The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Stream 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 700
Original post by Caravan_Palace
No, it's one video interview. I assume that the interview only really becomes specified in the AC and final selection (unless you're applying to the generalist and another scheme I cant remember the name of).

And yes, it's any of the official languages of the EU. If you're fluent, then you can prove it and wouldn't need the A Levels.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much! :smile:
Just done the e-tray, was just as difficult as last year's one, which I passed, hope I've passed this one too! I had to rush the last 10 questions or so as only had 10 minutes left :frown:
Original post by Kneale
Just done the e-tray, was just as difficult as last year's one, which I passed, hope I've passed this one too! I had to rush the last 10 questions or so as only had 10 minutes left :frown:

I found this was so hard! My first time applying although I did an e-tray for KPMG assessment centre and it was nowhere near as hard as this one!
Just gave the E-tray and it was very difficult cause there was too much information to go through I only managed to answer 18 questions :frown: so I definitely failed :frown:
Original post by JustCharley
I found this was so hard! My first time applying although I did an e-tray for KPMG assessment centre and it was nowhere near as hard as this one!

There is so much information in the e-tray, but it's good preparation for the exercises in the FSAC if you get through because you're bombarded with so much information for each exercise there!
Original post by Kay Bee12
Just gave the E-tray and it was very difficult cause there was information to go through I only managed to answer 18 questions :frown: so I definitely failed :frown:

Not necessarily if you got the majority of them spot on could have easily got the same score as someone who did all of them but perhaps rushed a few. You just don't know.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just gave the E-tray and it was very difficult cause there was too much information to go through I only managed to answer 18 questions :frown: so I definitely failed :frown:

Don't give up all hope, when I wondered this after i only answered 21 someone replied saying they only answered 16 last year and got through :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

I got through last year with 16 answers, so I wouldn't worry too much!
Thanks for the reassurance guys :smile: xx
After completing the Situational Judgment Test, are your results calculated automatically by the system? Or are they reviewed by a person and you receive an email telling you whether you've passed or failed?
Original post by Roshniroxy
After completing the Situational Judgment Test, are your results calculated automatically by the system? Or are they reviewed by a person and you receive an email telling you whether you've passed or failed?

I assume they've already set a pass mark for the SJT so I guess it's automatically calculated; since people who have completed their tests recently get told pretty much immediately. They're still setting out the marks for the E-Tray, so I assume that's being done by person for now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Caravan_Palace
I assume they've already set a pass mark for the SJT so I guess it's automatically calculated; since people who have completed their tests recently get told pretty much immediately. They're still setting out the marks for the E-Tray, so I assume that's being done by person for now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks!

If you fail the SJT would you also get an email?
Original post by Roshniroxy
Thanks!

If you fail the SJT would you also get an email?

I assume you'd be told, but I met a person from my uni who applied last year who got "rejection by silence". I hope this still isn't a policy since waiting for months with no news is my defintion of hell. If you don't hear back in a week, I think it'd be best to email them.
Did anybody else get that email called 'Meet the fast streamers' that had tips for the assessment centre?

I saw it in my inbox yesterday and got really excited because I saw something from the Civil Service and saw something about the assessment centre.

Why are they sending out emails about the assessment centre when we're not even passed the E-tray yet (and might not pass either)?
Original post by Historicity
Did anybody else get that email called 'Meet the fast streamers' that had tips for the assessment centre?

I saw it in my inbox yesterday and got really excited because I saw something from the Civil Service and saw something about the assessment centre.

Why are they sending out emails about the assessment centre when we're not even passed the E-tray yet (and might not pass either)?

Haha yeah I saw that and had the same train of thought. They could have done with sending that when the results are out.
Just did my etray. It was brutal. Missed a couple of questions out, and there were some where I just couldn't decided what was the best answer :/ found it much harder than last years, but maybe I've just forgotten how bad I found last years :P not expecting much from this, definitely don't think it went well :frown:
Yup, definitely failed that..lol
Original post by Squash_farmer
Just did my etray. It was brutal. Missed a couple of questions out, and there were some where I just couldn't decided what was the best answer :/ found it much harder than last years, but maybe I've just forgotten how bad I found last years :P not expecting much from this, definitely don't think it went well :frown:

I'm hoping that what they'll do is consider overall how well people performed and then figure out a pass rate based on the average scores. So if we all find it difficult then they won't fail all of us!
Original post by JustCharley
I'm hoping that what they'll do is consider overall how well people performed and then figure out a pass rate based on the average scores. So if we all find it difficult then they won't fail all of us!

I hope so too, most people found it pretty challenging including myself
Just received another e-mail from the Fast Stream Team. Apparently I will have an update on where the FastStream team are up to with my eTray in the next couple of weeks. This is fine, but I am curious to see if any other disabled applicants are in a similar boat as, so far as I am aware, nobody else on this thread has found themselves in this situation? :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest