The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IMZL
That HSBC integrity question tho

Original post by Jker
I've done the whole application for HSBC, but seem to be missing this inside joke :/

Could anyone explain? :smile:

EDIT* Never mind, just remembered it. Was a pretty annoying one to say the least!

what was it?
Reply 1361
Original post by gr8wizard10
what was it?

One of our values at HSBC is "courageous integrity" which is about doing the right thing.Please describe a situation when you have challenged a decision or an action you felt was wrong. Please consider the following questions in your response:

What was the situation?

Why did you challenge the person?

What challenges did you face in doing this?

What approach did you take and why did you choose this approach?

How did they react to your challenge?

What was the direct result of your involvement?

What did you learn from this experience?

Reply 1362
How long will my Morgan Stanley rejection take guys?
If you don't dont pass the two HSBC tests, they won't look at your questions at all.
Original post by economicss
Is this the link for it https://careers.bpglobal.com/TGWEbHost/jobdetails.aspx?partnerid=25078&siteid=5113&AReq=75039BR or is the spring week a different programme to this? Thank you :smile:

Honestly, I am not sure. However, last year it opened in January.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BusMan21
If you don't dont pass the two HSBC tests, they won't look at your questions at all.

After submitting the online application form for HSBC, how long do you have to wait before being invited to sit the online tests?
Original post by IMZL
One of our values at HSBC is "courageous integrity" which is about doing the right thing.Please describe a situation when you have challenged a decision or an action you felt was wrong. Please consider the following questions in your response:

What was the situation?

Why did you challenge the person?

What challenges did you face in doing this?

What approach did you take and why did you choose this approach?

How did they react to your challenge?

What was the direct result of your involvement?

What did you learn from this experience?

How would you answer if you feel as though you have never been in such a situation. I guess thats why its challenging.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The Clockwork Apple
How are apps going man?

Crap tbh, haven't had time at all to do these application questions and cover letters. Hopefully I can get them done in the coming weeks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gladiatorsword
How would you answer if you feel as though you have never been in such a situation. I guess thats why its challenging.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Make it up but in a reasonable way

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gladiatorsword

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tbh you can always make up a scenario, or narrate a scenario in such a way that it answers the question. As long as you can talk about it in the interview.

Loads of my mates who got HSBC SWs admitted that they made up or heavily exaggerated most of the answers for the questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
They earn £50k base + a bonus
I've heard that it's £25-30k, sometimes more, sometimes less. For a first year analyst.
Most banks have truncated first year to the first six months, so you get a pro rata bonus of £12-16k for those first few months + ofc your base. All-in comp range at the places that pay full bonus in first year is £75-95k

Posted from TSR Mobile
don't do it for the money lad
Gotta get through the recruitment process first and last through an internship. Money alone won't do it dude

Posted from TSR Mobile
lmao, you deffo do care about the money most don't you?

Spoiler

No. Maybe after 7-10 years, depending on bank / team. Only bankers VP level and above make that sort of money.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1377
Sorry for asking again, but for the people who didn't get the benchmark in the MS tests, how long did it take them to inform you?
Original post by Green-Shamrock
After submitting the online application form for HSBC, how long do you have to wait before being invited to sit the online tests?

Couple days, they just check you meet initial requirements then send over SJT and Inductive Reasoming
Original post by pmcg1
Hi, I know this is a bit of a stab in the dark and I may be posting this in the wrong are (I've only just joined, sorry!) but I was wondering if someone could lend me some advice. I told myself for a good few years throughout secondary school that I was going to get an apprenticeship (accountancy) and had no interest in university but after a very unimpressive GCSE results day (didn't fail anything, but massively underperformed in comparison to what Ii probably would've been capable of had I have tried) however I am now sitting my A2 levels and have my heart set on a degree in Mathematics with Finance and hopefully a career in IB. I am very motivated to achieve this (it's not the money, it's the demanding nature of the job and how everyday is different plus a love for statistics) which has shown through how my predictions have changed from based off my GCSE grades. Basically, which would be the best (as, Oxbridge/LSE etc. are off the cards due to my GCSE results) university to strive for with *predicted* grades A* (Maths) and an A in both Statistics and Psychology with the end goal being a career in IB. Thank you in advance, Paul.

TL;DR - wants to be an IB, bad GCSE grades, good A Level prospects, wants to know what uni would be best for IB

Make a new thread pls

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending