The Student Room Group

Planning for IB/finance while at college

not needed
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Do extracurricular activities like sports, volunteering, music etc...
Try and get into leadership positions like prefect, head boy, student council
Apply for insight days
Network with bankers on LinkedIn
Experience, experience and experience.
As mentioned above insight days/insight weeks, then spring internships, then summer internships, then graduate schemes etc. Work your way up now as soon as possible.
Reply 3
Well the only thing there really is at stage is year 13 insight days, get on to those and you'll be sent links for tests to the springweeks and go from there.
Original post by Eyjaokull
Would I need to go through college or another group to get on the insight days? Or just scan IB's websites regularly for openings?

https://investineducation.co.uk/collections/events/products/the-young-investment-banker-programme
Reply 5
Would I need to go through college or another group to get on the insight days? Or just scan IB's websites regularly for openings?

Just scan IB websites regularly for openings.
What's wrong with it?

Too much money for something that isn't really that valuable an experience

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Too much money for something that isn't really that valuable an experience

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd echo this, unless you're rolling in cash and your dad was the sole advisor of the AT&T merger, Google is the answer to all life's problems
Original post by gr8wizard10
I'd echo this, unless you're rolling in cash and your dad was the sole advisor of the AT&T merger, Google is the answer to all life's problems

Feel that this is something you would just put in your CV for good measure and hope that it impresses the graduate recruitment.
Original post by seismic cat
Feel that this is something you would just put in your CV for good measure and hope that it impresses the graduate recruitment.

Insight days that are actually competitive serve that purpose - with the bonus point that the bank reimburses you not you having to pay.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending