The Student Room Group

I need some friends on TSR lol

Scroll to see replies

Original post by retro_turtles
i regret picking it but i need it

what are you planning to do after a levels tho
I share physics, chemistry and maths with you
Original post by student004
I'm 17 and I'm doing Chemistry (OCR A), Physics(AQA), Biology(AQA), Maths(Edexcel) and Further Maths for A levels. I'm looking to do Physics at Oxford/Imperial/UCL / Warwick
Anyone doing the same / similar A levels as me?
I do Maths, FM, Physics and CS so i do 3 same as u
what are you planning to do after a levels tho

Neurology, you?
I'm literally doing none of your A levels but I am 17 and I am doing A levels!!😄
Hey. :hi:
Original post by hamza772000
I do Maths, FM, Physics and CS so i do 3 same as u

what exam boards?
what exam boards?
OCR MEI for Maths and FM and OCR for Physics :smile:
Original post by Rohit_Rocks10
I share physics, chemistry and maths with you

what exam boards?
OCR MEI for Maths and FM and OCR for Physics :smile:

isnt OCR hard for Maths ?
Original post by alkaline.
maths is the hardest in that you have to do ALOT of work for very little return.
chemistry is the funnest
biology is not that difficult in terms of understanding but there's alot of content.

Haha I would personally disagree with this! I found Chemistry the hardest, but maths the easiest and I definitely put in a lot less work for maths and got a marginally higher mark in the AS :tongue: (98% vs. 95%)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Saba XD
Hey. :hi:

hiii:hello::hugs:
what exam boards?

All CIE
Idk about OCR but im pretty sure OCR MEI is the hardest board :////
Damn OCR MEI maths a level? Crazy
Your pp is cute !

Thank you!!! :biggrin:

What kind of work experience did you do and how much did you study per week??

Also, work experience wise - none related to physics, I did maths / physics summer courses instead, which were a lot more useful. I did an Ogden Trust organised residential at Cambridge where we were taught the first year quantum mechanics module (which was fantastic!), and a UKMT summer school at Oxford which I got on off the maths olympiads. But yeah, I'd really really really recommend applying for summer schools etc :smile: They definitely helped my ucas application, plus they were so much fun!

Study per week - depends how near exams it was haha! I worked very hard for my exams, but not that hard for the first term / two terms or years 12 and 13 (kind of coasted at a high B, mid A, and brought it up to high A in the ASs / A* in the A2s nearer exams :smile: )
Idk about OCR but im pretty sure OCR MEI is the hardest board :////

True good luck

I did OCR maths, can confirm!
True good luck
You too, how's Edexcel? :smile:
Original post by loveire&song
Thank you!!! :biggrin:

Also, work experience wise - none related to physics, I did maths / physics summer courses instead, which were a lot more useful. I did an Ogden Trust organised residential at Cambridge where we were taught the first year quantum mechanics module (which was fantastic!), and a UKMT summer school at Oxford which I got on off the maths olympiads. But yeah, I'd really really really recommend applying for summer schools etc :smile: They definitely helped my ucas application, plus they were so much fun!

Study per week - depends how near exams it was haha! I worked very hard for my exams, but not that hard for the first term / two terms or years 12 and 13 (kind of coasted at a high B, mid A, and brought it up to high A in the ASs / A* in the A2s nearer exams :smile: )

Thank you :smile::biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest