The Student Room Group

Halloween is so stupid

Its just an excuse for girls to dress slutty and for annoying kids to harass you at your door. Just **** off.

Scroll to see replies

Or a time when Michael Myers comes out
Original post by yuops
Its just an excuse for girls to dress slutty and for annoying kids to harass you at your door. Just **** off.

Good, because those are stupid reasons to hate it. :tongue:
Reply 3
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Good, because those are stupid reasons to hate it. :tongue:

Halloween is the only day that people from sheffield look normal.
If Halloween is stupid, so is Christmas - they're both based on pagan festivals. Samhain and Yule respectively.
Original post by yuops
Halloween is the only day that people from sheffield look normal.

Don't you ever get tired of making so many accounts? :colonhash:
Reply 7
Original post by ||TheUnknown||
Don't you ever get tired of making so many accounts? :colonhash:

I don't know what you talking about sunflower girl.
in your opinion
Reply 9
Original post by Mactotaur
If Halloween is stupid, so is Christmas - they're both based on pagan festivals. Samhain and Yule respectively.

Excusssse me?????????
Original post by yuops
I don't know what you talking about sunflower girl.

Aw, you remember me. :h:
Original post by MrLol
Excusssse me?????????

Halloween is based on, way back in the past, the Celtic festival Samhain. It was the time when the boundaries between the world of the living and the world of those who had died was the thinnest. They'd hold ancestor celebrations, that sort of thing. When the Celts were converted, ancestor and god worship became twisted into demons and monsters, hence some of the ideas we have today.

Yule is what Christmas is based on (well, not based on, but Christmas was placed on the 25th, whereas Yule changes with the Winter Solstice, to ease pagan conversion).
Reply 12
Original post by tamil fever
in your opinion

And the opinion of any intelligent person.
Tell me about it 😂
Reply 14
Original post by ||TheUnknown||
Aw, you remember me. :h:

Ofc how could I forget about your unique valuable presence. :rolleyes:
Original post by yuops
And the opinion of any intelligent person.

*cough*
umm.I don't think so
Reply 16
Halloween is based on, way back in the past, the Celtic festival Samhain. It was the time when the boundaries between the world of the living and the world of those who had died was the thinnest. They'd hold ancestor celebrations, that sort of thing. When the Celts were converted, ancestor and god worship became twisted into demons and monsters, hence some of the ideas we have today.

Yule is what Christmas is based on (well, not based on, but Christmas was placed on the 25th, whereas Yule changes with the Winter Solstice, to ease pagan conversion).

There actually religious festival well at least Christmas I dont know about halloween (Its said to be All Souls Day on the day of halloween.)
Reply 17
Original post by tamil fever
*cough*
umm.I don't think so

You've got a bad cold there- you might want to get that checked off.

And I do think so love
Original post by MrLol
There actually religious festival well at least Christmas I dont know about halloween (Its said to be All Souls Day on the day of halloween.)

There is now - Allhallowtide, All Hallow's Day, and All Soul's Day. Like I said, Christian missionaries placed their own religious festivals on the pagan ones to make them more likely to convert.
Reply 19
There is now - Allhallowtide, All Hallow's Day, and All Soul's Day. Like I said, Christian missionaries placed their own religious festivals on the pagan ones to make them more likely to convert.

I thinks thats quite rude although im a atheist.

Quick Reply

Latest