The Student Room Group

Frontline social work grad scheme 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gemmaAkaMe
I didn't get through :frown:

So sorry Gemma! Good luck with everything
Original post by Beth1964
Oh thanks, that feels really reassuring. From your 'name' it sounds like you're a mature student?? I am!
Have you heard anything back from the assessment day yet? x

Yes I am!! And I'm through! It's exciting!
Can't wait to get started now!
I am x

That's great, have you got Facebook or anything else I can contact you on? I just think it would be mutually beneficial already knowing someone before we get there :smile:.
Original post by DannyDiamond95
That's great, have you got Facebook or anything else I can contact you on? I just think it would be mutually beneficial already knowing someone before we get there :smile:.

Hi Danny
Yes I have 'Bethan Davies McIntosh' don't be alarmed that I don't have any friends....I deleted everyone recently in the lead up to getting involved in Social Work. I'm not a strange loner.....honest!
Original post by StudentAgain1
Yes I am!! And I'm through! It's exciting!
Can't wait to get started now!

Oh wow! Congratulations! That's fantastic news. Wish me luck for next week. I will let you know how I get on x
Hi Danny
Yes I have 'Bethan Davies McIntosh' don't be alarmed that I don't have any friends....I deleted everyone recently in the lead up to getting involved in Social Work. I'm not a strange loner.....honest!

Haha don't worry Beth, I believe you! I couldn't add you but I've sent you a message :smile:.
Good luck guys! hope to see you in the summer. Which regions are you going for?
Good luck guys! hope to see you in the summer. Which regions are you going for?

I'm in the South East, so hopefully down this end somewhere, what about you? Have you already graduated?
I'm in the South East, so hopefully down this end somewhere, what about you? Have you already graduated?

YEah im London or south east . Haha! I graduated a fair few years ago
YEah im London or south east . Haha! I graduated a fair few years ago

Oh wow! Whereabouts are you from? I'm originally from Wallington (Sutton/Croydon area) but live in Hastings at the moment. But I have loads of friends and family I can stay with for the duration of the course.
I'm in my final year (I SHOULD have graduated years and years and years ago! lol).
Thank you :smile:.
Oh Gemma, really sorry to hear that. Will you try the other routes? Good luck xx

Thank you!! Yeah I'm going to do MA Social Work, it was always what I was going to do, I just thought I'd try Frontline first of all! Wasn't meant to be!

Good luck with everything Beth (and everyone else)! I will check back here to see how you get on but I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine!
So sorry Gemma! Good luck with everything

Thank you! You too! Definitely let me know how the summer institute goes!
Thank you!! Yeah I'm going to do MA Social Work, it was always what I was going to do, I just thought I'd try Frontline first of all! Wasn't meant to be!

Good luck with everything Beth (and everyone else)! I will check back here to see how you get on but I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine!

Best of luck with your MA. Let us know how you get on. Wish me luck for thursday xx
Original post by Boxerdog26
Yeah is better than a no, keep your fingers crossed! I didn't even know they did a waiting list to be honest. When did they say they will tell you if you're on or not?

They said they would contact me definitely when applications closes but they would also get in touch if spaces become available for centres because they revisit the applications of those on the waiting list :/

I also wasn't successful :-( where you wanting to do an MA? I've been looking at that too! I just don't know if I can fund it??
I also wasn't successful :-( where you wanting to do an MA? I've been looking at that too! I just don't know if I can fund it??

Have you looked into Step Up or Think ahead. They are both funded, Think Ahead is almost similar to Frontline in the way its carried out but it focuses on Mental Health rather than children/families. You should look into it
Best of luck with your MA. Let us know how you get on. Wish me luck for thursday xx

alll the best of luck for Thursday!!! Hope it goes well! Let me know how you get on! :smile:

I'm thinking either University of Birmingham or University of Worcester as they're both the best options for me in terms of location, cost and admission requirements! How about yourself?

Well, I did consider this, however, there are the NHS bursaries that most people seem to get and now there's the post-graduate loan, new to 2016/17/18 so it would be worth applying for that as it seems to work the same way as the undergraduate student loan did! Plus I'm not in that much debt as I stayed at home and commuted to and from University.

I guess essentially you just need to weigh up the pros and cons and see if a masters is the right thing for you, but personally it will be beneficial as I'd enjoy it and it would lead to the career I want! :smile:
Original post by amberee
Have you looked into Step Up or Think ahead. They are both funded, Think Ahead is almost similar to Frontline in the way its carried out but it focuses on Mental Health rather than children/families. You should look into it

I've looked into Step Up and it seems like a good route, I currently work at a local authority who offer it so I'm definitely applying! Have you? Thank you for the help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending