The Student Room Group

Manchester University A100 (2017 entry)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by michaela__
I can just imagine me being overjoyed at meeting the UKCAT cut off and then all of a sudden I get a rejection because of my form 😂 I'm on word rn with no idea how to go about it, this is so much harder than the PS😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahah believe me I know exactly how you feel! After all the stress of the PS when I finally finished and sent it off I felt this immense relief, and then the stress began all over again for this form 😂
Original post by crystalni
Hahah believe me I know exactly how you feel! After all the stress of the PS when I finally finished and sent it off I felt this immense relief, and then the stress began all over again for this form 😂

Literally though 😂 I'm going to have it all drafted tomorrow hopefully (so I say anyway😉). I worry about silly things though like sending it off on Monday is too late for me because what if it doesn't send, and then my emails don't work either 😂 so basically I need it done for Sunday so I can feel calm 😂😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can just imagine me being overjoyed at meeting the UKCAT cut off and then all of a sudden I get a rejection because of my form 😂 I'm on word rn with no idea how to go about it, this is so much harder than the PS😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think most of us found more challenging than PS
Original post by SarahCroydon

As they strictly do not want you to have cut and paste from your PS
Original post by SarahCroydon

Well at least most people can agree with me :wink: it's reassuring

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 185
Original post by medicapplicant
on the open day they said not to mention work experience on the form unless your really have to.

thanks! so should i just stick to talking about volunteering then? also, should i try to link things back to medicine eg. if any of my hobbies have allowed me to gain skills that would be useful in practice, should i detail that?
Original post by zmlk
thanks! so should i just stick to talking about volunteering then? also, should i try to link things back to medicine eg. if any of my hobbies have allowed me to gain skills that would be useful in practice, should i detail that?

yep thats what I did :smile:
Reply 187
yep thats what I did :smile:

ok thank you!!
When they say don't mention work experience, do they mean don't mention doctor shadowing and stuff like that ?
Original post by kayasparkles
When they say don't mention work experience, do they mean don't mention doctor shadowing and stuff like that ?

yh I think so( basically short term stuff) they want you to mention long term stuff e.g. volunteering at a care home or charity shop or hospice...
When i talked to the admissions tutor he said we could mention the short term stuff in the "Motivation for Medicine" section??
Original post by Mr PB
When i talked to the admissions tutor he said we could mention the short term stuff in the "Motivation for Medicine" section??

Really, was the admissions tutor from Manchester because I allied them up today to confirm if we should put short term stuff into form and they said no unless you really have to

Posted from TSR Mobile
Really, was the admissions tutor from Manchester because I allied them up today to confirm if we should put short term stuff into form and they said no unless you really have to

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it might be different for your motivation for med bit...to me the short term stuff shows you've gone and got a taste of actual day to day medicine so you know what you're getting yourself in to? But I agree that for the other bits you should probably try and stick to long term commitment

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yh i talked to the Admissions Tutor and he did say not to include short term things such as shadowing in the caring role section but to mention them in the motivation for medicine. TBH my motivation for medicine is based on my medical experiences
I am finding the caring role so hard to fill out 😭 I do have caring experiences but trying to discuss them in the way they are looking for is what I'm finding difficult :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just make a long list of all the caring role bits you have done and then pick from them those which read well and flow in your statement
hey all in the caring section, is it really needed to state again the frequency of your volunteering position in the written section if the form asks for the dates/frequency before hand.. I really need to get rid of as may characters as possible lmaaao
Original post by miri123456
hey all in the caring section, is it really needed to state again the frequency of your volunteering position in the written section if the form asks for the dates/frequency before hand.. I really need to get rid of as may characters as possible lmaaao

Yeah take it out if you need to as they will already have the info so I wouldn't worry :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My teacher said bear in mind that each section is scored by different assessors idependantly and they only read their own section
Reply 199
Bio and Chem! What about you? And I didn't put anything as if I get rejected I'll have a gap year and try again, then if that doesn't work I think I'll do pharmacy as I can't afford post grad route! What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry for the late reply! been so busy with BMAT. Mines in A*, you must be so good at chem then, might need your help haha. I put down medical microbiology at leicester, so if I dont get 3As I will go there and try and transfer to medicine.If i get the grades though ill defo take a gap year as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending