The Student Room Group

Gaming during a levels

Hi I am taking biology, chemistry and physics and currently I'm not sure if I should play games (League of Legends) from time to time e.g. weekends and half terms. Will I have time to do this?
Original post by Gian ilagan
Hi I am taking biology, chemistry and physics and currently I'm not sure if I should play games (League of Legends) from time to time e.g. weekends and half terms. Will I have time to do this?

If you haven't played League of Legends before... I would suggest not starting it because a lot of people get extremely addicted to it.
Reply 2

I guess so. LoL is a really time consuming game but as long as you can control yourself and time manage it should be fine.
Reply 3
Original post by wolfmoon88
If you haven't played League of Legends before... I would suggest not starting it because a lot of people get extremely addicted to it.

I have played lol for quite a while now
I have played lol for quite a while now

you'll probs be fine then
Do your homework the day it is set

"Will I have time to do things I enjoy in my free time?" jesus dude

It depends what kind of person you are and how disciplined you are.

Ideally you could get home, play games for 40 minutes to unwind and then do homework, have dinner/ shower, maybe do some more homework and then maybe game a bit before bed. The trick is to make sure that you allocate yourself a timetable for the evening and stick to it. I suggest playing as soon as you get home because I always find I am really unproductive when I get in so I need a break, but this only works if you stick to your break!

Good luck!

Alternatively don't game at all in evenings/ at weekends/ half term until you have done the work you wanted to do that day. This works really well for some people.
Reply 8
It's all about prioritising. Do this and you'll be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Yeh m8 its fine I was banging Runescape the days before my exams & it made me do better
dont you mean the night before?

Original post by solC
Yeh m8 its fine I was banging Runescape the days before my exams & it made me do better
Reply 11
Original post by zainyyyyy
dont you mean the night before?

Fun times
Original post by solC

Is that how you became a mathematician?

If you have free time that's perfectly fine just don't let it become an addiction.
Yes you should. Everyone needs a break from time and time so they don't crash and burn or become anti social because of the amount of studying they're trying to keep up with.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by Illimitable
Is that how you became a mathematician?

Yup:wink:
Original post by solC
Yup:wink:

I'm going to become an addict then!

Quick Reply

Latest