The Student Room Group

Telling her that I like her on her birthday

Is this really a good idea? I've known her for over a fortnight and I'd say we have good chemistry from teasing each other and making a fun out of what we do. Its her birthday on Monday (on Halloween I know :tongue:), I've written a bday message in her bday but the romantic in me says it means I'm serious about my feelings for her and want to see where we can take our current friendship. I really want to get it right with her having messed up with a lot of girls in the past.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Is this really a good idea? I've known her for over a fortnight and I'd say we have good chemistry from teasing each other and making a fun out of what we do. Its her birthday on Monday (on Halloween I know :tongue:), I've written a bday message in her bday but the romantic in me says it means I'm serious about my feelings for her and want to see where we can take our current friendship. I really want to get it right with her having messed up with a lot of girls in the past.

Yes go for it, think she will love the gesture.
Maybe not on her birthday, in case she doesn't actually like you that way, and then she feels bad...on her birthday. Maybe give it two weeks. If she does then also say yes, then feel free to say "I actually wanted to tell you on your birthday, but I didn't know how you felt and didn't want you to feel bad" That's if she likes you that way of course. If she doesn't, then I'm sorry for you. Go cry at home (I mean that genuinely, even though it sounds a bit abrupt)
1. Her birthday is not about you, and
2. "Over a fortnight", are you serious?!! That is not a very long time, mate...
Reply 4
Original post by chikane
Yes go for it, think she will love the gesture.

Loving the positivity :tongue:

Maybe that's enough for them ???
No, not on her birthday.

There's usually too much going on during birthdays and you want to ask her when you know she will have time to think about it. You don't want to ask her whilst she's cutting the cake with her friends.

You will spoil her birthday. Don't be that kid.

I don't disagree with the first point, but the second is ridiculous. It's better to make the move ASAP, guys who wait end up friend zoned.
Tell her now. Stop putting it off
Go for it my son
I can tell by the way you type that this girl means so much to you. Get her before it's too late. I too had the chance once and I blew it, I don't want you to make the same mistake that I did...
Original post by Applepiex3
No, not on her birthday.

There's usually too much going on during birthdays and you want to ask her when you know she will have time to think about it. You don't want to ask her whilst she's cutting the cake with her friends.

You will spoil her birthday. Don't be that kid.

I agree with this! It could so easily just not be noticed and/or forgotten about, and if she doesn't like you back it's a bit awkward to have it written out in a card forever, you might get laughed at
Go for it my son
I can tell by the way you type that this girl means so much to you. Get her before it's too late. I too had the chance once and I blew it, I don't want you to make the same mistake that I did...

Thanks man,

Yeah I quite like her but I feel that Ive just missed the boat. I asked her if we could go for a drink a few weeks ago and the time I suggested wasnt ideal because she was doing some volunteering for the club we're both part of and she said she'd let me know when he can but never did. Plus she hasnt replied to the text I sent to her yesterday, maybe she's busy I dont know but the signs arent good personally
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Tell her now. Stop putting it off

I've pretty much given an update on things with her right now

I feel like telling her casually and just saying that I'd like us to get to know each other more beyond our existing environment and go from there but logic says that because we're teammates for the best part of the academic year things will be awkward between us if she says she doesnt feel the same way when i tell her

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending