The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lúcio
Honestly people are underestimating Newcastle - they're certainly better than a lot of Premier League sides at the moment.

The hope is that Hull beat them and we draw them in the semis. Then we thrash United in the final :biggrin:

Newcastle's second team is better than half the sides in the Premier League. It's farcical how that team got relegated last season.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
Newcastle's second team is better than half the sides in the Premier League. It's farcical how that team got relegated last season.

Posted from TSR Mobile

With Rafa managing them too, they're actually one of the tougher draws you could get.

They'll get promoted with room to spare and I reckon they'll have a decent return to the PL too.
Klopp, Guardiola, Mourinho, Conte and Rafa all managing in the same league :coma:

Oh, and Wenger.
Original post by sr90

Posted from TSR Mobile

Rafa may have finally picked a good job to go to. Did well at Valencia and Liverpool.

Bad moves to Inter Milan, Chelsea and Real Madrid whereas Napoli didn't work out exactly how he wanted.

Newcastle will come up easily. He'll fix the squad and I'd fancy them to finish 10-16th the following season and 7-13th the year after..
Reply 9884
Original post by sr90

Posted from TSR Mobile

Steve McLaren
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Steve McLaren

The fact he was even given the job after he couldn't get a Derby side who spent a fortune into the play offs is laughable. Let's not forget they paid more for Bradley Johnson than Leicester paid for N'Golo Kante.

Original post by Zerforax
Rafa may have finally picked a good job to go to. Did well at Valencia and Liverpool.

Bad moves to Inter Milan, Chelsea and Real Madrid whereas Napoli didn't work out exactly how he wanted.

Newcastle will come up easily. He'll fix the squad and I'd fancy them to finish 10-16th the following season and 7-13th the year after..

I've got a bet on them getting more than 106pts. They'll be promoted by March.
Liverpool are serious Premier League title contenders this season, according to Sir Alex Ferguson.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37792642

Master of mind games getting involved? He must be really worried for Man Utd..
Liverpool are serious Premier League title contenders this season, according to Sir Alex Ferguson.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37792642

Master of mind games getting involved? He must be really worried for Man Utd..

He knows how we crumbled last one around so heaping on the pressure early is the only thing he can think to do.

Klopp doesn't bother with mind games or anything though which is refreshing.
Original post by Lúcio
He knows how we crumbled last one around so heaping on the pressure early is the only thing he can think to do.

Klopp doesn't bother with mind games or anything though which is refreshing.

Equally - if we end up doing average he'll come across as an old fool.
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
Equally - if we end up doing average he'll come across as an old fool.

I don't think enough people would notice/care though because we aren't expected to win the league.

The jealousy from other clubs is immense though - we've only lost 1 game all season to Burnley (who have been exceptional against big clubs) and people are still talking about it. As soon as we slip up, people are all over it and it's hilarious.
They play up our supposed defensive frailties even though we've conceded less PL goals than United and only 6 in our last 7 PL games.
And the German seems happy with the praise given to his side from former Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson who described them on Thursday as serious title challengers.

"Is it allowed for me to say I like Alex Ferguson?," said Klopp. "I met him before I was Liverpool manager. Nice for him to say something positive."

#banter
Karius, Clyne, Lovren, Matip, Moreno, Henderson, Can, Lallana, Mane, Coutinho, Firmino

Subs:Mignolet, Randall, Lucas, Klavan, Wijnaldum, Origi, Sturridge.
Klopp 5 minutes after starting Moreno:

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1477755103.640610.jpg
Okay so we just have to beat Palace by 4 goals to go top.

Lol...

EDIT: 5 goals 😂
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mr tim
Karius, Clyne, Lovren, Matip, Moreno, Henderson, Can, Lallana, Mane, Coutinho, Firmino

Subs:Mignolet, Randall, Lucas, Klavan, Wijnaldum, Origi, Sturridge.

Will be interesting with Moreno and Can on the pitch. Not sure we'll be as fluent. But we just need the 3 points in whatever fashion.
Will be interesting with Moreno and Can on the pitch. Not sure we'll be as fluent. But we just need the 3 points in whatever fashion.

Spurs and United both drew, and Chelsea have a tough game against Soton.

We really don't wanna be drop points, but the worst we can be is 5th - 3 points off the top - at the end of the weekend.
I put a bet on Benteke to score a header and Palace to lose.

Does that count as optimistic? :tongue:
Original post by Lúcio
I put a bet on Benteke to score a header and Palace to lose.

Does that count as optimistic? :tongue:

It's what I expected..
Can 1-0!
1-0 Can

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant.

Lovely ball over the top from Coutinho, perfect one-touch pullback from Moreno, and Can made the run to finish it off.
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest