The Student Room Group

The FIFA Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lúcio
I could sell Griezmann for about 250k but he goes perfectly with my team since I have a lot of La Liga and Atletico players.

Sell or nah?

Nice.
Sell now. Price won't be higher than it is now.

But play a few games with him just for the Hotline Bling.
Original post by Rk2k14
Nice.
Sell now. Price won't be higher than it is now.

But play a few games with him just for the Hotline Bling.

I have Gameiro anyway who's been excellent for me

It's probably the right idea to sell tbh, it's just so nice having an 88 rated player :frown:
Honestly, how do you get better at this?

I am fine on single player (can usually win a draft or tournament on world class difficulty) but every time I try and go online I just get battered by everyone, i'm in division 9 which is almost the lowest one but everyone I play keeps cutting through my defence in 3 passes and scoring whereas I can never do anything to theirs.

I've tried to copy the players or formations they are using but it's made no difference, so it must be me being ****. Any suggestions?
Original post by sr90

I am fine on single player (can usually win a draft or tournament on world class difficulty) but every time I try and go online I just get battered by everyone, i'm in division 9 which is almost the lowest one but everyone I play keeps cutting through my defence in 3 passes and scoring whereas I can never do anything to theirs.

I've tried to copy the players or formations they are using but it's made no difference, so it must be me being ****. Any suggestions?

Start off with 5-3-2 and get used to the formation. The tighter defence should help you out and then start switching it up to more attacking formations.

Played the online draft. Piss easy. Found the offline one harder.
Got Navas which is pretty **** but he goes well in my team.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by sr90

I'm not very good online myself - I play 4-3-3 and start on ultra defensive with counterattack.

The extra bodies in defence will usually compensate and if you have pacey wingers on the counter, that should be a good start.

The best way to improve is to play players better than you. I'm happy to give you a few games if it helps?
Tbh, I find it easier to defend when I only control the midfield and let the AI control the CB. That way you won't give them any space or a free run on goal if you move your CB around hopelessly trying to tackle them and completely mistiming it. A lot easier said then done though.
Original post by Lúcio
I'm not very good online myself - I play 4-3-3 and start on ultra defensive with counterattack

The extra bodies in defence will usually compensate and if you have pacey wingers on the counter, that should be a good start.

The best way to improve is to play players better than you. I'm happy to give you a few games if it helps?

Do those make any difference? I've never really paid attention to all that, i've just left it on balanced

Now you've mentioned it everyone seems to be playing counterattacking :lol:
Original post by sr90
Do those make any difference? I've never really paid attention to all that, i've just left it on balanced

Now you've mentioned it everyone seems to be playing counterattacking :lol:

Play clubs x
Reply 6888
Thoughts on Luke scoring no goals

@Dirtybit @Kenan and Kel
Original post by SA-1

@Dirtybit @Kenan and Kel

Luke scoring no goals on Thoughts
I was feeding him as well
Original post by SA-1

@Dirtybit @Kenan and Kel

Thoughts on me reducing my goal count in order to assist you since you can't do anything on your own!!
Original post by SA-1
Slyly gay

Reported
Reply 6893
Original post by Dirtybit
Reported

For what exactly?
Original post by SA-1
For what exactly?

Homophobic comments.

The case will be dealt with shortly.

x
Reply 6895
Original post by Dirtybit
Homophobic comments.

The case will be dealt with shortly.

x

I didn't make a homophobic comment. Nothing against gay people.

You can't prove anything
Original post by SA-1
I didn't make a homophobic comment. Nothing against gay people.

You can't prove anything

Tell that to the judge!!
Original post by SA-1
For what exactly?

Also reported.
Reply 6898
Wooooooooooooow ok then, that's how you two want to play.

Victim of a very unfair society here.

Cool cool.
Original post by Gob Bluth
San Jose (81) was the best player I got from winning semi pro draft. Maybe need to notch up to professional? Though I struggle to score on world class.

Posted from TSR Mobile

AI difficulty apparently doesn't affect rewards in offline draft - it only affects coins received per game.

I play professional (because world class isn't always a guaranteed win) and I always seem to get a premium gold + jumbo premium gold as rewards.

I got Griezmann from one of those packs a few days ago so it isn't pre-determined by difficulty or anything :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest