The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by beautifulxxx
I used to hate that hour change so much omdz. Alhamdulilah we dnt have it in Saudi, or so I think we don't...:s-smilie:

Lucky. I know it's quite silly.

Original post by Squish•
sorry i did it once by accident and then decided to see if people actually read the blue bit an how long it would take to realise

I realised but didn't say anything till you kept doing it :rolleyes:

And about the clocks thing, we get an extra hour of sleep, not less.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
Lucky. I know it's quite silly.

I realised but didn't say anything till you kept doing it :rolleyes:

And about the clocks thing, we get an extra hour of sleep, not less.

Posted from TSR Mobile

wait so 7:30 becomes 6:30 and now i have to get up for 6:30 every day. so the hour goes back right? like an hour gets taken away?
and lol i didn't know what the word meant
Original post by Squish•
wait so 7:30 becomes 6:30 and now i have to get up for 6:30 every day. so the hour goes back right? like an hour gets taken away?and lol i didn't know what the word meant
lol no, to put it simply, you get an extra hours sleep (today only lol), and it will get dark 1 hour sooner, that's it!
Original post by User1212
lol no, to put it simply, you get an extra hours sleep (today only lol), and it will get dark 1 hour sooner, that's it!

but why because i have to wake up for 6:30 instead of 7:30
Original post by Squish•
wait so 7:30 becomes 6:30 and now i have to get up for 6:30 every day. so the hour goes back right? like an hour gets taken away?
and lol i didn't know what the word meant

No you still get up 7:30. 7:30 will become 6:30 so that means you can sleep an extra hour and wake up when it's 7:30. So an hour is added.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Squish•
but why because i have to wake up for 6:30 instead of 7:30
no if you need to wake up 7.30, you will still wake up for 7.30, at 2am the clocks will go back 1 hour to 1am, so you'll get an extra hours sleep!
Original post by HAnwar
No you still get up 7:30. 7:30 will become 6:30 so that means you can sleep an extra hour and wake up when it's 7:30. So an hour is added.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by User1212
no if you need to wake up 7.30, you will still wake up for 7.30, at 2am the clocks will go back 1 hour to 1am, so you'll get an extra hours sleep!

o i get what u mean but fajr is 6:30 now so i'm sleeping the same time then. But still rubbish as that means i have to get up earlier in the other days now
Original post by Squish•
o i get what u mean but fajr is 6:30 now so i'm sleeping the same time then. But still rubbish as that means i have to get up earlier in the other days now
yes I'm afraid so.
Original post by Squish•

Fajr starts just after 5 now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
Fajr starts just after 5 now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

5:25 for me and then 6:30
Muslim women being raped in Burma

Very sad what is happening to muslims in this area of the world. We need to pay more attention to these issues.

This is happening under the leadership of the darling of the Western Media and nobel prize winner

Aung San Suu Kyi

Suu Kyi has never said a word regarding systematic oppression of muslims in Burma nor lifted a finger to stop these sorts of tragedies, which have been going on for years now.

http://time.com/4548834/rohingya-burma-myanmar-suu-kyi-maungdaw-rape/

http://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2016/10/29/491166/Myanmar-Rakhine-Rohingya-Muslims-new-abuses-rights-organizations-border-attack-Rafendi-Djamin

http://www.smh.com.au/world/rohingya-women-raped-homes-destroyed-as-myanmar-cracks-down-on-militants-20161029-gsdm8g.html
Atheists: "Does the first cause need to be God. Could it not be Allah? Odin? Or any one of millions of Gods that proclaim they are the right one."

The reality is, this is irrelevant. As long as you believe there was a first cause, which was uncaused and purposefully originated everything, you all believe in the same one God. UNTIL you distort and make up false things about him.

Now, you may distort that God, claim he is three, call him Zues, and other falsities, but before you did so, a muslim, christian, jew, deist, all accepted the originator of all things.

So in a sense, to prove the existence of the uncaused cause comes before organised religion , names for the cause, and varying beliefs of his attributes and so on.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Tawheed
Muslim women being raped in Burma

Very sad what is happening to muslims in this area of the world. We need to pay more attention to these issues.

This is happening under the leadership of the darling of the Western Media and nobel prize winner

Aung San Suu Kyi

Suu Kyi has never said a word regarding systematic oppression of muslims in Burma nor lifted a finger to stop these sorts of tragedies, which have been going on for years now.

http://time.com/4548834/rohingya-burma-myanmar-suu-kyi-maungdaw-rape/

http://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2016/10/29/491166/Myanmar-Rakhine-Rohingya-Muslims-new-abuses-rights-organizations-border-attack-Rafendi-Djamin

http://www.smh.com.au/world/rohingya-women-raped-homes-destroyed-as-myanmar-cracks-down-on-militants-20161029-gsdm8g.html

I remember a semi-recent news article when she was uncomfortable being interviewed by a Muslim, saying something like "I didn't know I was going to be interviewed by a Muslim" - it is just another thing confirming she has something against Muslims too.
Original post by Zamestaneh
I remember a semi-recent news article when she was uncomfortable being interviewed by a Muslim, saying something like "I didn't know I was going to be interviewed by a Muslim" - it is just another thing confirming she has something against Muslims too.

Yeah, i saw that. You could see the hatred in her eyes, and it really gave her true thoughts away.
Original post by Zamestaneh

Can you link the interview please?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
Words are still the same. Sounds fine imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooooooh, was that a reference to hyperbole?
Sorry for late replies all, I'm free finally. You're all probably sleeping XD

Original post by h333

Aww may Allah bless you. Ameen....that is sweet😊 good to see Alhamdulillah. Did you like my food 😉 I hardly share anything on snapchat thse days 😂

Thanks graane, ameen. I certainly did :yep:

Original post by ash92:)
Wa alaykum assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

I'm good thanks, alhamdulillah, just on my way home from work :jive:

You should be home now XD I won't be at work tomorrow bc I have guests arriving in the afternoon.

Original post by Curious22
As Salamu Alaikum

I was just wondering if frijj milkshakes are halal ?

Walaykum asalaam.
CONVERSATION BETWEEN A MOTHER AND HER SON

Mother:
I fought with death when I was giving birth to you. I spent sleepless nights when you were sick and crying. I never ate without feeding you first. I bore so many pains to bring you to the stage that you are in today. How will you repay me my son?

Son:
When I grow up, I will find a good job and earn lots of money for you so you can enjoy the pleasures of this world.

Mother:
Your father is doing this already and I do not expect this from you too. By the time you are earning I will be old and will not be in need of any worldly luxuries.

Son:
I will find a pious lady and marry her so she can cook for you and take care of you.

Mother:
That is not her duty my son and neither should you marry for that reason. It is not compulsory on her to do any service to me, neither do I expect this from her. Your marriage should be for you, a companion and a comfort for you as you go through this journey of life.

Son:
Tell me mother how can I repay you then?

Mother:
(With tears in her eyes) Visit or call me often. A mother only requires this much from you while she is alive. Then when I die give me your shoulder and bury me. Whenever you perform prayers, supplicate for me. Give out in charity for me. Remember your every good deed will benefit me in the hereafter so be good and kind always. Fulfill the rights of Allah SWT and all those around you. The sleepless nights and pains I took to bring you up was not a favour to you but was for my creator. He blessed me with you as a beautiful gift and as a means for me to attain His pleasure. Your every good deed becomes my repayment. Will you do it my son?

Son:
(Cannot speak and has tears in his eyes)
May we all be of those that are a coolness of our parents eyes and a means of their purification.

“Say My Lord be merciful to them as they brought me up in my childhood”
(Surah Al-Israa)
For or Against

‏قال شيخ الإسلام ابن تيمية رحمه الله

Shaykh ul Islaam Ibn Taymeeyah -Rahimullah said:

المؤمن ترضيه كلمة الحق له وعليه وتغضبه كلمة الباطل له وعليه

‘The believer is pleased with a truthful statement, whether it is for him or against him, and gets angry at a false statement whether is for him or against him.’

مجموع الفتاوى ١٠/٦٠٠

[Majmoo al-Fatawa 10/600]

Latest

Trending

Trending