The Student Room Group

Maths November re-take grade boundary predictions?

Ok, so after achieving a highly disappointing B, I decided to re-take Maths, as many of you know, the re-takes are next week, so does anybody have any predictions on what the grade boundaries will be like this time around? I know it was 70 for A and 85 for A* in June, will the same be true for these, or slightly lower perhaps? Thankyou for any (possible) replies.
Original post by AnonymousEric
Ok, so after achieving a highly disappointing B, I decided to re-take Maths, as many of you know, the re-takes are next week, so does anybody have any predictions on what the grade boundaries will be like this time around? I know it was 70 for A and 85 for A* in June, will the same be true for these, or slightly lower perhaps? Thankyou for any (possible) replies.

Last year's November was 167 for an A* and 135 for an A I think it probably will be a little higher than that considering 2016 June was 170 for an A* and 140 for an A.
Original post by Illimitable
Last year's November was 167 for an A* and 135 for an A I think it probably will be a little higher than that considering 2016 June was 170 for an A* and 140 for an A.

So you think around 68-69 for A and 83-84 for A* then? Sounds about right to me, thanks.
So you think around 68-69 for A and 83-84 for A* then? Sounds about right to me, thanks.

Are you on about for 1 paper how much it will be for an A-A*?
They only seem to get higher or stagnant every year, so at least 70 for an A and at least 85 for an A*.
Original post by Fractite
They only seem to get higher or stagnant every year, so at least 70 for an A and at least 85 for an A*.

Is this for only one paper out of 100?
Is this for only one paper out of 100?

I'm just dividing /200 by 2 to give what you need per paper.
Original post by Fractite

That seems strangely high, but you may be right.
I think it will be in between June 2016 grade boundaries and November 2015. Probably about 69/68 marks on both papers for an A.
I'm just dividing /200 by 2 to give what you need per paper.

Ohh for A* I'd say like 86 or 87 for one paper for an A*
Original post by MajorFader
I think it will be in between June 2016 grade boundaries and November 2015. Probably about 69/68 marks on both papers for an A.

I'd say like 75 or more on one paper for an A
Reply 11

:angry:
I'd say like 75 or more on one paper for an A

They're too high I think. 140 for an A is considered pretty high, infact I don't think it's ever been higher, so 150 seems too high.
They're too high I think. 140 for an A is considered pretty high, infact I don't think it's ever been higher, so 150 seems too high.

I guess so last year was 140 for an A they can easily increase or decrease depending on how easy the questions will be. Like 2015 June I think it was 120 for an A because the paper was hard.
Original post by AshEntropy
:angry:

What's wrong with that? He probably wanted an A or better.
I can almost garentee that they will go down as in June lots of mature students were taking the subject meaning 16 year olds were sitting the same paper as experienced, well driven adults . Adults were likely only to take maths and English so could revise and get top grades within the 2 subjects a lot easier causing an increase in grade boundaries . However the November series is just for retake 16 year olds meaning the grade boundaries should be the same as usual ( 2015 and before) hope this helps
Original post by Thelabtatpast
I can almost garentee that they will go down as in June lots of mature students were taking the subject meaning 16 year olds were sitting the same paper as experienced, well driven adults . Adults were likely only to take maths and English so could revise and get top grades within the 2 subjects a lot easier causing an increase in grade boundaries . However the November series is just for retake 16 year olds meaning the grade boundaries should be the same as usual ( 2015 and before) hope this helps

I didn't think of it that way, thanks, indeed you are probably right, or at least hopefully correct.
I didn't think of it that way, thanks, indeed you are probably right, or at least hopefully correct.

I wouldn't expect a massive decrease though.
Tbh there is no point in thinking about the boundaries, just try and do the best you can. Nobody knows what's they are going to be anyway (only approximations).

Best of luck old chap 😉

Quick Reply

Latest