The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dirtybit
Special once

I think that was intentional m9

Anyway, I blame the players today, or more specifically, Zlatan
Original post by SirAlexFerguson
I take your point but that change was made in part due to the red card so that Fellaini could come into CM for Lingard and Rooney was to come on for Mata (who have about the same pace). Both were terrible.

Its a long season though but without a doubt we'll look back at this game if we miss top 4 by a point or on GD like last season.

I know what you mean, however. To be United Manager you haaaavvvveeee to be ruthless, Burnley never looked like scoring, we should have just rhough everything we had at it, without having to worry about who would filll the CM, I honestly wouldn't have cared if we lost the game today, if we would have made more attacking changes.... Feels like a loss anyway.
For once I agree with you! Which is why I think all the anti Jose comments are absurd and highlight the trigger happy/angry nature of modern day football.

Not being negative just being honest but I don't think Mourinho will survive!

Waiting for the day when people realise he's passed it.
Original post by Lúcio
I'm all for Mourinho bashing but in this case, difeo has it spot on.

When you have 37 shots and create the quality of chances that you did, what can the manager do if his players don't finish?
The only people you can blame here are the United players for not finishing...

Well if it's obvious your striker is in a bit of a rut I guess you could try putting another player up top instead of him. It's not clear whether Martial is actually injured or not but why not player Rashford as the striker instead?
Original post by Kenan and Kel
I think that was intentional m9

Anyway, I blame the players today, or more specifically, Zlatan

Told you he's shite mate!!!
Yesterday Mourinho praised the phenomenal Carrick yet said he can't play 5, 6, 7 games as he is 36 yet Ibrahimovic is clear evidence that he's struggling coupled with his barren run. The chance in the first half Mata nicely laid on for him was clear evidence - guy of his clinical thinking would have taken it round the keeper. The chance at the end could be forgiven for a dodgy bounce but overall he needs a rest.

Rather than a jab at the referee coming sarcastically from Faria, he'd have been safer off making a subtle remark of someone getting a new tattoo as that second booking for Herrera was a poor decision.

The exclusion of Henrikh more baffling when he needs minutes and could have got his confidence up and taking off Mata (who as captain, was influencing the play) for Rooney who proceeded to waste a clear chance at the end. WTF?

Title hopes are becoming distant away as this run of games, starting today were winnable opportunities.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by trapking
Not being negative just being honest but I don't think Mourinho will survive!

Waiting for the day when people realise he's passed it.

I know what it feels like and trust me when I say I will turn against the manager when I feel it is merited but not on the basis of today's performance. I wouldn't say he's passed it when he's still in his 50s and he won the league two years ago but I can see where you're coming from.
Original post by Lúcio
I'm all for Mourinho bashing but in this case, difeo has it spot on.

When you have 37 shots and create the quality of chances that you did, what can the manager do if his players don't finish?
The only people you can blame here are the United players for not finishing...

Maybe if our best creative players were actually on the pitch instead of sat in the stands we'd have been able to unlock their defence... It's the equivalent of you leaving Mane & Coutinho out and starting with Ings and Origi on the wing.

Absolutely shambolic mismanagement. Again. Christ the guy is starting to make Van gaal look competent

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Skkc16
Well if it's obvious your striker is in a bit of a rut I guess you could try putting another player up top instead of him. It's not clear whether Martial is actually injured or not but why not player Rashford as the striker instead?

When your striker is Ibrahimovic though?
I think you can be safe in the expectation that he'll score a tap in.

Blame Mourinho for anti-football but you can't blame him for this.
I know what it feels like and trust me when I say I will turn against the manager when I feel it is merited but not on the basis of today's performance. I wouldn't say he's passed it when he's still in his 50s and he won the league two years ago but I can see where you're coming from.

what really pisses me off about him is the team selection...

it's been extremely poor including the substitutions. The post by Aky summarises it perfectly.

Imagine putting Rooney and Fellaini on when we need more pace and creativity in the box. Fair enough about the red card he could have put in Schneiderlin and Memphis a lot earlier in the game not to mention Zlatan should have been off by half time. Just poor at this level and I bet you he's going to put all the blame on the ref.
Original post by sr90
Maybe if our best creative players were actually on the pitch instead of sat in the stands we'd have been able to unlock their defence... It's the equivalent of you leaving Mane & Coutinho out and starting with Ings and Origi on the wing.

Absolutely shambolic mismanagement. Again. Christ the guy is starting to make Van gaal look competent

Posted from TSR Mobile

You did unlock the defence though!!

The problem was absolutely not creativity, it was poor finishing and brilliant defending.
Original post by Lúcio
When your striker is Ibrahimovic though?
I think you can be safe in the expectation that he'll score a tap in.

Blame Mourinho for anti-football but you can't blame him for this.

Well that's another problem then. Picking players based on their name rather than form is not what's best for the team. If he's found it in his heart to bench Rooney then I'm sure he can do the same to Zlatan even for just one game.
Original post by Skkc16
Well that's another problem then. Picking players based on their name rather than form is not what's best for the team. If he's found it in his heart to bench Rooney then I'm sure he can do the same to Zlatan even for just one game.

Yes but you're saying it like he didn't have a brilliant start to his United career.

He's in bad form but the only way strikers get out of it is to start scoring again.
Original post by Lúcio
Yes but you're saying it like he didn't have a brilliant start to his United career.

He's in bad form but the only way strikers get out of it is to start scoring again.

End of the day he's like 35 years old and he's gone 550 minutes without scoring in the league. Let him see the bench for a game or two. He can come on as a sub when United have scored already and there's no pressure. Jose has never been scared to drop a big name so maybe Zlatan is just very "loyal"
Original post by sr90

Posted from TSR Mobile

What game were you watching, we had 20 shots from inside the box
Think it is a psychological issue tbh, when you have every other fan in the league desperate for you to fail (for what reasons I still don't understand) it is almost inevitable that you will, I think this is something which has existed for a while but Fergie was always shielded us from it, by having the media in his back pocket etc.. However now that this is getting through to the players, it is easy to identify that there is something wrong with the players psychology and confidence on the pitch... Call in the sports psychologists I say.
Lol the guy's a waste of money and we got him for free ffs. How many clear cut chances does he need to miss before he can score.
Reply 4717
Original post by trapking
it's just like @bammy jastard 27 said you will not understand the pain of having Mourinho until he's your manager...

now i know how Chelsea fans felt.

Tbf you were actually one of the sensible ones wrt mourinhos appointment.

The fact is that united struggle against teams that defend deep and it is a pretty ****ing common feature of mourinho teams. yeah keeper had a great game but the same **** happened to liverpool under kkkenny and you guys had the knives out for him(rightly so) so why are people being defensive over mourinho.

You mother****ers are a classic case of Stockholm syndrome.
Reply 4718
Original post by SCIENCE :D
Think it is a psychological issue tbh, when you have every other fan in the league desperate for you to fail (for what reasons I still don't understand) it is almost inevitable that you will, I think this is something which has existed for a while but Fergie was always shielded us from it, by having the media in his back pocket etc.. However now that this is getting through to the players, it is easy to identify that there is something wrong with the players psychology and confidence on the pitch... Call in the sports psychologists I say.

Chelsea are probably the most hated team in the prem. although mou coming to united probably tilted the award to you guys.
Can anyone who's blaming this on Mourinho (usual idiots) please **** off.

Much obliged.

Latest