, why you wanna do that?

Edit: There was a button to withdraw in review application section previously, but that button has disappeared now in my application as well.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by torres657
congrats man, well done

Congrats buddy,
Could I ask who was it with and how long did the process take for you?
Thanks
Original post by Orphan123
Well if u say u r gay, I have heard u have to prove that during assessment centre .

Being gay or straight has nothing to do with your application being successful as they don't review that part of the form.
Original post by giggy12s
Being gay or straight has nothing to do with your application being successful as they don't review that part of the form.

if you put that you are gay, your application will be screened by gay analysts/associates which would potentially increase your chances of landing an interview, lool
Is there any HSBC IB assesment centre coming up? I just got an email that I have passed the interview and that they are considering me for the AC
Original post by torres657
if you put that you are gay, your application will be screened by gay analysts/associates which would potentially increase your chances of landing an interview, lool

This made my day looool
Original post by gsbs2
How long after the second round for MS IBD have ppl heard back? Thanks!

had mine friday and heard back monday
Reply 4812
Do you guys think that I should email those companies that are taking ages to reply (which I haven't heard from for 2+ months) to at least see where they're at in terms of reviewing apps or should I just be patient and wait?
Original post by Acqua
Do you guys think that I should email those companies that are taking ages to reply (which I haven't heard from for 2+ months) to at least see where they're at in terms of reviewing apps or should I just be patient and wait?

In typical HR style, they won't give you a clear answer if you ask them this. They'll say something like:

"Dear X,

We would like to thank you for your patience. You'll understand that we take great care over reviewing each and every applicant in depth and that this, in some cases, can take a long time to process. When we have made a decision on your application, we will be in touch. Thank you for your interest in [Bank Y]."
Reply 4814
Original post by gsbs2
it won't make any difference unless you have a solid offer somewhere and you can leverage it

Original post by Commercial Paper
In typical HR style, they won't give you a clear answer if you ask them this. They'll say something like:

"Dear X,

We would like to thank you for your patience. You'll understand that we take great care over reviewing each and every applicant in depth and that this, in some cases, can take a long time to process. When we have made a decision on your application, we will be in touch. Thank you for your interest in [Bank Y]."

Yeah I thought that'd be the case *sigh*. Tbh I've given up hope on them so I'm ready for those rejection emails, fun times. Thanks for your advice.
Has anyone heard back from BAML, JP or GS for IBD?
I been progressing through the interview stages for each of the banks listed, with the exception of GS who I have not heard back from yet.
Reply 4817
Original post by Breakingbank
had mine friday and heard back monday

So you have an AC coming up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rejection post AC is too painful :frown:
Original post by TheParham
Rejection post AC is too painful :frown:

sorry to hear that mate, keep it up, you will eventually get the one

which bank was it?

Quick Reply

Latest