The Student Room Group

Do you drink alcohol?

Poll

Do you drink acohol?

So how many TSRians drink?
I myself dont and never intend to, dont see the point.

If you do: State why
If you dont State why

I dont because i just dont see the appeal of getting drunk, doing things i then regret and then having a hangover.
Plus it tastes horrible :yucky:

Your turn :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I do drink but I have only been full on drunk about 2 or 3 times. I love getting merry and tipsy but not intoxicated to the point I can't remember anything, I can barely stand or I puke. Been that way a couple of times and it was hellish. I know my limits now :smile: I drink because I enjoy it. I don't drink every time I am out or meeting friends but it is nice to have the option. I prefer drinking at home with a few cans of cider while I watch movies or play games as opposed to going out to pubs or clubs.

I mainly drink Strongbow but JD is my all time favourite :love: I would say I drink 2-3 times a week but that is just at home like I said above. I only drink out in pubs maybe about once or twice a month and that's just with a bar lunch, not a drink on its own usually. I was tee total for a year and a half due to my health and that also showed me that I can have fun without drinking but its nice to be able to drink again, if I choose to.
Not anymore, I don't like the feeling of being tipsy and it's something I wouldn't want to spend money on anymore.
Original post by Spock's Socks
I do drink but I have only been full on drunk about 2 or 3 times. I love getting merry and tipsy but not intoxicated to the point I can't remember anything, I can barely stand or I puke. Been that way a couple of times and it was hellish. I know my limits now :smile: I drink because I enjoy it. I don't drink every time I am out or meeting friends but it is nice to have the option. I prefer drinking at home with a few cans of cider while I watch movies or play games as opposed to going out to pubs or clubs.

I mainly drink Strongbow but JD is my all time favourite :love: I would say I drink 2-3 times a week but that is just at home like I said above. I only drink out in pubs maybe about once or twice a month and that's just with a bar lunch, not a drink on its own usually. I was tee total for a year and a half due to my health and that also showed me that I can have fun without drinking but its nice to be able to drink again, if I choose to.

Youre answers are always superb! :smile:

What did it feel like to be totally drunk? But glad you dont get that far nowadays :smile:
Ah yeah i can understand it being nice to have the option :smile: Gives more freedom in what you can hsve :smile:
That does sound the best way to do tbh, having it whilst relaxing in the evening :smile:

Nice one :smile:
That is a nice amount tbh, you can control it and that is very good :smile: Lots of people go overboard but youre sensible and know when to stop :smile:
Ah i dont blame you for that, and yeah lots of fun can be had without it :smile:
Yeah i can understandd that :smile:

Original post by claireestelle
Not anymore, I don't like the feeling of being tipsy and it's something I wouldn't want to spend money on anymore.

Ah right insee, what does it feel like exactly?
Dont blame you tbh, nice to know im not the only one :smile:
Yes, but not often, for some reason I don't feel any different when I drink, so I only drink for the taste.
No because health effects
Yeah, I do like a drink I must admit! I don't drink often at all though. I have a big night out every few months, and buy the occasional bottle of wine for home. I have a little cupboard full of spirits, but I tend to take them to parties and rather than drinking them at home. It's just something that I enjoy doing
Original post by FireFreezer77
Youre answers are always superb! :smile:

What did it feel like to be totally drunk? But glad you dont get that far nowadays :smile:
Ah yeah i can understand it being nice to have the option :smile: Gives more freedom in what you can hsve :smile:
That does sound the best way to do tbh, having it whilst relaxing in the evening :smile:

Nice one :smile:
That is a nice amount tbh, you can control it and that is very good :smile: Lots of people go overboard but youre sensible and know when to stop :smile:
Ah i dont blame you for that, and yeah lots of fun can be had without it :smile:
Yeah i can understandd that :smile:

Ah right insee, what does it feel like exactly?
Dont blame you tbh, nice to know im not the only one :smile:

It's makes me already badly coordinated brain a fair bit worse really.
Reply 8
I drink because it helps me to become more confident and without any alcohol I just feel slightly uncomfortable at parties. I would also never dance without alcohol. Luckily I don't really get hangovers and have become used to the taste so I don't mind drinking at all.

Really respect people who can be at parties etc without alcohol though. Just makes me feel uncomfortable.

On that note, I am planning on drinking less after passing out and waking up in hospital last weekend. :colondollar:
Reply 9
Ever since i heard 1/3 of Doctors are alcoholics, i got put off alcohol completely. It is really fun, but when you start drinking to relieve stress and pressure it leads down a murky path... better to rely on friends and family :smile:
Original post by NotNotBatman
Yes, but not often, for some reason I don't feel any different when I drink, so I only drink for the taste.

Oh wow that must be awesome then!
What do you dink that tastes good?

Original post by saraxh
No because health effects

Aw, youre not old enough anyway :wink: But best to stick to the good stuff :smile:

Original post by chelseadagg3r
Yeah, I do like a drink I must admit! I don't drink often at all though. I have a big night out every few months, and buy the occasional bottle of wine for home. I have a little cupboard full of spirits, but I tend to take them to parties and rather than drinking them at home. It's just something that I enjoy doing

Nothing wrong with that :smile:
Ah nice one, must be good fun then :biggrin:
Ah nice tontreat yourself! :biggrin:
Hmm fsir enough whats your fav of your spirits?
Well may aswell do it then :yep:

PS: Youre getting a follow :yep:

Original post by claireestelle
It's makes me already badly coordinated brain a fair bit worse really.

Aw dont say that, your perfectly coordinated :smile:
Aw well i can understand that

Aw, youre not old enough anyway :wink: But best to stick to the good stuff :smile:

I've had appleton estate which is quite nice. Barcadi elixir tastes really good. Some other red wine I don't know the name of and kopparberg mixed fruit which has hardly any alcohol at all.
I don't atm and don't intend to in the future.
Personally, I don't want to get drunk and do stuff I won't remember or may regret the following day, or get hungover. I also dislike the taste of what (very little I will admit) I have tried so far, and have very bad memories linked to it. In moderation it may be good but with the health risks (depending on how much you drink) I don't really want to put my body through that. I don't really like the smell either.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I drink about a glass of cider every week or two.
I'm a sixth form student and even though it's only a glass my parents are SOO careful its ridiculous. I take just one sip and they're like "DON'T CHUG IT LOUIS UR GONNA GET DRUNK" like, mate i really DONT want to get drunk, i've heard enough death stories. calm yourselves people.

To be honest, cider is the only alcohol i like, tried other stuff but it either doesn't taste nice or makes me feel like my throats burning away as if i've drunk bleach. I only drink it because it's nice.... plus i may or may not have brewed 25 half litre bottles of it in one go (had potential to make about 40 XD) and i'm the only one who likes cider and with over precautious parents..... who knows how long itll be

tl;dr once a week or two, it's nice, accidently brewed too much, parents are too precautious :/

In my cupboard at the moment, I have a decent bottle of vodka, cherry vodka, amaretto, and Southern Comfort. I think at the moment, the SC is my favourite. I'll probably end up stocking up over Christmas when all of the offers are on :laugh: I need a case of cider or two. Haven't treated myself to one in a couple of years!

:woo: You too, my friend! :woo:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 15
No
bc I'm Muslim and it's forbidden to me
But if it wasn't I would wanna try it not even gonna lie xP

I have a developmental coordination disorder so no I m quite clumsy actually but it doesn't bother me as much on a daily basis as it used to :smile:
I tend to be at the pub most nights of the week, don't always drink but normally have a cider, it's where all my friends go, and it's always a fun, homely atmosphere
Original post by NotNotBatman
I've had appleton estate which is quite nice. Barcadi elixir tastes really good. Some other red wine I don't know the name of and kopparberg mixed fruit which has hardly any alcohol at all.

No idea what that is :tongue:
Again no idea, but yeah they all sound fancy :tongue:

Original post by Matrix123
I don't atm and don't intend to in the future.
Personally, I don't want to get drunk and do stuff I won't remember or may regret the following day, or get hungover. I also dislike the taste of what (very little I will admit) I have tried so far, and have very bad memories linked to it. In moderation it may be good but with the health risks (depending on how much you drink) I don't really want to put my body through that. I don't really like the smell either.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:five: Great to hear! :biggrin:
I dont blame you tbh, it doesnt sound very appealing does it?!
A little is enougn to make you dislike it :yep:
Aw sorry to hear about the bad memories :console:
It may be but is there any proof? No i dont blame you tbh, its best to keep your body healthy :smile: And im sure yours is perfect :smile:
Fair enough.

Original post by chelseadagg3r
In my cupboard at the moment, I have a decent bottle of vodka, cherry vodka, amaretto, and Southern Comfort. I think at the moment, the SC is my favourite. I'll probably end up stocking up over Christmas when all of the offers are on :laugh: I need a case of cider or two. Haven't treated myself to one in a couple of years!

:woo: You too, my friend! :woo:

Hmm nice one :smile:
What does Vodka taste of exactly?
Nice one! That does seem a popular one tbh :yep:
Haha may aswell! Best time to get them all! And you never know, you may get gifted some too :biggrin:
Whoa then you defo desrve to treat yourself!

:woo: WoopWoop! :biggrin: Thankyou my friend :biggrin: :woo:
Hmm nice one :smile:
What does Vodka taste of exactly?
Nice one! That does seem a popular one tbh :yep:
Haha may aswell! Best time to get them all! And you never know, you may get gifted some too :biggrin:
Whoa then you defo desrve to treat yourself!

:woo: WoopWoop! :biggrin: Thankyou my friend :biggrin: :woo:

It's hard to describe. I bought a cheap Co-Op's own brand one once and it burned my lips and just tasted and smelled of paint thinner. It was so bad :laugh: The cherry one I have is amazing though. Nice and smooth, and tastes of real, fresh cherries :awesome:

Quick Reply

Latest