The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Is it possible to defer a Spring Week offer? If so what are valid reasons e.g. health, personal, mitigating?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by nottheone18
Is it possible to defer a Spring Week offer? If so what are valid reasons e.g. health, personal, mitigating?

Doubt it tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman

Let me elaborate. Received an offer to transfer into the first year of LSE for Economics in September 2017. Currently studying at KCL Computer Science.

So I want to do my Spring Internship in 2018 instead of my offer which is April 2017. I'm *****ing it lol.
Original post by nottheone18
Let me elaborate. Received an offer to transfer into the first year of LSE for Economics in September 2017. Currently studying at KCL Computer Science.

So I want to do my Spring Internship in 2018 instead of my offer which is April 2017. I'm *****ing it lol.

1. LSE decisions haven't been sent out yet bro
2. I'm unsure that any banks have given out SW offers for 2017
3. You would first ask HR this question if the sitch was a real one (which I doubt), and if the answer is no you reapply.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1404
hey, what banks are open for spring weeks, does anyone have a list?
Original post by PISA
hey, what banks are open for spring weeks, does anyone have a list?

There is a fairly powerful search engine called Google that comes in very hand with Qs like this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by therealdeal580
There is a fairly powerful search engine called Google that comes in very hand with Qs like this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
1. LSE decisions haven't been sent out yet bro
2. I'm unsure that any banks have given out SW offers for 2017
3. You would first ask HR this question if the sitch was a real one (which I doubt), and if the answer is no you reapply.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Last year the first LSE offers I saw were in the first week of November, so I wouldn't be surprised if a few people per year get offers in late October.
ubs dont have the ics available to apply to the spring week. Big up anyone who can find it for me - all i have is the ccs
Does anyone know please how long after submitting the Citi application they invite you to the numerical test? Thanks:smile:
Sorry to ask but what banks require you to do a test straight away when you apply?
For those banks applications which require a 2.1 or higher on track or achieved for spring weeks how is this evidence shown to the banks or are these just general typos and you just apply and these 2.1 in any degree discipline dont need to be shown?
I applied to Goldman' Spring Week. When I uploaded my application, they said;

Current status is Application ReceivedThank you for applying to Goldman Sachs.You will be contacted should the appropriate position become available that matches your qualifications.
Does this mean the spring week application is closed or is this a typical reply?
It looks like DB requires work experience, because in the application form it says that the "start date - end date" field is mandatory. Isn't that strange?
Reply 1414
Original post by StrongSilver97
For those banks applications which require a 2.1 or higher on track or achieved for spring weeks how is this evidence shown to the banks or are these just general typos and you just apply and these 2.1 in any degree discipline dont need to be shown?

You agree to present them with evidence upon request that you're either capable of achieving 2.1 or have already achieved it.
Reply 1415
Does anyone know if you're rejected from CS immediately after taking the tests if not successful?
Anyone know what is asked in UBS video interview?
Bit of an odd question but I did a spring week in 2016 but now changed to a 4 year course (graduating in 2019 instead of 2018) and I am applying to spring weeks again. The spring week is obviously on my CV but I am struggling when it comes to talking about it on my cover letters. As I have already done this insight why exactly would I want to do another insight? Any suggestions how I should phrase it/how I should talk about the spring week on my cover letters?
Original post by HeyLucy
Bit of an odd question but I did a spring week in 2016 but now changed to a 4 year course (graduating in 2019 instead of 2018) and I am applying to spring weeks again. The spring week is obviously on my CV but I am struggling when it comes to talking about it on my cover letters. As I have already done this insight why exactly would I want to do another insight? Any suggestions how I should phrase it/how I should talk about the spring week on my cover letters?

want to experience culture of another bank, gain more info about a specific division, expand network?
Reply 1419
Original post by RWiz
Does anyone know if you're rejected from CS immediately after taking the tests if not successful?

Not at the moment no, my application status hasn't changed from 'recieved' for a week

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending