The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5780
Original post by Leukocyte
That's funny 😂

:biggrin:
Good luck on Sunday! 😉
Original post by IdeasForLife
Good alhamdulillah. Days been a bit slow lol. What about yours? What did you get upto?

Same, bit slow today, not much really. Mostly revision and gym inbetween. :biggrin: Fridays are generally quiet...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by h333
:biggrin:
Good luck on Sunday! 😉

Thanks lol

MashaAllah.

[video="youtube;pma8GMAEGys"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pma8GMAEGys[/video]
I know that fasting on Friday isn't allowed but what if you did fast on a Friday not knowing it was a Friday, you realise in the afternoon and don't want to break it, does it still count?
Original post by h333
Awww :hugs: I so feel you...I miss my cousins who don't live here so much 😢
You have me (remember I am here for you insha'Allah) dont say that 😔😘

:lovehug:
Original post by h333

Insha'Allah yeah full sleeves is best :h:
She does not need to know :colone:

well she will find out if something is fishy :colone: less pieces left :lol:
Original post by Enginerd.
Same, bit slow today, not much really. Mostly revision and gym inbetween. :biggrin: Fridays are generally quiet...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds like a normal friday for a student :tongue:
I know that fasting on Friday isn't allowed but what if you did fast on a Friday not knowing it was a Friday, you realise in the afternoon and don't want to break it, does it still count?

Not sure sorry.
Duas - Remembrance In the morning and evening
اللَّهُمَّ أَنْتَ رَبِّي لَّا إِلَهَ إِلَّا أَنْتَ، خَلَقْتَنِي وَأَنَا عَبْدُكَ، وَأَنَا عَلَى عَهْدِكَ وَوَعْدِكَ مَا اسْتَطَعْتُ، أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّ مَا صَنَعْتُ، أَبُوءُ لَكَ بِنِعْمَتِكَ عَلَيَّ، وَأَبُوءُ بِذَنْبِي فَاغْفِر لِي فَإِنَّهُ لَا يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ إِلَّا أَنْتَ
Allaahumma 'Anta Rabbee laa 'ilaaha 'illaa 'Anta, khalaqtanee wa 'anaa 'abduka, wa 'anaa 'alaa 'ahdika wa wa'dika mas-tata'tu, 'a'oothu bika min sharri maa sana'tu, 'aboo'u laka bini'matika 'alayya, wa 'aboo'u bithanbee faghfir lee fa'innahu laa yaghfiruth-thunooba 'illaa 'Anta.
O Allah, You are my Lord, there is none worthy of worship but You. You created me and I am your slave. I keep Your covenant, and my pledge to You so far as I am able. I seek refuge in You from the evil of what I have done. I admit to Your blessings upon me, and I admit to my misdeeds. Forgive me, for there is none who may forgive sins but You.(Whoever recites this with conviction in the evening and dies during that night shall enter Paradise, and whoever recites it with conviction in the morning and dies during that day shall enter Paradise.)
السلام عليك ورحمة الله وبركاته
Thank you for the responses yesterday.

Always remember to tell your parents to make dua for you...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lifeisterrible99
yep life is always terrible to me :frown:
just things that i dont understand and dont know how to overcome :erm:

Subhanallah. Sometimes we do get overwhelmed by circumstances. Yet this is the very thing that enables us to build who we are, become better and learn from our experiences; it reminds us, renewing the realisation that there is One in control of all matters and that we can only do so much.

Original post by Enginerd.
I guess so, they ruined the newer CODs with the exo suits though... not for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah m8, cod:aw was good, I thought.

Original post by User1212
I feel quite positive today for a change, Alhamdulillah.

Alhamdulillah :h:

i am feeling better now since i started praying "regularly" :teeth:
great :yy:

Alhamdulillah, "Certainly, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest". SubhaanAllah. Prayer is a time when we detach ourselves from everyday worries to focus solely on our relationship with our Rabb, when all else is put on hold whilst we spend time in His company, when no difficulty is more overwhelming, nor pain from any sadness, has a greater hold of our hearts than the love of Allah and our awe of His Majesty.

Original post by beyrouthi
Sorry if this is an awkward question.
In your communities would you say that generally most Muslims keep their virginity till marriage?

Yes, alhamdulillah. WAllahu a'lam

Original post by IdeasForLife
Asalaamualaykum, I hope you are all doing good.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wa alaykum assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Imhu, there is no issue - the dislikedness of fasting on Friday in particular, on its own, avoids misconception that it is a fast holding greater merit than that of other days, etc. Thus fasting regularly just on Friday is disliked. Please check with a person of knowledge :h:

https://islamqa.info/en/20049
Original post by ash92:)
Subhanallah. Sometimes we do get overwhelmed by circumstances. Yet this is the very thing that enables us to build who we are, become better and learn from our experiences; it reminds us, renewing the realisation that there is One in control of all matters and that we can only do so much.

Nah m8, cod:aw was good, I thought.

Alhamdulillah :h:

Alhamdulillah, "Certainly, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest". SubhaanAllah. Prayer is a time when we detach ourselves from everyday worries to focus solely on our relationship with our Rabb, when all else is put on hold whilst we spend time in His company, when no difficulty is more overwhelming, nor pain from any sadness, has a greater hold of our hearts than the love of Allah and our awe of His Majesty.

Yes, alhamdulillah. WAllahu a'lam

Wa alaykum assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Imhu, there is no issue - the dislikedness of fasting on Friday in particular, on its own, avoids misconception that it is a fast holding greater merit than that of other days, etc. Thus fasting regularly just on Friday is disliked. Please check with a person of knowledge :h:

https://islamqa.info/en/20049

JZK. It's permissible in my case.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Assalamu alaykum. Hope you're well inshaAllah

Posted from TSR Mobile
Legit laughing out loud.

llol
most do and i personally feel that its much safer because you cant really trust a person nowadays :K:
but then most don't because they are trying to adapt western culture i guess or maybe they haven't been taught about sexual intercourse and curious to try i guess....

Original post by h333
I assume most do, especially the girls. I expect so anyway insha'Allah.

Most of the Muslims I know in my community seem to think sex before marriage is fine as long as you're in a committed relationship. Was just wondering how common this mindset was
(edited 7 years ago)
[video="youtube;8D6J_JbvjsI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8D6J_JbvjsI[/video]

I was gonna post this exact video yesterday but I lost it lol
Then I come on ISOC to see it Alhamdulilah XD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Squish•
i like dawahman's work but i can't help but just sit and feel really uncomfortable when he cries and i'm just watching lol

His last video on shias right lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
His last video on shias right lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah lol i dunno what to do just watching him cry it's so weird for me haha. also in other videos he does it too
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by beyrouthi
Most of the Muslims I know in my community seem to think sex before marriage is fine as long as you're in a committed relationship. Was just wondering how common this mindset was

Nah that's just going against the quran to think it's permissible. It's not allowed and one of most major sins. If you have done it then you can obviously be forgiven and are supposed to hide any bad from ur past but saying that it's okay or permissible is wrong. If they say they are in a committed relationship, a marriage is an honest committed relationship. How can you committed if you aren't wanting to marry them?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Squish•
Yeah lol i dunno what to do just watching him cry it's so weird for me haha. also in other videos he does it too

Although I'm not a fan of his it makes me sad to see him cry lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
Although I'm not a fan of his it makes me sad to see him cry lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahahahaha lol it makes me the opposite coz i just wanna listen and get what i want from the video and not cringe or feel uncomfortable! i think that's just how he is but watching him do it is so like 'uuuuuh' for me (not sure the word). sometimes i stop watching because i dunno what to do
You aren't a fan of him, or his crying?
(edited 7 years ago)
Salams!

Guys shall I start my own blog?

Latest

Trending

Trending