The Student Room Group

Trump has won presidental election - he has the secert army

Polls guess by 100% turnout, on brexit anything under +7% on yougov means leave and I thought leave was going to win and did, no one else believed -cough- here -cough-

Trump has the " secert " army, anything below +9% (+ = Clinton // - = Trump) if the state is male-dominated and +5% if 55-70% white if -4% and black is almost even as whites than Clinton wins.

Based on it I think this...
trumphaswon.PNG

It maybe a bad thing for LGBT (I'm G) but overall I think he'll improve American, I also doubt he'll discriminate LGBT that far, look up LGBT Trump, he supported before Hillary and comes from New York... its stupid Vice President Pence pressure. I'm sure they'll get a balanced idea on LGBT (marriage will be scrapped but civil unions unlikely) they might also have a peek of minus growth same with UK, but our's will be greater... not by much though.

Better growth in long run especially because Clinton wants a EU for American region, imagine how many poor country citizens going to USA with their house prices skyrocketting and wages stalling.

Scroll to see replies

Not true.
Original post by ckfeister
I also doubt he'll discriminate LGBT that far

marriage will be scrapped

Wat
Reply 4
Marriage is religious, I'm gay and I think marriage and civil unions should be EQUAL, don't discriminate from religion be FAIR.
Marriage is religious

Even if that were the case, so what?
WUT. Are you kidding me?
Reply 7
Keep religion away from progress, let it evolve with it not force.

No.. Clinton fears he won too in her eyes, it'll haunt her for life it is does happen.

The implementation of same sex marriage in the USA does not require a religious component, same sex couples can have entirely secular ceremonies whilst finally receiving equal recognition to mixed sex marriages in both a legal and social sense.
Reply 9
Well marriage word comes from religion, civil union is independent.

No.. Clinton fears he won too in her eyes, it'll haunt her for life it is does happen.

Election day isnt until november the 8th, don't be so sure until the results are actually in
Well marriage word comes from religion, civil union is independent.

It may have religious origins, but it is a legal institution and cannot be withheld from one group of citizens on religious grounds. Besides, that's a wormhole you don't want to go down. Should atheists not be allowed to marry? The Mayans were performing marriage ceremonies thousands of years before the dawn of the abrahamic religions, so should we revoke the rights of Christians and Muslims now? What if gay people belong to a religion that (quite rightly) doesn't have a problem with same sex marriage? Should divorce also be outlawed by Trump when he throws gay marriage out the window?
Reply 12
Well this is just my personal opinion.
Well this is just my personal opinion.

With all due respect, if you think Trump revoking a right that the LGBT community have been campaigning for over the course of decades could be considered not discriminating "that far", and that marriage should be a right exclusive to the the religious simply because it's typically seen as a religious tradition here in the west, and don't realise that such repeals and restrictions come into major conflict with the US constistution, your opinion is being formed from a pretty simplistic viewpoint.
Reply 14
There nothing wrong with civil unions.
Polls guess by 100% turnout, on brexit anything under +7% on yougov means leave and I thought leave was going to win and did, no one else believed -cough- here -cough-

Trump has the " secert " army, anything below +9% (+ = Clinton // - = Trump) if the state is male-dominated and +5% if 55-70% white if -4% and black is almost even as whites than Clinton wins.

Based on it I think this...
trumphaswon.PNG

It maybe a bad thing for LGBT (I'm G) but overall I think he'll improve American, I also doubt he'll discriminate LGBT that far, look up LGBT Trump, he supported before Hillary and comes from New York... its stupid Vice President Pence pressure. I'm sure they'll get a balanced idea on LGBT (marriage will be scrapped but civil unions unlikely) they might also have a peek of minus growth same with UK, but our's will be greater... not by much though.

Better growth in long run especially because Clinton wants a EU for American region, imagine how many poor country citizens going to USA with their house prices skyrocketting and wages stalling.

wow, but it can still go either way now of course!??
Reply 16
Original post by john2054
wow, but it can still go either way now of course!??

Yes but unlikely...

Except in the US there were distinct legal advantages to marriage compared to civil unions in a large number of areas, for example laws regarding inheritance, immigration, paternity/maternity leave, shared healthcare, and the right to time off work to care for a family member, could often be exploited because of the distinction between the specified term of marriage and the entirely separate status of civil unions. You may of course argue that these laws should simply be amended to encompass civil unions, but that is both a bureaucratic nightmare and completely redundant when exactly the same outcome has been far more easily achieved by simply extending the definition of marriage to encompass same sex partners.

Again, you seem to have an oversimplistic view that marriage is just an act of two people letting the government know they had a party in fancy outfits and then getting on with their lives. It's not, it's also a legal status deeply embedded in law that is vital to recognising the rights of two people relative to each other.
(edited 7 years ago)

You are gay, correct? Why do you support the election of someone who will reduce rights of the LGBT community? I don't understand your logic, it would be like women supporting the election of a conservatively Islamic president.
I'm a bit confused with all this "Trump is a homophobe, racist" etc...
When did he say he was going to reduce the rights of the LGBT community? Please give me reliable info.
I just want a firm grasp of this election. There's too much bias thus far.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending