The Student Room Group

Trump has won presidental election - he has the secert army

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fusarium
I'm a bit confused with all this "Trump is a homophobe, racist" etc...
When did he say he was going to reduce the rights of the LGBT community? Please give me reliable info.
I just want a firm grasp of this election. There's too much bias thus far.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2016/09/23/donald-trump-pledges-to-sign-anti-lgbt-law-to-permit-religious-discrimination/

http://www.hrc.org/2016RepublicanFacts/donald-trump-opposes-nationwide-marriage-equality
Original post by Fusarium
I'm a bit confused with all this "Trump is a homophobe, racist" etc...
When did he say he was going to reduce the rights of the LGBT community? Please give me reliable info.
I just want a firm grasp of this election. There's too much bias thus far.

One of the issues is that we can't reliably anticipate what stance Trump would take if he were to make his way into office. He's made substantial changes to his positions in his transition from democrat-leaning public figure to conservative politician. However with appointments like Pence as his VP and Santorum on his Catholic Advisory council, he is surrounding himself with some of the most ardently religious major politicians in the Republican party. Santorum's anti-LGBT position is blatant and extensive, he had signed a pledge defying any legal changes to the definition of marriage a couple of months before Trump brought him onto his advisory council. Meanwhile Pence has signed bills allowing organisations to discriminate on the basis of their religious beliefs, and also signed into law one of the most restrictive abortion laws in modern American history, a bill quickly overturned by a federal court. Trump may not have been explicit on virtually any social issues over the course of the campaign, but he's been very clever in hinting which way he's going to lean with the people he's surrounding himself with.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 22
You got corrupt Clinton who will force a new EU in America and hike taxes (they are already high) and Trump who I wouldn't vote for.

I wouldn't pick the two as positive, but if I had to pick I'd go for Trump.
Original post by ckfeister
You got corrupt Clinton who will force a new EU in America

A union, of states, in America? I wonder what they would call that...
Original post by Fizzel
These threads are always popping up from Pro-Trump supporter or articles from Pro-Trump websites. There is literally nothing at this stage to suggest a Trump win is going to happen or that it is even likely to happen. The overwhelmingly more likely option is that Clinton will win this election fairly comfortably. Trump still has a chance and he's not dead and buried but if you were betting on him at this stage you should be expecting to lose your money. US polling in recent years has been far more accurate than UK polling, and these polls aren't as tight as Brexit. The undecided votes throw in some uncertainty but the biggest uncertainty is not in the states which are mostly likely to tip the election. Iowa for example is not a big prize even thought its is one of the more likely ones.

Stop right there. Don't be using reason or common sense . It will not go down well.
You see the sort of mentality people are asked to deal with. Theres a whole group of them, with some being even more astounding.
You got corrupt Clinton who will force a new EU in America and hike taxes (they are already high) and Trump who I wouldn't vote for.

I wouldn't pick the two as positive, but if I had to pick I'd go for Trump.

You are presumably British though so why do you care about that?

Also, what do you mean by 'force a new EU?'
Aren't the american states all already united?
Reply 27
All of America region, I'm also sure Americans don't want it.
Reply 28
Read above ^

I'm looking forward to the evidence you have for this proposed union.
Reply 30
Not heard about Clinton leaked emails a few days ago? Where Obama knew about them too as well, they talked to each other.
Not heard about Clinton leaked emails a few days ago? Where Obama knew about them too as well, they talked to each other.

Can you point me to a link to the email(s) where Clinton talks about "forcing a new EU on America"?

Nowhere in that article does it say anything about forcing a political union on Central and South America (or Canada). Her talking about a future aspiration for open trade and open borders is not remotely close to the assertion you're making in this thread.

The full quote, for transparency;

"My dream is a hemispheric common market, with open trade and open borders, some time in the future with energy that is as green and sustainable as we can get it, powering growth and opportunity for every person in the hemisphere."
Reply 34
There was somewhere I can't find anymore but it said " something like European Union "
There was somewhere I can't find anymore but it said " something like European Union "

Well isn't that convenient! You would think that a call to forcibly bring the other countries into a union of this magnitude would be widely publicised by pro-Trump media and easy to find again, wouldn't you?
(edited 7 years ago)

Can you explain exactly what it would entail and how it would be different from the current arrangement?
Hillary will win for sure...betting houses give 1 to 3 if trump wins :smile:
Polls guess by 100% turnout, on brexit anything under +7% on yougov means leave and I thought leave was going to win and did, no one else believed -cough- here -cough-

Trump has the " secert " army, anything below +9% (+ = Clinton // - = Trump) if the state is male-dominated and +5% if 55-70% white if -4% and black is almost even as whites than Clinton wins.

Based on it I think this...
trumphaswon.PNG

It maybe a bad thing for LGBT (I'm G) but overall I think he'll improve American, I also doubt he'll discriminate LGBT that far, look up LGBT Trump, he supported before Hillary and comes from New York... its stupid Vice President Pence pressure. I'm sure they'll get a balanced idea on LGBT (marriage will be scrapped but civil unions unlikely) they might also have a peek of minus growth same with UK, but our's will be greater... not by much though.

Better growth in long run especially because Clinton wants a EU for American region, imagine how many poor country citizens going to USA with their house prices skyrocketting and wages stalling.

So out of interest which of the bg states did you have Trump winning?
That would seem to be most of them?
Reply 39
Original post by 999tigger
So out of interest which of the bg states did you have Trump winning?
That would seem to be most of them?

Can't remember, just looked on polls and did.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending