The Student Room Group

2017 Mathematics Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Name: Lauren
AS Results: AAAA
A2 (Predicted/Achieved): A*A*A* (Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry)
UMS: 4x100, 96, 93
Universities applied to: Warwick, Manchester, Durham, Birmingham, Nottingham
Fun fact: Recently bred a litter of puppies!
(edited 7 years ago)
Has anyone received an offer from Warwick yet, or know how long it normally takes for them to get back to you?

Thanks!
Original post by LaurenLovesMaths
Has anyone received an offer from Warwick yet, or know how long it normally takes for them to get back to you?

Thanks!

Loads have got Warwick maths offers so far. Don't worry about it, you're pretty much guaranteed an offer if you even have an AAA prediction. With your stats, you can be more than certain you'll get one very soon.
anybody heard back from warwick or bristol?
A2 Predicted: A*A*A*A (Maths, Further Maths, Economics, Physics)
UMS : 99,98,93,92,91,84
Applied to: Cambridge, LSE, UCL, Imperial and Kings.

Offer received from Kings yesterday, AAA!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TheRandomGenius
Loads have got Warwick maths offers so far. Don't worry about it, you're pretty much guaranteed an offer if you even have an AAA prediction. With your stats, you can be more than certain you'll get one very soon.

Awh thank you :biggrin:
Original post by dididid
anybody heard back from warwick or bristol?

Got my bristol offer today!
AS Results: AAAAA2 Predicted: A*A*A*(Maths, Biology, Chemistry) UMS : 97,100,100 in C1,C2,D1Applied to: Oxford, Bristol, Nottingham, Leeds, Newcastle

Had offers from all apart from Oxford, dreading the MAT next week!
Name: Toasticide (real life Louis Moore)
AS Results: B maths B chemistry C biology D physics
A2 (Predicted/Achieved): predicted- maths A chemistry B physics C (further maths AS A)
UMS (Optional): 120?
Universities applied to: Keele, Greenwich, Reading, Chester and Portsmouth
Fun fact: I can play the piano kinda well? (im quite a boring person and what video games i do play no ones heard of :/)
Reply 29
Original post by TonyClough1
AS Results: AAAAA2 Predicted: A*A*A*(Maths, Biology, Chemistry) UMS : 97,100,100 in C1,C2,D1Applied to: Oxford, Bristol, Nottingham, Leeds, Newcastle

****ing kill me, MAT will be the death of me. Truly ****ed up when I did the 2015 paper, and it's not looking good for next week considering my school has ignored my exam arrangements....

But yeah, congrats on the offers mate, I've only got one so far, from Warwick (no surprises there). How come no FM?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qeyoo
****ing kill me, MAT will be the death of me. Truly ****ed up when I did the 2015 paper, and it's not looking good for next week considering my school has ignored my exam arrangements....

But yeah, congrats on the offers mate, I've only got one so far, from Warwick (no surprises there). How come no FM?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its just the worst thing ever isn't it, my teachers at my college can't even help me with it, just can't get past 50%. Thank you, and because i didn't fancy doing that much maths back at the end of year 11 so didn't pick it, but have loved maths over the past year and a bit, Im teaching myself some of the FP topics to catch up a bit.
Name: Lauren
A2 (Predicted/Achieved): A*A*A* (Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry)
UMS: 4x100, 96, 93
Universities applied to: Warwick, Manchester, Durham, Birmingham, Nottingham
Fun fact: Recently bred a litter of puppies!
Any offers?
Reply 32
Name: Susan
AS Results: AAAA(Maths, Chemistry, Economics, Spanish and 2 other maths modules which are part of FMAS)
A2 (Predicted/Achieved): A*A*AA predicted (Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry, Economics)
UMS (Optional): C1:100, C2:99, S1:100, M1:100, FP1:89
Universities applied to: Oxford, St Andrews, Durham, Bath, Warwick (also going to apply to TCD unless by some miracle I get an Oxford offer)
Fun fact: I'm saving up to buy a bass ukelele

FP1 was a disappointment, but it's my fault in that I am entitled to rest breaks and didn't use them, despite the fact I needed one so wasted half the exam

This year I'm taking C3, C4, S2, M2, FP2, FP3, FP4 woop woop

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheRandomGenius
Are you sure Warwick would consider AAA predicted grades? Their entry requirement ranges from A*A*A*-A*A*A for mathematics.
Original post by Dynamic_Vicz
Any offers?

Got an offer for an interview at Manchester the day after sending my application, but I haven't received any other offers yet :frown: I'm so anxious to get offers aha
Reply 35
Its just the worst thing ever isn't it, my teachers at my college can't even help me with it, just can't get past 50%. Thank you, and because i didn't fancy doing that much maths back at the end of year 11 so didn't pick it, but have loved maths over the past year and a bit, Im teaching myself some of the FP topics to catch up a bit.

Self teaching FP topics sounds like a fab idea, I'm really enjoying learning them. My MAT scores have varied between 37 and 79 so hoping for something at the 79 end for the real thing. My main problem is staying calm, both in the MAT and interview, I tend to do it better and in less time if I don't feel stressed, which is why I'm p upset about my exams dept ignoring my exam arrangements.

It's amazing how much your opinion can change over a year tbh, last year I was thinking about dropping out of double maths because I didn't feel good enough for it, yet here I am now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
Are you sure Warwick would consider AAA predicted grades? Their entry requirement ranges from A*A*A*-A*A*A for mathematics.

I was told at the open day they automatically give offers to anyone predicted AAA

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an offer for an interview at Manchester the day after sending my application, but I haven't received any other offers yet :frown: I'm so anxious to get offers aha
Wow well done! Manchester/Nottingham are the unis I really want offers from :redface:. Dw you'll get those offers, you're a stronger applicant than me.

Congrats! Why didn't you do FM?
Wow well done! Manchester/Nottingham are the unis I really want offers from :redface:. Dw you'll get those offers, you're a stronger applicant than me.

Haha let's hope so, thank you! To be honest Manchester is my least favourite choice and if I get other offers from other unis beforehand then I won't go to their interview, but I'm still glad to have gotten one :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest