The Student Room Group

Do you drink alcohol?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FireFreezer77
So how many TSRians drink?
I myself dont and never intend to, dont see the point.

If you do: State why
If you dont State why

I dont because i just dont see the appeal of getting drunk, doing things i then regret and then having a hangover.
Plus it tastes horrible :yucky:

Your turn :smile:

i drink beer as it tastes nice and can make me feel more confident, however i do not drink whiskey as it makes me really mean and horrible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mobbsy91
Yeh. In freshers week last year, this girl who doesn't drink, came out every night with us, and had an amazing time - no ****ing clue how.... I was there off my face and was in amazement xD

I remember during my sister's freshers week, a hijabi went clubbing with them and she had an amazing time without drinking any alcohol at all. I think it's doable but fairly rare during Freshers Week :tongue:
I only drink tasty ones, and on special occasions - French or Georgian red wine, Champagne and Bavarian beer. :smile:
I like an afternoon in a pub garden. Pint after pint of lovely beer.
Don't see what is the fun in a loss of control, vomiting or a hangover. Even though I hate being the only sober one at parties, drugs are just not worth the risk. That's why I chicken out when someone offers me vodka or any other type of drug. However, I do have a hot toddy if I am ill.
Reply 65
Daily
Original post by rustyldner
Don't see what is the fun in a loss of control, vomiting or a hangover. Even though I hate being the only sober one at parties, drugs are just not worth the risk. That's why I chicken out when someone offers me vodka or any other type of drug. However, I do have a hot toddy if I am ill.

It depends how much you drink... When I drink day to day at home, I don't drink to get loss of control, vomiting or a hangover. If I go on a big night out, then that's different...
regularly...1-2 times a week... I drink most days as it's virtually part of the job not to mention that i can afford it
Not as much as i used to.
Probably 1/2 times a month now, used to go out 2/3 times a week.

When i'm on my death bed i'll think 'i wish i did x or y'. I won't think 'I shouldn't have had fun and taken risks'.

Use your brain, be responsible and have a good time. People can (and do) take whatever they want to take.
Reply 69
I drink maybe twice a month if there is a house party as I am too young for clubs. I am such a lightweight so I don't need to spend loads on drink :smile: Always hungover af, and there has been to many occasions to count where I can't remember anything of the previous night.
I do not drink alcohol, i dont see the point in drinking it, maybe when im older like in my twenties :smile:
Not gonna lie, I enjoy a glass of red wine 2-3 times a week...:colondollar: And I must say I really do enjoy getting tipsy at parties; I'm quite shy and I feel much more confident under the influence of alcohol lol. I have never vomited because of alcohol before though, and I never plan to. It would just ruin the party for me.
Reply 72
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
I remember during my sister's freshers week, a hijabi went clubbing with them and she had an amazing time without drinking any alcohol at all. I think it's doable but fairly rare during Freshers Week :tongue:

It's called the ability to "act drunk" whilst not actually drinking. When you act drunk, it pretty much has similar effects :rofl: I've gone out and stuff and never had a drink but still had high level of fun.

As for the original question: I have seen what people do and how they are when they are drunk, and how difficult many find it to control themselves from this eventuality. Therefore, I'd rather be entertained from watching all these drunk people being stupid than actually drinking myself.

Plus, the smell of alcohol just makes me feel sick :colondollar:

Then finally there's the religious element. But I'm 100 percent certain that if I wasn't religious then I'd still not drink.
Original post by Ella-keturah
Every once in a while. The last time was in Ibiza in August. I don't like the taste and it usually upsets my tummy, even if I haven't got drunk.

Fair enough :smile:
Ah yeah i remember you said about going there, how was it?
Aw sorry to hear that, aw well life can be fun without it too :smile:

I do drink but not that often. Will probably drink more at uni though but hopefully not to the point where I get full on drunk all the time.

Nice :smile:
Ah yeah uni would be a good place to drink, having fun with your friends :smile:
I bet youre looking forward to it!?
Ah yeah getting full on drunk doesnt appesr to be the best feeling ever.

Also congrats on getting into your 1st choice! :biggrin:
Original post by ?Hannah
i drink beer as it tastes nice and can make me feel more confident, however i do not drink whiskey as it makes me really mean and horrible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hannah!!!

Ah nice one :smile:
I cant imagine you being mean and horrible! That just doesnt seem right, youre so nice :smile:
I do drink but not that often. Will probably drink more at uni though but hopefully not to the point where I get full on drunk all the time.

Haha, well... uni is like a long, dark, spiralling staircase in terms of alcohol consumption :biggrin:

Original post by john2054
I normally have a couple of pints once a week. I drink lager though, none of that bitter for me!

That's pretty self restrained xD Could never ****ing do that xD
Original post by mobbsy91
Haha, well... uni is like a long, dark, spiralling staircase in terms of alcohol consumption :biggrin:

That's pretty self restrained xD Could never ****ing do that xD

how many do you drink? I get drunk on more then that!
I haven't but I don't intend to drink really but I just wanaa know what it feels like. :colone:
i prefer to rub it into my bikini area

:yep:
I didn't really drink much before uni, but I drink more at uni.
Nothing wrong with drinking but being around drunk people scare me

Quick Reply

Latest