The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lúcio
I have 49 points from 5 players (before BPs)

You still happy with the Ibra captain? :wink:

52 for me so far so won't complain too much (after bonus). Some noobs left, though. Holebas is essential! 33 from 4 games.

The sitters he missed though. Statistical anomaly. But he's gone for sure. Just need to find a striker I want.
(edited 7 years ago)
Britos 4.4 three clean sheets in a row 😁. Deeney given assist as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1402
Think this week and last week is proving that Coutinho is the Liverpool attacker to have, he has been superb, glad I brought him in for Mane this week, considered Firmino and Lallana as well, but looks like I made the right decision there.
Original post by Olie
Think this week and last week is proving that Coutinho is the Liverpool attacker to have, he has been superb, glad I brought him in for Mane this week, considered Firmino and Lallana as well, but looks like I made the right decision there.

I've been preaching Firmino because he tends to score more, but Coutinho's consistency has been ridiculous.
The rate at which he assists is unreal.

Might change to Coutinho but then I just know Firmino will go on a mad one 😂
It's like throwing three colours of paint at a wall and seeing what sticks. One week it's Coutinho next week it's Firmino then it's Mane. Owning 2 of the 3 should put you in a good position

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
It's like throwing three colours of paint at a wall and seeing what sticks. One week it's Coutinho next week it's Firmino then it's Mane. Owning 2 of the 3 should put you in a good position

Posted from TSR Mobile

Coutinho and Firmino is probably the way to go - even if Mané scores, it's almost always gonna be assisted by one of those two.
Not doing Payet to Coutinho and doing Ibra captain has stopped me getting around 85-90. Sorry for not listening.

Panicked when I saw it was 3-2 as i only have Lovren.
On the other hand, that's what Firmino gives you.

Coutinho 2 assists = 6 pts
Firmino 1 goal = 5 pts

It's such a tough choice but I think the difference is that Coutinho always seems to do something every week.
Original post by Lúcio
Coutinho and Firmino is probably the way to go - even if Mané scores, it's almost always gonna be assisted by one of those two.

Mane seems to do more in your home games whereas Coutinho is more effective away. I completely forgot I brought Lovren into my team this week, might end up with a decent score

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
Mane seems to do more in your home games whereas Coutinho is more effective away. I completely forgot I brought Lovren into my team this week, might end up with a decent score

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lovren or Matip are great defenders to have because they can pick up bonus points due to their general defensive duties from open play.

If I could afford it, I'd have Coutinho and Firmino, but my attack is too expensive to get near that.
I just slammed in both Firmino and Coutinho for Walcott and Sterling (had exactly the right money and couldn't risk a rise)

It's a merry-go-round nightmare owning one of them so what the hell! The sight of Olivier Giroud is too much for me to go through the whole Walcott thing again and Sterling is shite. Jesus Navas still looks better than him and if that's not enough to put the willies up you...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Mister Dead
I just slammed in both Firmino and Coutinho for Walcott and Sterling (had exactly the right money and couldn't risk a rise)

It's a merry-go-round nightmare owning one of them so what the hell! The sight of Olivier Giroud is too much for me to go through the whole Walcott thing again and Sterling is shite.

I was gonna swap Firmino for Coutinho...and then Firmino scored.

Sigh...think I'm better off swapping out Snodgrass due to his injury.
Original post by Lúcio
I was gonna swap Firmino for Coutinho...and then Firmino scored.

Sigh...think I'm better off swapping out Snodgrass due to his injury.

I think for the first half dozen games they were just a massive frustration, but it looks as though they're really finding their feet, and Sturridge and Origi offer little threat to them so I think doubling up is looking pretty sound. They will of course double blank now

this week 62 once the baps roll in with Austin, Luks, Allen and Shawcross to play
(edited 7 years ago)
Should have 65 with bonuses, payet costa redmond pieters Williams left. After weeks of getting 30/40 such as relief.

Posted from TSR Mobile
@sr90, not that I'm in a position to give advice but I'd consider dropping Sterling, Son, Benteke and Mata. Coutinho/Payet perhaps? Austin?

Ibra/Fletcher to Coutinho and someone cheap. Any recs?
Original post by little_wizard123
@sr90, not that I'm in a position to give advice but I'd consider dropping Sterling, Son, Benteke and Mata. Coutinho/Payet perhaps? Austin?

Ibra/Fletcher to Coutinho and someone cheap. Any recs?

Yep agree with all that plus Valencia as well cos he's injured. I have no choice but to take a 12 point hit this week to remove him Son Sterling & Mata. Benteke will get another week and can go over the international break if he does nothing.

At least I've got 74 with Lukaku still to play (who always scores against West Ham) so I can justify taking a hit with a big score, average on FFS seems to be half that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
25 points. FFS. I'm going to plummet unless Costa scores two goals tomorrow.

Seriously considering an 8 point hit to remove Walcott, Sterling and Valencia. Should probably rid Monreal too but a 12 point hit is insane when -8 of that is from defenders. I can just sub him and remove with a free next week.
50 points [including 10 coming from the bench] with 4 to play. Much better than last 3 or so GWs already.
Disappointed with 57 so far, but up into 20k for the first time with 3 to play.

Made a large mistake not going with Firmino and Austin over Lallana and Benteke, though hindsight is a fine thing - everything else went pretty well mainly.
Somehow managed to blag my way into 3rd in this league despite spending 5 mins a week on my team and forgetting Friday fixtures half the time :biggrin:

Latest