The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Unconditional- Lancaster uni

Hi
Just wondering if any of you got Lancaster Unconditionals last year? If so, what were your GCSE and AS results and what were your predicted grades and what were the course entry requirements?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Also did they interview you?
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
I have an unconditional this year, if I choose Lancaster as my firm.
GCSE's: 3A*'s, 1 Distinction*, 5A's, 1 B and 1 C
AS: ABBC
Predicted grades: A*A*A
Course entry requirements were A*AA. They gave me a conditional of AAA, and then emailed about a week later with the unconditional offer. They didn't interview me.
Original post by JustARandomer123
Course entry requirements were A*AA. They gave me a conditional of AAA, and then emailed about a week later with the unconditional offer. They didn't interview me.

woooah congrats, you can basically not worry at all!
Original post by frankielogue
woooah congrats, you can basically not worry at all!

lmao, basically yeah :biggrin:
lmao, basically yeah :biggrin:

howw tho
howw tho

Do you mean how I got the offer?
Do you mean how I got the offer?

yh like how did you get an unconditional, what was ur personal statement like etc.
yh like how did you get an unconditional, what was ur personal statement like etc.

Ohh. Well, the requirements for the MSci course were A*AA, and I was predicted A*A*A. In my personal statement, I talked about why I was interested in the course, how I could benefit from it, articles that I had read, what I could do with the degree, activities I had taken part in etc. So for example, I did an 8 week apprenticeship that I talked about in my PS, I was accepted onto an Oxford Pathways programme, I competed in the next generation awards etc. I basically made the most out of the 4000 characters I had. My references from my teachers were pretty good too

With some unis you don't have to do anything to get an unconditional offer with the proviso that it is unconditional only if you pick them as your firm choice - it's a tool they use to secure students and fill their courses.
Ohh. Well, the requirements for the MSci course were A*AA, and I was predicted A*A*A. In my personal statement, I talked about why I was interested in the course, how I could benefit from it, articles that I had read, what I could do with the degree, activities I had taken part in etc. So for example, I did an 8 week apprenticeship that I talked about in my PS, I was accepted onto an Oxford Pathways programme, I competed in the next generation awards etc. I basically made the most out of the 4000 characters I had. My references from my teachers were pretty good too

still maaad. congrats
still maaad. congrats

Thank you :smile:
Reply 12
thank you so much for that and a huge well done!!!
Was Lancaster your first choice?
I'm applying to Lancaster (just waiting for myself school to send it off) and I'm thinking of firming it(hopefully maybe...!!)
I've just got an offer from Lancs to do management, they knocked it down a grade if I place it as my firm. So fingers crossed I might get a magical email....

What course if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by LordMorrissey
I've just got an offer from Lancs to do management, they knocked it down a grade if I place it as my firm. So fingers crossed I might get a magical email....

I literally just got home and found a letter from Lancaster uni - i really wasn't expecting it :tongue:.

I'm predicted AAA and Law at Lancaster requires AAA they are interviewing me in an applicant day for an unconditional offer. So you never know you might actually get one :smile:
Original post by BR26071999
I literally just got home and found a letter from Lancaster uni - i really wasn't expecting it :tongue:.

I'm predicted AAA and Law at Lancaster requires AAA they are interviewing me in an applicant day for an unconditional offer. So you never know you might actually get one :smile:

Congrats, on your UCAS Track what does it say?
Original post by LordMorrissey
Congrats, on your UCAS Track what does it say?

It's not congrats yet - I'm terrible in interviews :biggrin:. It still says conditional subject to achieving AAA at A-Level. :h:
Reply 18
Hi there! I've recieved an unconditional offer (if made firm choice). I didn't have an interview.

At GCSE I got 9 A*s and 3 As. At AS I got AAAB and the typical offer is AAB for my course.

Some courses don't do unconditional offers but most do - might be worth checking if not sure.

Best of luck! :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by DarkEnergy
What course if you don't mind me asking?

Natural Sciences

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending