The Student Room Group

Anthropology 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pep7191
Sent my application off yesterday

Applied to Oxford, UCL, Durham, Bristol and Exeter

Good luck!!
Just sent my university application off!!! Good luck to all of you!
Original post by tanvisingh99
Just sent my university application off!!! Good luck to all of you!

Good luck!!! I'm still trying to finalize my final choice. Changed my choices to: Queens Belfast, Brookes, Exeter and Birmingham. Anyone been to visit Brunel or Sussex? Would you recommend it?
Original post by SparklyUnicornz
Good luck!!! I'm still trying to finalize my final choice. Changed my choices to: Queens Belfast, Brookes, Exeter and Birmingham. Anyone been to visit Brunel or Sussex? Would you recommend it?

Thank yooou! I changed one of my choices from Brunel to Exeter! I went to the Sussex open day in October, and I personally found it amazing! The Anthropology department seemed to be really well-established, whichever was good to see, and the course itself looks absolutely amazing! It's just social and cultural, so if like me, that's the part of Anthropology you're into then it's perfect. The campus itself is really, really pretty and purpose-built, and the accommodation actually looks pretty decent too, although it's quite expensive. 😊
Thank yooou! I changed one of my choices from Brunel to Exeter! I went to the Sussex open day in October, and I personally found it amazing! The Anthropology department seemed to be really well-established, whichever was good to see, and the course itself looks absolutely amazing! It's just social and cultural, so if like me, that's the part of Anthropology you're into then it's perfect. The campus itself is really, really pretty and purpose-built, and the accommodation actually looks pretty decent too, although it's quite expensive. 😊

That's exactly what I needed to hear!! I'm more interested in the cultural and social aspects too, I looked through the course and modules and it looked all good, just needed some info on the Anthropology department and Uni as a whole. Very helpful, thank you! Have you received any offers yet? Let me know when you do 😊
That's exactly what I needed to hear!! I'm more interested in the cultural and social aspects too, I looked through the course and modules and it looked all good, just needed some info on the Anthropology department and Uni as a whole. Very helpful, thank you! Have you received any offers yet? Let me know when you do 😊

Aw I'm glad I could help! When I'd gone there I was also really impressed by the lecturer - he was super enthusiastic and was really nice and helpful when I talked to him after the talk. All the current students seemed so lovely too! And I kinda heard back from Sussex today! They sent me an email saying that they're currently busy trying to settle down their new students, but said that they are very interested in my application and will shortly make me an offer formally through UCAS! Apart from that I've just had acknowledgement emails from the others
Aw I'm glad I could help! When I'd gone there I was also really impressed by the lecturer - he was super enthusiastic and was really nice and helpful when I talked to him after the talk. All the current students seemed so lovely too! And I kinda heard back from Sussex today! They sent me an email saying that they're currently busy trying to settle down their new students, but said that they are very interested in my application and will shortly make me an offer formally through UCAS! Apart from that I've just had acknowledgement emails from the others

Congrats! I better get my applications sent out ASAP haha. Any idea which one you'd firm?
Congrats! I better get my applications sent out ASAP haha. Any idea which one you'd firm?

Haha yep! Good luck with your application! I'd firm Durham if I get in because that's literally my dream university, but if not, then probably Sussex. What about you?
Haha yep! Good luck with your application! I'd firm Durham if I get in because that's literally my dream university, but if not, then probably Sussex. What about you?

Thank you, possibly Exeter 😊 Or maybe Sussex, I'll probably go to a post offer open day before I make the decision. I haven't even applied yet and I'm already dying to get started with Anthropology hahaha. What do you plan on doing after the degree?:smile:
Thank you, possibly Exeter 😊 Or maybe Sussex, I'll probably go to a post offer open day before I make the decision. I haven't even applied yet and I'm already dying to get started with Anthropology hahaha. What do you plan on doing after the degree?:smile:

Haha same here! I want to go into International Relations afterwards and I'm thinking about going abroad to do it, that's what I have in mind for now anyway!😂 What about you?
Haha same here! I want to go into International Relations afterwards and I'm thinking about going abroad to do it, that's what I have in mind for now anyway!😂 What about you?

Hahaha 😂 I'm thinking international aid, I have some family connections working in the sector in Sweden so I'm definitely considering going abroad too.
Hahaha 😂 I'm thinking international aid, I have some family connections working in the sector in Sweden so I'm definitely considering going abroad too.

Ooh wow! That sounds amazing!
Ooh wow! That sounds amazing!

I know haha, I can't wait!! 😄
I was wondering about who else is applying to do a course in Anthropology and to which universities.
I am going to be applying to Durham, Southampton (to do sociology with anthropology), Sussex, Manchester, and Brunel :smile:

I'm applying for Sociology and Anthropology at Kent, Southampton and Exeter. Straight social anthropology at LSE and HSPS at Cambridge :smile:
Original post by laragracea
I'm applying for Sociology and Anthropology at Kent, Southampton and Exeter. Straight social anthropology at LSE and HSPS at Cambridge :smile:

Ahh good luck!! I literally just got an offer from Southampton for Sociology with Anthropology!
Ahh good luck!! I literally just got an offer from Southampton for Sociology with Anthropology!

Same! I got mine on Wednesday and Kent a couple weeks ago, good luck for the rest! Xx
Original post by laragracea
Same! I got mine on Wednesday and Kent a couple weeks ago, good luck for the rest! Xx

Thank you! Good luck to you too, especially with Cambridge! 😊 Xx
I've applied for Bristol, Bournemouth, Exeter, Manchester and Roehampton :smile:
Original post by Kathryn1998
I've applied for Bristol, Bournemouth, Exeter, Manchester and Roehampton :smile:

Good luck! Hoping you get 5/5 offers! :smile:
Anyone got any offers yet ?? The wait is killing me :s-smilie::s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending