The Student Room Group

Top 5 TV Series.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Illimitable
Never heard of any of them except Family Guy.

They are all good, trust me.
Trollied is a modern one- series 6 starts next month actually.
The others where on in the 90's/00's.
Reply 201
All right, I'll give it a try. :smile: you need to watch Scream Queens.

Ive watched a few episodes of that it was to grusome for my taste:no:
Original post by Emma:-)
They are all good, trust me.
Trollied is a modern one- series 6 starts next month actually.
The others where on in the 90's/00's.

Ohh they relatively old that's why I probably haven't heard much about them but I'll give them a try.
Original post by Sayfi
Ive watched a few episodes of that it was to grusome for my taste:no:

Really? The gruesome bit is actually funny. The way they all die.
Original post by yudothis
Became so much worse than first seasons.

Dexter agreed, but still good overall in my opinion. Homeland is getting better in my eyes :dontknow:
Reply 205
Really? The gruesome bit is actually funny. The way they all die.

lol
Haha! I've seen all of them except Narcos I've seen a few eps of that but it wasn't that interesting. Z-Nation is pretty good but it's underrated. :frown: Love your taste in shows!

Thanks mate. You should carry on watching Narcos, trust me it gets good and its very interesting. I admit at times its kinda boring at times but fascinating to watch..

Also I'd say other series such as anime are also very good, Naruto (1st series - About 210 episodes) and Naruto Shippuden (2nd series - Currently 481 episodes).
At around 225 the English Dub (Talk in English) stops. I really wanted to carry on watching but the rest of the episodes were in Japanese but subtitled in English, but I watched it anyway.. Its still really good and interesting, I'd never thought I'd watch an anime series in my life.. Its that good. If you go to youtube and search Naruto ep 1 and so on you can watch them in English Dub but when the English Dub stopped so I just carried on watching on gogoanime.io...
Sorry for the long paragraph just wanted to brief you. lol :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by King_
Thanks mate. You should carry on watching Narcos, trust me it gets good and its very interesting. I admit at times its kinda boring at times but fascinating to watch..

Also I'd say other series such as anime are also very good, Naruto (1st series - About 210 episodes) and Naruto Shippuden (2nd series - Currently 481 episodes).
At around 225 the English Dub (Talk in English) stops. I really wanted to carry on watching but the rest of the episodes were in Japanese but subtitled in English, but I watched it anyway.. Its still really good and interesting, I'd never thought I'd watch an anime series in my life.. Its that good. If you go to youtube and search Naruto ep 1 and so on you can watch them in English Dub but when the English Dub stopped so I just carried on watching on gogoanime.io...
Sorry for the long paragraph just wanted to brief you. lol :smile:

Thanks so much! :smile: I will check them out since you have such an impeccable taste in shows!
The Walking Dead
Steven Universe
Gravity Falls
Game Of Thrones
Agents Of Shield
Original post by Paranoid_Glitch
The Walking Dead
Steven Universe
Gravity Falls
Game Of Thrones
Agents Of Shield

I've seen Walking Dead and a little bit of Gravity Falls but I didn't really like that. Been told countless amount of times to watch GoT and I haven't heard of the rest.
Breaking Bad
Better Call Saul
Bates Motel
The Get Down
American Horror Story (there are some seasons I didn't enjoy though).
STRANGER THINGS!!!
Theres only 1 season, with 8 episodes and every episode is around 1hr long.
No spoilers, its actually amazing...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I didnt even say 5, oh well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Amefish
Breaking Bad
Better Call Saul
Bates Motel
The Get Down
American Horror Story (there are some seasons I didn't enjoy though).

Seen Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul haven't seen the rest but I'm planning on watching American Horror Story. Better Call Saul wasn't even that good it was kind of boring.
Original post by Vinni0001
STRANGER THINGS!!!
Theres only 1 season, with 8 episodes and every episode is around 1hr long.
No spoilers, its actually amazing...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, I'm going to check that out soon.
Seen Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul haven't seen the rest but I'm planning on watching American Horror Story. Better Call Saul wasn't even that good it was kind of boring.

I like Better Call Saul because it helps the character development of Saul, Mike and Tuco in particular. However I am a crazy fan of Breaking Bad, I'm on my 6th time of watching it now :tongue:
AHS is good but be prepared because the entire story changes on each season, and some of them will be more to your taste than others, inevitably.
I've seen Walking Dead and a little bit of Gravity Falls but I didn't really like that. Been told countless amount of times to watch GoT and I haven't heard of the rest.
If you really like Cartoons "Steven Universe" is a show you should definitely watch. "The Walking Dead" is amazing, most people i know say that they would never watch show but end up watching it and regret hearing of any spoilers, it's a highly acclaimed TV show for a reason and the same goes for "Game Of Thrones" you should really watch it. But with that said i also find that having high expectations can ruin a TV show, so i would say set them low. Agents of Shield is a pretty mediocre TV show IMO but still has moments that make the show worth watching, overall i wouldn't necessarily recommend it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Amefish
I like Better Call Saul because it helps the character development of Saul, Mike and Tuco in particular. However I am a crazy fan of Breaking Bad, I'm on my 6th time of watching it now :tongue:
AHS is good but be prepared because the entire story changes on each season, and some of them will be more to your taste than others, inevitably.

Oh, thanks for the heads up! That is one of the reasons why I do kind of like Better Call Saul I'm hoping to love it like Breaking Bad when the new season comes out because a lot of people think it's going to be much better when the new season come out. :smile: I also love Breaking Bad!!
Original post by Paranoid_Glitch
If you really like Cartoons "Steven Universe" is a show you should definitely watch. "The Walking Dead" is amazing, most people i know say that they would never watch show but end up watching it and regret hearing of any spoilers, it's a highly acclaimed TV show for a reason and the same goes for "Game Of Thrones" you should really watch it. But with that said i also find that having high expectations can ruin a TV show, so i would say set them low. Agents of Shield is a pretty mediocre TV show IMO but still has moments that make the show worth watching, overall i wouldn't necessarily recommend it.

Ah I see. I think you should watch shows like Prison Break, Arrow, The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow a lot of people say that they don't like fake shows e.g. Superheroes and I was one of them but when I watched these DC shows I was instantly hooked. I had high expectations from Prison Break after S1 and half of S2 but it does kind of drag on with the certain situation but despite that it was pretty good! :smile:
Thanks so much! :smile: I will check them out since you have such an impeccable taste in shows!

Thanks. For Naruto watch at least over 10 episodes in one go as you'll immediately get drawn to it:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest