The Student Room Group

Why do guys stop women in the middle of the road?

I was going home this evening and this guy who thought we shared a 'moment' had stopped me and tried to start a conversation with me like telling me I looked exotic, asking me what I was studying, where I'm from ect. He seemed so full of energy, you wouldn't think he is creepy or anything. However, I had become this utterly shy person when I spoke to him, didn't seem confident and I told him I'm not active on social media because he wanted to be just "friends" on fb and that he would be so lucky if he just got a hi from me. He's a charmer and experienced but I was being polite and shy but he kept persisting in a non threatening way, i don't know why guys can't just leave girls alone at this point? when it wasn't getting anyway he went off and said have a good night. I could tell he was trying to sell himself to me..when I left it felt like such a relief!

Scroll to see replies

It's kinda creepy when a guy who looks around 50 says hi to me on the street.
(edited 7 years ago)
Because some guys just have one thing on their mind....

.... FOOD! :smile: #Moooose
Reply 3
Just sounds like one of those thirsty pickup guys trying to get your number.
Reply 4
lol i wouldnt generalise guys because of this one incident, he seems thirsty and creepy
I prefer to skip the questions and just grab them by the pus*y
Guys can be such creeps sometimes. Like what makes u think ur gonna pick up a girl like that?
Reply 7
Original post by Asiangirl_18
Guys can be such creeps sometimes. Like what makes u think ur gonna pick up a girl like that?

My thoughts exactly! I should have just walked off. I feel guilty because I get carried away. It doesn't help that I'm not blunt either and he thinks he can win me.
Reply 8
Original post by dnr_23
lol i wouldnt generalise guys because of this one incident, he seems thirsty and creepy

I think guys in general are thirsty, some are just good at keeping it under control..whereas others are embarrassingly creepy.
Original post by Lord Samosa
I prefer to skip the questions and just grab them by the pus*y

Aw, so romantic.

But you get away with it because I like your picture; it really cracks me up for some reason. An angry looking samosa.
Because they're idiots and weirdos.
Reply 11
Can't quite fathom this. It's an inappropriate dating situation and you've no clue of the girls circumstances or receptiveness anyway. So can be totally unwelcome. The type of girl that provokes this sort of reaction is unlikely to be hanging around for random offers anyway. So unless your a guy with magnetic looks and personality, in which case you wouldn't be hanging around either, it's a flawed strategy.
Original post by Anonymous
I think guys in general are thirsty, some are just good at keeping it under control..whereas others are embarrassingly creepy.

I think that you’re a sexist who generalises men after one experience.
My thoughts exactly! I should have just walked off. I feel guilty because I get carried away. It doesn't help that I'm not blunt either and he thinks he can win me.

Tbh I'm very blunt to most people but when it comes to situations like that I sorta freeze up and just get mega awkward and the guys seem to think that's a sign to carry on. Like Ive been stalked in bloody Asda and everything and I didn't know what to do. Its horrible.
Original post by frankielogue
I think that you’re a sexist who generalises men after one experience.

It's not just this one, I've experienced it countless times. Yesterday I had one too from this pizza delivery man.

I think guys in generally are more visual than girls. They get turned on when they see something attractive. That's how they're wired.
Tbh I'm very blunt to most people but when it comes to situations like that I sorta freeze up and just get mega awkward and the guys seem to think that's a sign to carry on. Like Ive been stalked in bloody Asda and everything and I didn't know what to do. Its horrible.

That's what happened to me, I sorta froze..I was more frightened because it's scary when someone blocks ur path. The thing is i sorta justified myself that I'm not interested in anyway..but who is he he didn't even have to hear my voice. I should next time just walk on. I left with a heavy heart and guilt..it felt forced!
That's what happened to me, I sorta froze..I was more frightened because it's scary when someone blocks ur path. The thing is i sorta justified myself that I'm not interested in anyway..but who is he he didn't even have to hear my voice. I should next time just walk on. I left with a heavy heart and guilt..it felt forced!

Aww well dw. I get that feeling. Like I felt it was all my fault these guys were following me kus I had a little bit of makeup on and I felt so shaken and bad afterwards but thinking back it wasn't my fault these creeps were , well, creepy. Some guys are just like that and tbh next time just pretend u didnt hear and carry on walking. If he continues I would shout tbh so people start looking and he will be so embarrassed he will leave u alone :smile:
Aww well dw. I get that feeling. Like I felt it was all my fault these guys were following me kus I had a little bit of makeup on and I felt so shaken and bad afterwards but thinking back it wasn't my fault these creeps were , well, creepy. Some guys are just like that and tbh next time just pretend u didnt hear and carry on walking. If he continues I would shout tbh so people start looking and he will be so embarrassed he will leave u alone :smile:

Yeah tell me about it. My dad tells me if I wear make up I'll continue to attract the guys I don't want. There is an element of truth to that but guys should be respectful especially if I don't look like a girl who's asking for it! LOL I guess I will have to shout as my last option, even though my area is quite rough. Just 2 days ago there was a stabbing incident a road away.
I was going home this evening and this guy who thought we shared a 'moment' had stopped me and tried to start a conversation with me like telling me I looked exotic, asking me what I was studying, where I'm from ect. He seemed so full of energy, you wouldn't think he is creepy or anything. However, I had become this utterly shy person when I spoke to him, didn't seem confident and I told him I'm not active on social media because he wanted to be just "friends" on fb and that he would be so lucky if he just got a hi from me. He's a charmer and experienced but I was being polite and shy but he kept persisting in a non threatening way, i don't know why guys can't just leave girls alone at this point? when it wasn't getting anyway he went off and said have a good night. I could tell he was trying to sell himself to me..when I left it felt like such a relief!

It's not thirsty or creepy because men have always approached me this way and some of them have been really good looking, infact i met a model just walking down the street 6 months ago. I was really flattered but obviously if you do not like the look of someone you will think it's creepy but if it is someone you like and you end up being in a long relationship with them or friends then you will be glad they had the balls to aporoach you or you would never have met.
It's perfectly harmless and a great way to meet someone.
Not everyone has success meeting someone in clubs, bars, speed dating, Tinder and other social media so just asking a woman out on the street does work for some people. An ex friend met her fiance this way.
But i do hate the disgusting men who do it just so they can ask for a one night stand or say they do not want a relationship, just fun. I hate men who do that but if they are genuine and want a serious relationship/ girlfriend then there is nothing wrong with taking the chance.
Men are always saying hi to me too, but these men are all ages and old men but sometimes they do not try to follow it up with a conversation so i do find that weird because what is the point of that ? Although i am always glad they do not try to talk more after saying hi if i do not fancy them.

He was persistent because he was hoping you would change your mind or at least get your number
When men are persistent and will not go away i just lie and say i have a boyfriend but men are so stupid they will say well we can be just friends then i tell them my boyfriend would not like it but they still keep persisting. Those one's that can't take no for an answer are the idiots that get on my nerves but as long as they are polite or respectful then it's ok. I do not like men who get angry if i say no then start shouting do you think you are better than me ? But that only happened to me once and this is why sometimes i have to lie to them by saying i have a boyfriend so they will go away.
But i hate security guards asking me out because i feel uncomfortable to go back to the shop because i have to have a conversation with them every time i go there.
But if a man asks me out on the street i do not always see them again or i can avoid them by crossing the road
Reply 19

girls do this sort of thing too. On average around once every two weeks I will get either wolf whistled, shouted at from cars, or honked at by girls .....and im male.

I did not find it creepy, usually it has been a nice ego boost. Only on two occasions I did not like it, these girls I felt they were being out of order and not even treating me as human ...but like pure meat. It's funny because in the past when I wasn't getting no female attention I always thought girls who said they didn't like being treated like "meat" were making a fuss over nothing ..and it must be quite nice to have someone lusting over them like that. But the two occasions that happened that I was REALLY treated like meat I did not like it, and was infact Angry with the girls. They had no respect for me at all.

Jesus.I sound like a feminist..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending