The Student Room Group

What time do you leave home in the morning?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TattyBoJangles
If I'm in for a 9-5 day, I'll generally leave at 8.25 and get home at ~5.20 (I give myself more time than necessary in the morning so I've time for a coffee).

Add another 15 minutes either side if I'm meant to be in Whitechapel and not Farringdon.

Getting their early for coffee is quite the good plan. We have a brew every morning once we re set up but normally end up taking sips between customers.
Original post by claireestelle
So you ve never experienced the pain of 9am,that's quite the long work day.

My uni reserve 9ams for first years :biggrin:

Work day wasn't too bad, it was the commute :biggrin:
Original post by mobbsy91
My uni reserve 9ams for first years :biggrin:

Work day wasn't too bad, it was the commute :biggrin:

I m sure they get plenty of hungover freshers in hoodies in those lectures. Yeah it's getting the bus which adds over a hour to my day, I actually work 8 30 to 6.
I m sure they get plenty of hungover freshers in hoodies in those lectures. Yeah it's getting the bus which adds over a hour to my day, I actually work 8 30 to 6.

Haha yeh, but they can just roll out of bed into lectures :biggrin:

Yeh - someone actually suggested to me I drive in every day from where I live. When seeing that it would've been about £990/month to park, not even considering fuel, running costs, I stuck to £625/month getting the train xD I do not like buses xD
Haha yeh, but they can just roll out of bed into lectures :biggrin:

Yeh - someone actually suggested to me I drive in every day from where I live. When seeing that it would've been about £990/month to park, not even considering fuel, running costs, I stuck to £625/month getting the train xD I do not like buses xD

£990 that's just crazy, I don't love buses but it's my only option until hopefully we move next week and I ll just walk 3 miles a day instead.
£990 that's just crazy, I don't love buses but it's my only option until hopefully we move next week and I ll just walk 3 miles a day instead.

Yeh... Fair enough! Yeh, I walk to uni which is just over 1.5 miles each way, and I find it a great way to get exercise in tbh
Yeh... Fair enough! Yeh, I walk to uni which is just over 1.5 miles each way, and I find it a great way to get exercise in tbh

Well my job involves being on my feet for 8.5 hours but I suppose walking gives me an excuse to eat more:tongue:
Well my job involves being on my feet for 8.5 hours but I suppose walking gives me an excuse to eat more:tongue:

Well, in that case, you'll be super healthy... xD Yeh, when I go for a bike ride, I use it as an excuse to eat those smarties XD
Well, in that case, you'll be super healthy... xD Yeh, when I go for a bike ride, I use it as an excuse to eat those smarties XD

I once ate a double burger after a Zumba class..
I once ate a double burger after a Zumba class..

Hahaha xD
Having not had a half term in 5 years,I d completely forgotten about it,hope you ve had a good break :smile: that's quite a time variance, are the trains not often?

XD
It's been mixed :tongue:
No they're every half an hour, just my college day starts at different times :wink:
Thursday I'm not in until 3pm but i usually get in for 2pm and do some work :yep:
Hope you are well!
Too early :frown:

8am on a Monday and Wednesday, and 11:40am on a Tuesday. I always want a longer lie in!
Reply 32
I leave at 8:30-8:45 depending where my lecture is and come back 1:30-5:30 depending when my lectures end lol
Leave at 7:38 and back around 4:20 :colone:

Spoiler

Leave at 8 and come back at 4 ish
Maccies breakfast three days a week?!

No haha, the McDonald's is just a reasonable meeting point between our two houses so that we can walk to school together :smile:
Original post by homeland.lsw
No haha, the McDonald's is just a reasonable meeting point between our two houses so that we can walk to school together :smile:

Ooh I see,I thought you were meeting for mcmuffins :tongue:
It depends very much on when my first lectures are but usually 8:50 or 9:50. I start work at 8:00 though.
Reply 38
Monday to Friday I live the house at 8:00. I finish at 1:30 every Monday . To me Tuesday is a blessed day I finish at 11oclock , I have A2 maths and then A2 psychology then I run to leave. Thursday I finish at 4:30 because I have two A2 media lessons due to their being no lessons on Tuesday . The other two days are kinda dead I finish at 3:30.
8.15-8.25 ish and then I go home 3.05 unless I have frees then I'll go home earlier. I can't believe how early you guys get up I struggle with getting up at 7.40:tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest