The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Stream 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HumanDancer
Just received another e-mail from the Fast Stream Team. Apparently I will have an update on where the FastStream team are up to with my eTray in the next couple of weeks. This is fine, but I am curious to see if any other disabled applicants are in a similar boat as, so far as I am aware, nobody else on this thread has found themselves in this situation? :confused:

They told me not to sit my eTray and let it expire as they had not applied my reasonable adjustments. Still waiting on news.
Original post by JoJoBonetto
They told me not to sit my eTray and let it expire as they had not applied my reasonable adjustments. Still waiting on news.

I'm still waiting for my adjustments to be made too; haven't had any specific contact with them about my case so I think it will be a while before I complete my E-tray. Do you think that with all the issues they had the test over the last few days that they will change some of the content of the test?
Original post by JoJoBonetto

Ah okay, thank you. I know it sounds bad, but I find it a bit comforting that I am not the only one having this issue!
The Civil Service Fast Stream just posted this on their Facebook:

Application update!We are preparing to issue online test results by email next week. In the meantime, you can access them by signing into your Fast Stream account.Not yet applied? Don’t miss out, apply now!

I really hope that includes eTray results!
Original post by eilidhx
The Civil Service Fast Stream just posted this on their Facebook:

Application update!We are preparing to issue online test results by email next week. In the meantime, you can access them by signing into your Fast Stream account.Not yet applied? Don’t miss out, apply now!

I really hope that includes eTray results!

Just rushed to log in, alas, nothing there :frown:
Reply 725
Oh my goodness, the e tray is tough. Lots of information to take in and think about. Started getting tired third of the way in. That's a fail then :/
(edited 7 years ago)
Just completed online tests, does anyone have an idea when I should expect to hear back?
Hey guys, this is my fourth and actually most serious attempt at applying... I passed through all the tests the other times, then when the e-tray came around I decided not to continue... So, just about to do my e-tray now .... mixed feelings after reading other people's experiences. I don't know what to worry about more... whether or not I will make to the end, either through my own ability to do so, or to get there without errors/crashes! And the thought of passing and having to do the video interview kind of makes it feel like a catch-22....

Anyone else really worried about the video interview?
Original post by commodoro
Hey guys, this is my fourth and actually most serious attempt at applying... I passed through all the tests the other times, then when the e-tray came around I decided not to continue... So, just about to do my e-tray now .... mixed feelings after reading other people's experiences. I don't know what to worry about more... whether or not I will make to the end, either through my own ability to do so, or to get there without errors/crashes! And the thought of passing and having to do the video interview kind of makes it feel like a catch-22....

I am worried! I'm confused as to the exact concept of it as well to be honest!!
Original post by commodoro

Atm I'm most worried about passing the e tray! After that hopefully the video interview won't be too bad! But that's me hoping haha
Original post by deejayy
Just completed online tests, does anyone have an idea when I should expect to hear back?

You should hear back by this week, according to Facebook.
Hey guys, any pointers on the Situational Judgment Test would be incredible. My friend (incredibly bright) sat the test and a minute later when she logged in had been instantly rejected.

I'm a bit apprehensive about this test, really want to do well! :frown:
Original post by Roshniroxy
Hey guys, any pointers on the Situational Judgment Test would be incredible. My friend (incredibly bright) sat the test and a minute later when she logged in had been instantly rejected.

Best advice is to look over the competency framework but also use a little common sense, some of the questions are mostly based around you being given a piece of work therefore the appropriate answers aren't to delegate it away to a colleague etc. Don't overthink it, take a read over and go with your gut, that's what I did. And be honest on the behavioural test, don't click what you think they want you to say and not the truth as it may not pay off for you.
Original post by Roshniroxy

My condolences to your friend, but don't let that put you off. The Situational Judgment Test is easier for those who have been in professional situations. My tip would be to think about the consequences of your choices and how they would potentially impact your colleagues as well as your own workload, your reliability, etc. Take your time with it as well, read carefully and do not panic.
Any one else here think that being tested by an online test before even submitting a CV is daft?
Original post by ali23260
Any one else here think that being tested by an online test before even submitting a CV is daft?

I thought it was odd initially but now I really don't mind. They're asking for a 2:2/2:1, a grade pretty much everyone will achieve. They want to shift through candidates and create a smaller pool to choose from quicker, and that's done faster through online tests than looking at grades.
Hey ya'll!

I'm part of this train now. Realised my job isn't challenging and just marathon'd the steps up to, and including the E-Tray. Now I feel like I've binged a TV show and have to wait on the next episode like a muggle.

Yeah I'm an existing Civil Servant, but coulda applied as an external applicant too so whatevs. Hope ya'll do great! :cute:

E-TRAY RESULTS HYPE!

Tips:
- Don't start the test till you've got a firm understanding of the fictional scenario they given ya. I think it's on page 7 or 8 before you click start. It's untimed and you'll not spend precious minutes trying to get the lay of the land on the actual timed test.
-I'd probably have chosen to skim a lot more at the start of the test, and gotten into the actual questions quicker than suggested timings.
-If you've your spending 20 mins at start reading that leaves you with 60 mins to do the questions. You're giving yourself about 2 mins on each question.
-If you're not sure and your spending more than 2 mins on a question, give it a guess and move on.
Original post by ali23260

It's not an experience-led recruitment process, therefore your CV is immaterial.
Reply 738
Going to sit the e-tray tonight. Never done one before, are the questions multiple choice?
Original post by ryan.m
Going to sit the e-tray tonight. Never done one before, are the questions multiple choice?

I did mine last week; you get a practise question first and yeah, they're multiple choice. A lot of people have said that they didn't finish all the questions so my recommendation would be to skim as best you can in the first instance, then proceed to the questions, rather than necessarily giving yourself the whole 20 minutes recommended.

I did read the texts for 20 minutes and finished all the questions with time to check a few but who knows if I actually answered them correctly!!

Good luck :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending