The Student Room Group

I've completed my water conflicts notes for a2 geog!!!

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES, I AM SO HAPPPPPYYYY,

How's everyone else finding A2 Geography- there's a hell of a lot of case studies, bloody hell >:frown:

Just so glad to have got one topic done! @4am man, omg my sleeping pattern is ded.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by IRoranth
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES, I AM SO HAPPPPPYYYY,

How's everyone else finding A2 Geography- there's a hell of a lot of case studies, bloody hell >:frown:

Just so glad to have got one topic done! @4am man, omg my sleeping pattern is ded.

I totally agree with you A2 Geography has so many case studies and i've done my notes for Bridging the development gap and nearly done with Biodiversity under threat 🎉🎉 i'm actually struggling with Superpowers because Geography is the only social science i do and Superpowers links to History and Politics and it's so hard to understand.

How are you finding the other topics? Have you got any suggestions perhaps websites for any of the topics?
Reply 2
Original post by #Sabrina#
I totally agree with you A2 Geography has so many case studies and i've done my notes for Bridging the development gap and nearly done with Biodiversity under threat 🎉🎉 i'm actually struggling with Superpowers because Geography is the only social science i do and Superpowers links to History and Politics and it's so hard to understand.

How are you finding the other topics? Have you got any suggestions perhaps websites for any of the topics?

Biodiversity under threat is soooooo tedious! I don't know if it's just the way my teacher is teaching us (i.e. copying the textbook, lol) or just because it's a boring topic in general, Lol.

We've only studied Water + Biodiversity under threat at school so far, as well as a bit of Unit 4. Do you think we're going too slow D:

Websites- I don't really use many websites, just keeping up to date with the news via BBC in case there are some good, current, mini case studies for Energy, Water, Superpowers, etc.

Have you started Unit 4 yet?
Reply 3
A2 Geography is lyfe. :rock:

Yeah there's loads of case studies to learn, but if you learn it within the content itself, I find it easier and less time consuming. I just finished World Cities and now we're on Development and Globalisation and Tectonics! :excited:
Biodiversity under threat is soooooo tedious! I don't know if it's just the way my teacher is teaching us (i.e. copying the textbook, lol) or just because it's a boring topic in general, Lol.

We've only studied Water + Biodiversity under threat at school so far, as well as a bit of Unit 4. Do you think we're going too slow D:

Websites- I don't really use many websites, just keeping up to date with the news via BBC in case there are some good, current, mini case studies for Energy, Water, Superpowers, etc.

Have you started Unit 4 yet?

I love biodiversity because its so easy, we haven't started unit 4 yet but we're going to after biodiversity. I don't think you're going to slow at school becuase we started A2 straight after our As exam so we finished development before the summer holidays and we have 2 Geography teachers so they teach us different topics. I really hope we dont have to learn the technological fix... what do you think the pre-release material will be this year ?
Original post by aamirac

Yeah there's loads of case studies to learn, but if you learn it within the content itself, I find it easier and less time consuming. I just finished World Cities and now we're on Development and Globalisation and Tectonics! :excited:

Yea gotta love Geography if you've done superpowers let me know of any good case studies :smile:
Reply 6
I love biodiversity because its so easy, we haven't started unit 4 yet but we're going to after biodiversity. I don't think you're going to slow at school becuase we started A2 straight after our As exam so we finished development before the summer holidays and we have 2 Geography teachers so they teach us different topics. I really hope we dont have to learn the technological fix... what do you think the pre-release material will be this year ?

Isn't it compulsory for us to learn the technological fix?

Hmm, I haven't really thought about the pre-release, but from the top of my head, I feel like it'll be something to do with socio-economic status, (just a wild guess, would be funny if I was right!) D:
Are you doing Pollution and Human Health at Risk, too??
Reply 7
Original post by aamirac

Ooooh a tip :biggrin:
What do you mean by 'if you learn it within the content itself.' ?

Reply 8
Ooooh a tip :biggrin:
What do you mean by 'if you learn it within the content itself.' ?

Sorry I should've explained myself better. I mean to say that when revising I find it really helpful going through my notes and constantly be linking it back to the relevant case study.
So for example in World Cities we do a topic on urban decline so it would go, urban decline --> characteristics of urban decline --> CS specific detail about the characteristic of urban decline and keep going through like that so you can really understand what's going on in terms of content and the CS.

(CS=Case Study)
Isn't it compulsory for us to learn the technological fix?

Hmm, I haven't really thought about the pre-release, but from the top of my head, I feel like it'll be something to do with socio-economic status, (just a wild guess, would be funny if I was right!) D:
Are you doing Pollution and Human Health at Risk, too??

We find out what the pre release is before April if it is the technological fix then we learn it so its not compulsory at our school.
Is pollution and human health at risk in unit four coz for us unit four is tectonics
In unit 3 were doing energy, biodiversity, superpowers and the development gap
Reply 10
We find out what the pre release is before April if it is the technological fix then we learn it so its not compulsory at our school.
Is pollution and human health at risk in unit four coz for us unit four is tectonics
In unit 3 were doing energy, biodiversity, superpowers and the development gap

Yeah, pollution + human health at risk is unit 4, also- interesting about the technological fix unit- you're lucky- we have to learn them all, regardless :frown:

Same for unit 3.

Good luck :u:

Quick Reply

Latest