The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Little Popcorns
:frown: :hugs: hope you didn't fail! You really need extra support!

So far this week, I've called up, and left messages, twice for the woman who's meant to be writing the accommodations letter for me. She never calls me back and although I have a psychiatrist appointment on next Tuesday, I'll probably have to go there before then and talk to her face to face again; if she's there, which she wasn't last time. This is just getting ridiculous, it's almost finals time.

I may have to go to the psychiatrist a 40 minute - each way - drive away. I don't like this place at all. After sectioning me the first time they saw me, then that doctor retiring (not that I would agree to see her again anyway), then this and the fact that you can only make appointments a week in advance, it's ridiculous. When I lived in the Midwest the services were much better. It's just not cared about in the South, especially in tiny towns in Nowheresville.

:frown: Sorry, bit of a rant there. I'm just so fed up. Failing uni and the voices and thoughts being so loud and frequent. I was just in the bath and started crying because I'm so scared of failing this exam on Friday morning - I got 45% last time, I need at least a 75% to get into the C bracket and hence be able to proceed. But I just don't see that happening. Perhaps I could skip taking my meds Thursday night? I don't know. I know my spouse would never agree to that but maybe? I don't know.

Sorry, another rant :colondollar: I'm going to stop now. Really. :colondollar:

How're you?
I've barely slept and I have a big day at work today. ****.
That moment when you start to finally forget stuff in real life but then it turns into all you can bloody dream about :facepalm: :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
God I feel ****ing horrible.
Original post by Sabertooth
So far this week, I've called up, and left messages, twice for the woman who's meant to be writing the accommodations letter for me. She never calls me back and although I have a psychiatrist appointment on next Tuesday, I'll probably have to go there before then and talk to her face to face again; if she's there, which she wasn't last time. This is just getting ridiculous, it's almost finals time.

I may have to go to the psychiatrist a 40 minute - each way - drive away. I don't like this place at all. After sectioning me the first time they saw me, then that doctor retiring (not that I would agree to see her again anyway), then this and the fact that you can only make appointments a week in advance, it's ridiculous. When I lived in the Midwest the services were much better. It's just not cared about in the South, especially in tiny towns in Nowheresville.

:frown: Sorry, bit of a rant there. I'm just so fed up. Failing uni and the voices and thoughts being so loud and frequent. I was just in the bath and started crying because I'm so scared of failing this exam on Friday morning - I got 45% last time, I need at least a 75% to get into the C bracket and hence be able to proceed. But I just don't see that happening. Perhaps I could skip taking my meds Thursday night? I don't know. I know my spouse would never agree to that but maybe? I don't know.

Sorry, another rant :colondollar: I'm going to stop now. Really. :colondollar:

How're you?
deary me :facepalm: sorry to hear everythings a bit messy like that. You just need to be pushy like you've said get the time you deserve turn up again until you can get a hold of her.

What about counselling or anything at uni?

Alright just the usual stuff with me ...
Think I've blown it with therapist :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Airmed
God I feel ****ing horrible.
:console: I feel your pain have a really nasty headache today myself :frown:

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

Posted from TSR Mobile
:frown: what happened?

:frown: what happened?

She said if I keep getting triggered by the sessions, we'll have to stop, for everyone's safety :bawling: I'm so stupid :cry:

Sorry to read that you have a headache x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Conference on Mental Health being run by young people (including myself) on this weekend in West London. Details here-

https://www.rethink.org/news-views/2016/9/young-peoples-mental-health-conference

Jonny Benjamin and Hussain Manawer are gonna be there!

Even if you are over 25 or don't live in West London, don't worry, if you can make it - we will be happy to have you!
(edited 7 years ago)
She said if I keep getting triggered by the sessions, we'll have to stop, for everyone's safety :bawling: I'm so stupid :cry:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're not stupid, therapy is really tough even with robust distress management and not having dissociative symptoms. If the pace needs slowing, it needs slowing. Nobody's fault.
Meeting up with my old friend today went really well :yep: honestly didn't feel like it was 3 years since I last saw her.

I think it done me good today to get out for a little while with someone else other than my mum or partner, not meaning that in a bad way or anything, I just feel like sometimes I rely on them a bit too much or use them as a crutch.
Saw CCO who swiftly called in psychiatrist who said she was going to call a mental health act assessment as I told them that the governemnt were putting thoughts in my head (bad things, won't act on them). But compromised and now have to stay at mum's who thinks my schizophrenia is caused by me getting vaccines in one go when I was 18 against her wishes. Better than hospital.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs:
Yeah Tara's right therapy is hard work, I'm sure you won't have ruined things and maybe changing the pace is what's needed? Maybe she should be addressing the reasons behind you getting triggered and deal with them/discuss them.

Thanks it's subsided a little
deary me :facepalm: sorry to hear everythings a bit messy like that. You just need to be pushy like you've said get the time you deserve turn up again until you can get a hold of her.

What about counselling or anything at uni?

Alright just the usual stuff with me ...

I saw a counselor for 3 sessions and she told me she was a bit out of her depth but referred me to a psychiatrist who has a very small-scale private therapy practice and he agreed to see me. I was meant to call him to set up an appointment but haven't this week because of my exams so will do next week.

I get a lot of headaches and what I've found helps is paracetamol, aspirin, and caffeine combined tablets (even though I'm technically not meant to take aspirin :colondollar:), it seems to work a lot better than paracetamol on its own. I just have Walmart own brand, but I think Superdrug or Boots would probably have it if you wanted to give it a try. Although if you're getting headaches daily there is other stuff you could do.
Original post by Sabertooth
I saw a counselor for 3 sessions and she told me she was a bit out of her depth but referred me to a psychiatrist who has a very small-scale private therapy practice and he agreed to see me. I was meant to call him to set up an appointment but haven't this week because of my exams so will do next week.

I get a lot of headaches and what I've found helps is paracetamol, aspirin, and caffeine combined tablets (even though I'm technically not meant to take aspirin :colondollar:), it seems to work a lot better than paracetamol on its own. I just have Walmart own brand, but I think Superdrug or Boots would probably have it if you wanted to give it a try. Although if you're getting headaches daily there is other stuff you could do.
That's quite good then make sure you don't put off calling for too long though :smile:

Thanks for the advice will bare it in mind :h:
Need a double appointment with the doctor to talk about meds and all the issues I've been having recently and it's not looking like I'll have one for a good couple of weeks at least. Not sure how much longer I can wait, but it doesn't warrant an emergency either
(edited 7 years ago)
Been put on beta blockers, been taken off queitapine and have had my trazodone increased.

Kinda annoyed too about my appointment today with the CPN. Turns out that psychiatry want to try and increase my meds to get me to a 'therapeutic level' so that they can put me forward for therapy and most likely group therapy. Yeah...thanks for telling me a year late. I told the CPN that I would point blank refuse group therapy and she answered with 'all 11 of the people in my therapy group right now all said the same- "I don't like people, I avoid people".'

Good for them, lady, but honestly, I have been ****ed around so much by the NHS that I refuse to potentially waste their time anymore.

And I know this sounds ungrateful, I know, but I know that group therapy is not for me. I can't open up in front of strangers, I barely opened up to the CPN today. I miss my usual CPN, because he understands me now and I know (and it was my SO who said this first) that my usual CPN would not put me forward for group therapy because he knows how unsociable and how my trust and openness is shot to pieces.

edit: there was even more that happened, but even writing about this has put me in a serious bad mood.
(edited 7 years ago)

Hope you feel better now :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:jumphug: These things take time. But we're all here for you.

Original post by Spock's Socks
Meeting up with my old friend today went really well :yep: honestly didn't feel like it was 3 years since I last saw her.

I think it done me good today to get out for a little while with someone else other than my mum or partner, not meaning that in a bad way or anything, I just feel like sometimes I rely on them a bit too much or use them as a crutch.

:woo: So glad this went well for you!
Original post by bullettheory
Conference on Mental Health being run by young people (including myself) on this weekend in West London. Details here-

https://www.rethink.org/news-views/2016/9/young-peoples-mental-health-conference

Jonny Benjamin and Hussain Manawer are gonna be there!

Even if you are over 25 or don't live in West London, don't worry, if you can make it - we will be happy to have you!

Argh, I'm volunteering on Sat and can't get out of it :facepalm: Hope it goes really well though :h:

Original post by ~Tara~
You're not stupid, therapy is really tough even with robust distress management and not having dissociative symptoms. If the pace needs slowing, it needs slowing. Nobody's fault.

Idk, the other TLGs are seriously mad at me for stuffing up :cry:

Original post by Spock's Socks

Well done hun :hugs:

:hugs:
Yeah Tara's right therapy is hard work, I'm sure you won't have ruined things and maybe changing the pace is what's needed? Maybe she should be addressing the reasons behind you getting triggered and deal with them/discuss them.

Thanks it's subsided a little

Glad it's subsided a bit. She's not suggesting changing pace - she's suggesting stopping altogether. Changing pace would be less drastic and upsetting for me :frown:
Test tomorrow, Been studying my butt off for the past 3 weeks. Still sure I'm going to fail. :cry2: When I told my wife how much I'm struggling, she suggested that she talk to one of her colleagues who is quite a big guy socially in this town and she said he might be able to get me a semi-decent job. So I guess if I do fail at least there's that backup plan. I can't take a class 4 times. :frown:

Original post by Noodlzzz
Saw CCO who swiftly called in psychiatrist who said she was going to call a mental health act assessment as I told them that the governemnt were putting thoughts in my head (bad things, won't act on them). But compromised and now have to stay at mum's who thinks my schizophrenia is caused by me getting vaccines in one go when I was 18 against her wishes. Better than hospital.

:hugs: I hope staying with your mum isn't too bad, though after having so much freedom I think for a lot of people it's not a nice experience having to go back there. And yeah, mentioning governments putting thoughts in your head does make people worry - I'm in the same situation, I keep getting these foreign thoughts. Though when I told my last psychiatrist about them and about the fact she was clearly working for the government I got sectioned. I don't know how these people expect people to be honest with them if their first thought is always sectioning. :frown: But glad to hear you avoided hospital at least. :smile: