The Student Room Group

AS Chemistry Reacting Masses

Could anyone help me on these 2 questions please?

I'm completely lost

1)calculate the mass of nitric acid required to react completely with 90g of copper

3Cu + 8HNO3 producing 3Cu(NO3)2 +2NO +4H2O

2) What mass of iron is formed when one kilogram (1000g) of irone ore, Fe203 , reacts in excess carbon monoxide?

FE203 + 3CO producing 2FE +3CO2

Thanks! <3
Original post by Wisdom2
Could anyone help me on these 2 questions please?

I'm completely lost

1)calculate the mass of nitric acid required to react completely with 90g of copper

3Cu + 8HNO3 producing 3Cu(NO3)2 +2NO +4H2O

2) What mass of iron is formed when one kilogram (1000g) of irone ore, Fe203 , reacts in excess carbon monoxide?

FE203 + 3CO producing 2FE +3CO2

Thanks! <3

1) Work out the moles of copper using the equation: mass= molecular mass x moles
Then use the molar ratio between copper and nitric acid, which is 3:8. Re-use the equation to find mass.

2)Again, work out the moles of iron ore with the above equation. Then use the molar relationship between iron ore and iron which is 1:2. Re-use equation to find mass.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Ze Witcher
1) Work out the moles of copper using the equation: mass= molecular mass x moles
Then use the molar ratio between copper and nitric acid, which is 3:8. Re-use the equation to find mass.

2)Again, work out the moles of iron ore with the above equation. Then use the molar relationship between iron ore and iron which is 1:2. Re-use equation to find mass.

Aw, will do! Thanks for replying, such a nice person!
Original post by Wisdom2
Aw, will do! Thanks for replying, such a nice person!

No problemo :h:

Quick Reply

Latest