The Student Room Group

How many hours do you study a day for A level

Not including lessons.
I don't have a set schedule, I might not revise at all for two weeks then revise for six hours.
Reply 2
well at AS i did about 10 minutes a day in exam month at the most :/ .. kind of regret it but meh however intending on doing about 2.5 hours a day from November this year .. hopefully.
Reply 3
Teachers reccommend 15hrs a week (+hw time) but I say as much as it takes to consolidate
20 hours a day, with 4 hours sleep
Reply 5
Only doing some revision for Biology here and then. No need for me to revise my other subjects - so far away from exams that i'll just forget it.
Reply 6
Original post by England113
Not including lessons.

I tried to spend an hour on each subject every day
Original post by England113
Not including lessons.

I don't know if it's just me, lol, but I hate timetables... like if I make one, I just feel like a robot?

If you're not into timetabling like me, then I suggest you just go for it and revise for whatever feels right- like do what you want (obviously don't give in to yourself and revise for the shortest time possible, but make your revision feel as if you've actually understood something- rather than putting a timescale on everything).

e.g. To revise 5 pages of notes you made in class- this doesn't have to be done in 1 hour (or it could if you want!), but put it at a deadline of what suits you best- so this is how I would change this up: "2.5 pages of X on Monday, other 2.5 pages of X on Tuesday", along with other subjects too.

Just make sure you have some* sleep! (Lol, the irony as I type this at 04:37am)

Hope I made sense, :biggrin:

*at least 8 hours yeh, very important.
Reply 8
Don't count I just bang it out

Quick Reply

Latest