The Student Room Group

Where Learning Begins

Hello! :smile:

So, what subjects are you studying?

I am currenlty studying A Levels at college (first year at college) The subjects that I am currenlty taking are Computer Science (AQA) , IT (AQA) and English Language (AQA). I am also doing Level 3 Core Maths (AQA).

How are you finding college?

Erm.. College is good. Much better than high school in my opinion. You have a lot more breaks and you also have more time to 'yourself.' I enjoy doing A Levels at my college as the teachers there are available to help you. If I put in my own effort (revising in free periods) and the teacher puts in their effort (giving support and marking work on time) then I think I'll pass all my A Levels.

What are you hoping to acheive by the end of your first year of A Levels?

Well.. I would like to pass all my A Levels (when I mean pass I mean get a C or above in all subjects) I would like to get ABBB. (A for IT) To be honest, it would be a dream to come true if I was to pass all my A Levels.

I am going to post here weekly about what happened at college, any work I've received, my feelings about the subjects - you get the idea.

Anyways, I really hope you enjoy my blog!

Blog updates

November

Spoiler

December

Spoiler

How I take my notes

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

So is a blog you speaking to yourself?
Original post by ak143244
Hello!

So, what subjects are you studying?

I am currenlty studying A Levels at college (first year of college) The subjects that I am taking are Computing, IT and English Language. I am also doing Level 3 Core Maths.

How are you finding college?

Erm.. College is good. Much better than high school in my opinion. You have a lot more breaks and have more time to 'yourself.' I enjoy doing A Levels at my college as the teachers there are available to help you. If I put in my own effort (revising in free periods) and the teacher puts in their effort (giving support and marking work on time) then I think I'll pass all my A Levels.

What are you hoping to acheive by the end of your first year of A Levels?

Well.. I would like to pass all my A Levels (when I mean pass I mean get a C or above in all subjects) I would like to get ABBB. (A for IT) I mean it would be a dream to come true if I was to pass all my A Levels.

I am going to post here weekly about what happened at college, any work I've received, my feelings about the subjects - you get the idea.
If I was post here daily, it would get repetitive and would get boring, right?

Anyways, I really hope you enjoy my blog!

good start so far :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Squish•
So is a blog you speaking to yourself?

Not really :/
Not really :/

oh but u asked urself questions and answered?
Reply 5
Original post by mariam687
good start so far :smile:

That's just the summary of what I'm doing atm. I'll probably have a small paragraph of what I've done each week.
Reply 6
Original post by Squish•
oh but u asked urself questions and answered?

Oh no that's just like a summary of what I'm doing lol
Like it's better if I do it in that format.
(edited 7 years ago)
Oh no that's just like a summary of what I'm doing lol
Like it's better if I do it in that format.

oh so a blog is like writing something as if you are being asked the questions that people ask to get to know about!!!!!you*R03!!
Reply 8
Original post by Squish•
oh so a blog is like writing something as if you are being asked the questions that people ask to get to know about!!!!!you*R03!!

Yeah but every week I'm going to have like an update on what's happened at college and stuff like that, you'll see :smile:
Reply 9
So far so good!
I see you're taking English Lang, is it good?
I do English Lit. It can be boring at times :lol:
Computing as in computer science?
a good start
keep on doing well :h:
Reply 11
Original post by MnkyPolo
So far so good!
I see you're taking English Lang, is it good?
I do English Lit. It can be boring at times :lol:
Computing as in computer science?

Yeah, English Language is more analysis.You compare different types of text and say what the message is etc.

Yep, Computer science. It's okay atm, programming is really hard :/
Yeah, English Language is more analysis.You compare different types of text and say what the message is etc.

Yep, Computer science. It's okay atm, programming is really hard :/

Oh right! My sixth form didn't offer English Language :redface:
Plus, this year is so packed because I have to go over last years work but i'm glad because i do not have to read Wuthering Heights. That book confused me so much.

what part of programming makes it hard?
do you have coursework?
Reply 13
Oh right! My sixth form didn't offer English Language :redface:
Plus, this year is so packed because I have to go over last years work but i'm glad because i do not have to read Wuthering Heights. That book confused me so much.

what part of programming makes it hard?
do you have coursework?

Oh right :redface:
Oh, I'm not into books, that's why I didn't pick English Lit.

Have you heard of C#? We used that programming language and it's so different to python. The teacher is okay but she expects you to know it and practise it before you come in lesson.
No, I don't think so. I'm more of an exam type of person - that's why I had chosen A Levels over BTEC Level 3.
Oh right :redface:
Oh, I'm not into books, that's why I didn't pick English Lit.

Have you heard of C#? We used that programming language and it's so different to python. The teacher is okay but she expects you to know it and practise it before you come in lesson.
No, I don't think so. I'm more of an exam type of person - that's why I had chosen A Levels over BTEC Level 3.

oh no i've never heard of C#
maybe that was an old spec because it did have coursework not sure what percent though.
Computing sounds hard.
Reply 15
oh no i've never heard of C#
maybe that was an old spec because it did have coursework not sure what percent though.
Computing sounds hard.

Yeah we're doing the new spec.
Hmm.. pray for me! :smile:
Yeah we're doing the new spec.
Hmm.. pray for me! :smile:

makes sense
Will do! Pray for me too please.
I need good grades :frown:
Reply 17
makes sense