The Student Room Group

Should police be allowed to shoot illegal migrants at the border?

Poll

Should police be allowed to shoot illegal migrants?

If the country doesn't want them and they keep trying to get in, should the police be allowed to use force on them? Personally, I don't think they should but a few Wuropean politicians have advocated this:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3426138/German-politician-says-migrants-shot-border-trying-enter-country-illegally.html
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35452306

What do you think?
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If a country refuses entry and someone tries to get in how is that any different to being invaded? Shoot them
Reply 2
No way. People go to desperate measures to try and get a better life in the UK. Why should they get shot because of their desperation. I feel sorry for them tbh.
Reply 3
No, but we need to have a way to deal with excess migration, especially when we don't know anything about these migrants, which is currently the case in Europe. Don't shoot them of course but countries should be allowed to turn them away if they can't handle it or if they feel that the migrants may pose a risk.
Reply 4
Of course. Shoot them with glee.
Original post by biglad2k16
If the country doesn't want them and they keep trying to get in, should the police be allowed to use force on them? Personally, I don't think they should but a few Wuropean politicians have advocated this:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3426138/German-politician-says-migrants-shot-border-trying-enter-country-illegally.html
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35452306

What do you think?

Use force? Yes
Shoot them? No
No but a country shouldn't be forced to take them in, especially when they don't have the skills that we need or if we don't have any jobs for them to do.
If they pose a direct safety risk to the officer then yes. If not, then the officers should use some other way of preventing them from getting in.
Reply 8
They should be tasered and shipped back.
Original post by mkap
No way. People go to desperate measures to try and get a better life in the UK. Why should they get shot because of their desperation. I feel sorry for them tbh.

Well then why can't they try and build a better life for themselves in their own countries rather than running away like cowards?
Original post by #ChaosKass
Yes. Absolutely yes. They're breaking the law, why should they be allowed to just cross without any repercussions? If they break the law they deserve to be punished.

So all law breakers should be shot?
Reply 11
Well then why can't they try and build a better life for themselves in their own countries rather than running away like cowards?

maybe because there own countries are corrupt. filled with so much war that they are used to hearing the sound of bombs dropping and people they know getting killed. good enough reason?
Yes, look at the huge rape problem in Germany and Sweden because they took in all these migrants. It's clear that they are a risk.
Reply 13
Original post by mkap
maybe because there own countries are corrupt. filled with so much war that they are used to hearing the sound of bombs dropping and people they know getting killed. good enough reason?

Yeah, because the people trying to get into Britain really are fleeing that deadly war going on in France at the moment.
No, but there are far too many migrants to justify using non-violent methods. We need to put a stop to them and do it fast, and shooting them is the most effective way of accomplishing this.

How is killing them and ultimately making their families suffer even more possibly a good solution?
Original post by mkap

No, the war is their problem. It's their own country, if they were true patriots they would try to improve the standard of living in their own countries instead of taking advantage of our country.
Original post by Reue
If a country refuses entry and someone tries to get in how is that any different to being invaded? Shoot them

Illegal entry is specifically catered for in the convention in article 37.
If they claim asylum, then the country is under an oblgation to investigate the validity of their claim under the 51 convention on Refugees.. Shooting them would not be the appropriate response.
Yes. Absolutely yes. They're breaking the law, why should they be allowed to just cross without any repercussions? If they break the law they deserve to be punished.

Yes but do you not think killing is ever so slightly extreme? I'd be very careful if I was you otherwise I might have to fetch my toenail clippers and teach you a thing or two!
(edited 7 years ago)
Attack is the best form of defence. Look at the rape crisis in Germany, the terror attacks. We are under attack.
If needed yes but Non lethal force should be used where possible. but your or someones life is in direct danger Shooting is the best option.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending