The Student Room Group

Going home on weekends from uni

So I am currently at home come back from uni for the weekend for the first time, my family have been great and friends too

I don't know but I just feel like I don't belong here anymore and my place is at uni, I'm just pretty bored
I know what you are saying. I've been back a couple times now, and ultimately while I have loved seeing my parents and siblings I have found it pretty boring and hat I miss uni.
Reply 2
Original post by Miser101
So I am currently at home come back from uni for the weekend for the first time, my family have been great and friends too

I don't know but I just feel like I don't belong here anymore and my place is at uni, I'm just pretty bored

Original post by Kay_Winters
I know what you are saying. I've been back a couple times now, and ultimately while I have loved seeing my parents and siblings I have found it pretty boring and hat I miss uni.

I relate tbh but I feel like in a few months we're gonna miss it and look forward to going back home
maybe it's the excitement of finally being independent :tongue:
Reply 3
Original post by z33
I relate tbh but I feel like in a few months we're gonna miss it and look forward to going back home
maybe it's the excitement of finally being independent :tongue:

Yeah it has a lot to do with being independent, before uni living at home and following the rules of the house was everything I ever knew and was completely normal because I never knew anything else but when you start to live alone you think "I can do what I want now, when I want to" and this has become natural to me now I'm asian (Indian) aswell so where pretty big on family and the rest of that now I'm thinking to myself I just want to move out after uni from my parents and family, I love them but having your own place is so much better
Then dont go home as often or at all.
Reply 5
Yeah it has a lot to do with being independent, before uni living at home and following the rules of the house was everything I ever knew and was completely normal because I never knew anything else but when you start to live alone you think "I can do what I want now, when I want to" and this has become natural to me now I'm asian (Indian) aswell so where pretty big on family and the rest of that now I'm thinking to myself I just want to move out after uni from my parents and family, I love them but having your own place is so much better

lol don't tell them that and don't make comparisons between your uni home and your family home bc trust me - they don't appreciate it :afraid:
i come home on the weekends...i go back to uni tomorrow and i'm dreading it :/ wish uni was more fun

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by bubblegumcat
i come home on the weekends...i go back to uni tomorrow and i'm dreading it :/ wish uni was more fun

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm just missing the girls if I'm honest, looking at what everyones doing on snapchat halloween weekend, missing out big time but it's mainly the girls tbh
I'm just missing the girls if I'm honest, looking at what everyones doing on snapchat halloween weekend, missing out big time but it's mainly the girls tbh

i'm not a party person so can't relate haha, i don't even look forward to going home on weekends anymore, but i'd still rather be at home than at uni

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
i'm not a party person so can't relate haha, i don't even look forward to going home on weekends anymore, but i'd still rather be at home than at uni

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I don't party either or drink, I think its boring and stupid I would much rather take someone out for dinner or go out for coffee.

I was a bit like yourself when I started uni but I just got involved with uni life, got myself involved in charity work, societies and I really enjoy uni now
Oh I don't party either or drink, I think its boring and stupid I would much rather take someone out for dinner or go out for coffee.

I was a bit like yourself when I started uni but I just got involved with uni life, got myself involved in charity work, societies and I really enjoy uni now

i agree i'd rather go out with someone for dinner, yeah i should start getting involved with societies now..😂😂😬 i've been putting them off hopefully it's not too late to go to them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
i agree i'd rather go out with someone for dinner, yeah i should start getting involved with societies now..😂😂😬 i've been putting them off hopefully it's not too late to go to them

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh it's not too late at all if the society has a facebook page then send them a DM and they'll send you the details to join and they'll keep you informed of the social events, its a good opportunity to network with other students from different courses. University is a great opportunity to build your professional network and build connections I'm from the North West I have connections there aswell as the North East which is where I go Uni. I look at uni like I've spent 9K a year to build my future so I've got to take every good opportunity to make my dreams come true (Dreams come true sounds a bit cliched sorry haha)

As for the dinner ah maybe haha

Hello,

This is quite a common way to feel. It's because you've took the steps to becoming independent and as you've done so, you've adapted to an independent way of life and can live by yourself.

You'll adjust to the difference!

Good luck!

Quick Reply