The Student Room Group

What key things/skills did you learn from the A levels you did?

I'm sure we're all curious to learn about different A levels because there are so many different ones but we only do 3/4.

Please let me know what A levels you did and what sort of key things you learnt/ what skills you gained from learning them. It only has to be a few sentences. I did Biology, Chemistry, Maths and English Literature so I would be interested in subjects like:

Politics
Sociology
Law
Economics
Accounting
Business

Thanks!
Original post by Kira Yagami
I'm sure we're all curious to learn about different A levels because there are so many different ones but we only do 3/4.

Please let me know what A levels you did and what sort of key things you learnt/ what skills you gained from learning them. It only has to be a few sentences. I did Biology, Chemistry, Maths and English Literature so I would be interested in subjects like:

Politics
Sociology
Law
Economics
Accounting
Business

Thanks!

These are not the droids/subjects you are looking for but:

From Maths/Further maths. How sometimes practice makes perfect and you need to remember the definitions and think creatively about how they can be applied. Also how important time management is and how stuff like stats can be applied to the real world, even if it is contrived.

Physics: being thrown into completely strange and unknown situations and having to think / deduce things even if you've only seen a tiny bit of similar things. Being able to put things together and documenting it via graphs, diagrams etc. And picking up on key words that need to be included in answers!

Chen - similar to physics. Having to remember a lot of information as well.

English lit - being proactive in reading books, make notes, writing many practice essays and reading up on external sources
ICT taught me how to turn my router on and off again whenever the wi-fi stops working
Original post by SeanFM
These are not the droids/subjects you are looking for but:

From Maths/Further maths. How sometimes practice makes perfect and you need to remember the definitions and think creatively about how they can be applied. Also how important time management is and how stuff like stats can be applied to the real world, even if it is contrived.

Physics: being thrown into completely strange and unknown situations and having to think / deduce things even if you've only seen a tiny bit of similar things. Being able to put things together and documenting it via graphs, diagrams etc. And picking up on key words that need to be included in answers!

Chen - similar to physics. Having to remember a lot of information as well.

English lit - being proactive in reading books, make notes, writing many practice essays and reading up on external sources

Oh that's interesting, thanks for replying :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest