The Student Room Group

Imagine what the world will be like in the year 7000

Imagine how many advancements are made in 50 years. Then imagine how many would be made in 5000 years.

The world would be so extremely f--king advanced that we just can't comprehend what it would be like. None of these sci-fi films and s--t - it would be so massively advanced that if we could travel there for a day we'd come back completely different (because our minds have been blown by the year 7000).

Not year 2100 or 3000 or anything but year 7000. Holy shiitake mushrooms.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Yeah, but I'll be dead, so what difference does it make (good smiths song btw) to me?
You're assuming that our species (or any species for that matter) are going to survive on this planet for another 5000 years. I think that's highly, highly unlikely.
CheeseIsVeg-less
Being bleak but true :h:
Original post by Springwort
Imagine how many advancements are made in 50 years. Then imagine how many would be made in 5000 years.

The world would be so extremely f--king advanced that we just can't comprehend what it would be like. None of these.sci-fi films and **** - it would be so massively advanced that if we could travel there for a day we'd come back completely different (because our minds have been blown by the year 7000.

I doubt we'll still even be on earth, we'll be travelling the stars in massive ships in hypersleep finding distant planets
Reply 5
Harambe will still be king.
Ha you think the world is gonna survive that long. China have had to make their children wear protective masks from the polluted air it's just a matter of time before the world is dead and global warming destroys us.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You know what I've always wondered: what the film industry will be like in 60 years time. 8-D lol. Honestly I could be 80 and watch classics like the Shawshank redemption and still love it then people my age now in that time be like "I ain't watching that that film it's 80 years old", which is kinda understandable because I wouldn't want to watch a film from the 1930's. Does anyone think we've met our peak in the film industry or is there gonna be extremely advanced film making technology going about in the year 2070 ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think we've got a few hundred thousand years to go :smile:
let's see what happens in the next fortnight then I will consider this
A glass of wine will cost like £10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000.
China would have taken over the world
The earth will always change. But...5 things constantly exist .

1. Killing.

2. Stealing.

3. Sexual misconduct.

4. False speech.

5. Alcohol and narcotics.

Those 5 things will be part of human history...till hell freezes over.:-)

1477791700954.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
We'll either be extinct or a space-faring people

Posted from TSR Mobile
[video="youtube;Vl3QuyYNPa4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl3QuyYNPa4[/video]
Reply 15
who cares, most of us won't be here...
The number of advancements will decrease because technology will inevitably plateau... it is more likely that an apocalypse would have come and wiped out most of the humankind other than those living in caves... and the human race and civilization would have to build itself back up again from the ashes... or global warming will destroy the earth making it not habitable like Jupiter or Saturn... or a fiery planet like Mercury... We will never know because in life like in death, the world without us or not, will continue to orbit around the sun... we are just passengers of this great green-blue planet that we live on...
Original post by Springwort

The world would be so extremely f--king advanced that we just can't comprehend what it would be like. None of these sci-fi films and s--t - it would be so massively advanced that if we could travel there for a day we'd come back completely different (because our minds have been blown by the year 7000).

It will probably be like falout?
Original post by retro_turtles
China would have taken over the world

I really hope so its a much better fate then the current predictions I have.

I think we will head into a dark ages from which we will never emerge and be stuck in the middle ages until a natural disaster eventually finishes our species off.
A nuclear war where after we will go back to fighting with sticks and stones. So basically we will restart before we even reach 7000

Quick Reply

Latest