The Student Room Group

Can't stop beating myself up over a failed romance

I dated this guy I REALLY liked for a few months a while back. He was really in to it to start with, and to begin with it was me holding back. The first time we had sex, it wasn't great as we were both very tied and nervous but the second time it was really good and he kept telling me how good it was.

I don't know what happened but after we'd been having sex a while he began to worry that I wasn't enjoying it and he said it was stressing him out. I don't make much noise and I'm quite shy and inexperienced but I kinda brushed it to one side. At the time he still seemed really in to me anyway.

So eventually he ended it and never really gave a clear reason. We had gotten on great and obviously there was an initial attracted. Now the only reason I can think of is the sex.

I just really can't help beating myself up about it. I now know for the future, but this guy was perfect :,(
Don't beat yourself up about it - it happens! And if it didn't work out, the guy isn't perfect for you :-) Sexual chemistry is important, but if he wasn't communicating with you if it was causing issues for him, your romance wouldn't have lasted long anyway. Keep your chin up and keep going - your perfect guy is out there :-)) Good luck! x
Original post by Anna.Karenina
Don't beat yourself up about it - it happens! And if it didn't work out, the guy isn't perfect for you :-) Sexual chemistry is important, but if he wasn't communicating with you if it was causing issues for him, your romance wouldn't have lasted long anyway. Keep your chin up and keep going - your perfect guy is out there :-)) Good luck! x

I can't say it better than this.
I don't know about anyone else, but it seemed like he was the thorn here because he shouldn't have ended things just because of sex. It's not your fault ffs. It's his selfish disgusting fault. Sorry if I offended you, because apparently you 'really liked him'.

But I would not like to simply leave it at that. I'm sure there were other reasons. As for you beating yourself up over it, don't - there's literally no point. If you or him couldn't identify any real faults, I'm sure that there were none. Hopefully it was a mutual breakup - that way you wouldn't feel as bad about it.

This is kind of unrelated, but don't forget you can always improve yourself in so many different ways, whether that's sexually, intellectually, physically, mentally, financially, spiritually etc etc. Don't stop evolving.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending